2021 USMNT Thread | Page 60 | Syracusefan.com

2021 USMNT Thread

Really should have won that game by a couple.

Some interesting stats on Pepe I saw recently. Has among the worst metrics of any striker in his league and even in scoring for the US team his on the ball numbers are awful.. He manages to get into some good spots but if he doesnt score off those he generates almost nothing anywhere else in the game.. He seldom even controls the ball with any dribbles.. Has to score off that feed last night..

Morris coming back off injury created a ton of chances and that header shot was just bad luck it didnt go in.

And did I hear it right they are playing the Feb 2 game in Minn.. out doors? Even the one in Jan on Ohio might be dicey ? Why did they choose to play in such cold weather sites?

Some interesting stats on Pepe I saw recently. Has among the worst metrics of any striker in his league and even in scoring for the US team his on the ball numbers are awful.. He manages to get into some good spots but if he doesnt score off those he generates almost nothing anywhere else in the game.. He seldom even controls the ball with any dribbles.. Has to score off that feed last night..

Morris coming back off injury created a ton of chances and that header shot was just bad luck it didnt go in.

And did I hear it right they are playing the Feb 2 game in Minn.. out doors? Even the one in Jan on Ohio might be dicey ? Why did they choose to play in such cold weather sites?
They need at least six, probably seven out of the next three. I'm figuring they want to make it as miserable as possible for our southern friends, like the extreme heat does to us.

I think we snag seven on the first leg and four on the second leg. Problem is I can see Canada snagging 14 easily over their next six.

Without knowing for sure, I think there are strong fan bases for many of the teams we play in these qualifying matches who live in the US and will attend games and root for their team against the US if the games are played in areas near where they live.

We want a strong home field advantage for our games. If we have to play in cold weather to get that strong home field advantage, we will.

In the past, I have been known to advocate for the USMNT hiring an Italian coach, whenever Berhalter's reign ends. (I also happen to think Berhalter has pretty much done what Jurgen Klinsmann had wanted to do in terms of playing style ...)

Take a look at this tactical article about how Antonio Conte arranged his midfield to create defensive traps on the wings against Liverpool, while having the numerical advantage in midfield. Italy has always been known as the league of tactics. We could use a coach this good to take our team to the next level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom