2021 Yankees Season | Page 192 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

That is not what I was saying. In a case where the circumstances dictate that the fielder is not going to throw to first, if an out is not made, it is going to be ruled a hit or an error.
Ok, I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on how that should of been scored.

Home cooking at its finest.That happens anywhere else it’s not a hit. Judge has had the “ Never had a walk off hit” moniker for a long time.
He's had other walk offs, just not a walk off hit before today. And that kind of play that ends a game is almost always scored a hit. In fact, I'm hard pressed to remember one that wasn't.

Ok, I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree on how that should of been scored.
Yes, I believe that would have been a hit in every ballpark in America, but I’m sure Judge doesn’t care, nor should we.

With DJ and Voit out, who is our backup at 1st base?
Good question,I’d probably think T Wade or Odor
Could play in emergency.Red Sox have Schwarber playing 1st and he ain’t no Jewel over there.

Gary ;)
Well, he has taken balls there, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. I would think it's Odor, from the current roster or maybe Urshela.

I will say that Sánchez did a nice job of steering those six pitchers through that game yesterday. He also had a good at bat against Robertson in the eighth after falling behind 0-2.

Not a huge Nevin fan but the hold seemed like the right call there
I agree. Wade just stepping on 3rd as Randy A. was fielding. Not a great arm but he fielded it pretty shallow in RF. No need to take a chance there with Judge coming up.

Went to Saturday's game. That Gleyber play not running out a dropped strike 3 was so bad. I was on first base side and he was running towards me. I'm no body language expert but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. Yankees were down 10 at the time and it seemed to me he didn't want to run at all. It looked like he started his half ass jog expecting the throw quickly. When he looks back and sees it at the wall he picks up pace a little but still not busting it. His excuse about thinking he couldn't advance with 1B occupied and 2 outs was bull. If he really thought that he's walking to the dugout w/o attempting to run. Second loudest boos of the day after Monty's exit. Besides the game result the legends suite was awesome. Sitting there is so choice. If you have the means I highly recommend it.

1633445971771.png

Damn, Cole has a 6.19 ERA in 3 starts at Fenway this season.

Not having LeMahieu hurts. I assume Brantley was called up so Sanchez can DH tonight? Outfield of Stanton, Judge and Gallo?
I think teams just love the luxury of having a third catcher. I believe Gardner will start and Stanton will DH.

Good question,I’d probably think T Wade or Odor
Could play in emergency.Red Sox have Schwarber playing 1st and he ain’t no Jewel over there.
Schwarber will dh tonight.

Damn, Cole has a 6.19 ERA in 3 starts at Fenway this season.

I believe if the Yankees win it will be a close low scoring game combining the offensive struggles and superior bullpen. NY most likely loses a high scoring game, so I'm going to emotionally hedge and bet the OVER 8 runs scored.

Not having LeMahieu hurts. I assume Brantley was called up so Sanchez can DH tonight? Outfield of Stanton, Judge and Gallo?
I forgot that Higashioka will start because of Coke. I’ll bet Sanchez will be on the bench in favor of Gardner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom