2021 Yankees Season | Page 191 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

Fielders choice, he is out at first if he okays it that way
There would have to be an error on the fielder’s choice. If an out isn’t made on a fielder’s choice, it’s either an error or hit.

they could have called it a FC if they didn’t think judge would have beat it out to first
Come on, bees.

There would have to be an error on the fielder’s choice. If an out isn’t made on a fielder’s choice, it’s either an error or hit.
That’s a new one on me. Rule book doesn’t read that way. If a fielder throws to the wrong base it’s not even an error.Official scorer would of had to think Judge would of been safe at first if second basemen would of thrown to first.Very home cooking scoring on that play

Come on, bees.
That’s a new one on me. Rule book doesn’t read that way. If a fielder throws to the wrong base it’s not even an error.Official scorer would of had to think Judge would of been safe at first if second basemen would of thrown to first.Very home cooking scoring on that play
It might be possible to call it a “fielder’s choice,” but it almost never is without an out or an error. Also, in a case where a throw to first would result in losing the game, it’s going to be called a hit.

nope. An attempt to get another runner out is scored a hit or FC by the scorer regardless of the other runner is out or safe.

nope. An attempt to get another runner out is scored a hit or FC by the scorer regardless of the other runner is out or safe.
Fine, but in practice, it’s almost always called a hit or error.

yep. The scorer decided it was a hit and not a FC. He must have thought to himself judge would have beaten the throw.

Fine, but in practice, it’s almost always called a hit or error.

I have no idea which way it’s called the most because I don’t new track. But I’ve seen many many called FC. Heck, every double play attempt where they don’t get the batter at first is a FC.

It might be possible to call it a “fielder’s choice,” but it almost never is without an out or an error. Also, in a case where a throw to first would result in losing the game, it’s going to be called a hit.
How the heck do you get credited with a hit if you are out before reaching base?

yep. The scorer decided it was a hit and not a FC. He must have thought to himself judge would have beaten the throw.
Home cooking at its finest.That happens anywhere else it’s not a hit. Judge has had the “ Never had a walk off hit” moniker for a long time.

I watch most of their games, and yes, I feel he has contributed in important ways, especially given he was one of the few left handed bats in the lineup for a long stretch of the season.

I was hoping that you would bring this up and call me out (as Rougned got a timely clutch hit).

Then I could have famously doubled down like Don Sutton!
Anyway clutch hit for Odor, sucks for the Jays,

On the fielder's choice / hit discussion at the end of the game.

If an infielder makes a throw to another bag that is not a force play, it is at the official's discretion / judgment as to whether the batter would have been safe at first if the infielder would have made the attempt to make a play at first. If the official scorer deems he likely would have been out, then no hit or error is credited. It is simply batter safe at first via fielders choice. Surprised they gave a hit to Judge on that situation.

On the fielder's choice / hit discussion at the end of the game.

If an infielder makes a throw to another bag that is not a force play, it is at the official's discretion / judgment as to whether the batter would have been safe at first if the infielder would have made the attempt to make a play at first. If the official scorer deems he likely would have been out, then no hit or error is credited. It is simply batter safe at first via fielders choice. Surprised they gave a hit to Judge on that situation.
Great explanation

You said even a throw to first which would lose the game would be scored a hit. If he threw to first Judge would of been out.
That is not what I was saying. In a case where the circumstances dictate that the fielder is not going to throw to first, if an out is not made, it is going to be ruled a hit or an error.

I was hoping that you would bring this up and call me out (as Rougned got a timely clutch hit).

Then I could have famously doubled down like Don Sutton!
Anyway clutch hit for Odor, sucks for the Jays,

Sorry about your Jays. I was hoping they'd be playing tomorrow. Then again, I'm not too disappointed to not be seeing those bats again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom