Wade to 2nd.

DJ to 1st.

Higgy to Catch

Judge starts on 2nd

Hicks
Stanton
Gleyber

Let's do the thing.

Man, we got 161 games left but the meat of the order going down hard with strikeouts.

Just one game but. Bruce is most to blame for the loss today. He can't be in our lineup till Voit comes back.

I’m a broken record on this but I still don’t get Hicks in the 3 hole.

Maybe I’m too old school and a 9 hitter is supposed to hit there in modern baseball.

Just one game but. Bruce is most to blame for the loss today. He can't be in our lineup till Voit comes back.

DJ: 0-4 / 1 walk
Judge: 1-5 / 2 SO
Hicks: 0-4 / 3 SO
Stanton: 0-5 / 3 SO
Gio: 0-4 / 2 SO
Bruce: 0-3 / 1 SO, 1 walk

DJ: 0-4 / 1 walk
Judge: 1-5 / 2 SO
Hicks: 0-4 / 3 SO
Stanton: 0-5 / 3 SO
Gio: 0-4 / 2 SO
Bruce: 0-3 / 1 SO, 1 walk

The others will produce through the year they will play to the back of their baseball cards. Bruce is done. IDK why he is on the team.

That stunk. I also can’t stand the auto runner at second starting in the 10th. Just venting. 161 more to go.

I’m a broken record on this but I still don’t get Hicks in the 3 hole.

Maybe I’m too old school and a 9 hitter is supposed to hit there in modern baseball.
I will try to find the article. I read something about a strategy to have a #3 hitter who does not ground into double-plays. Apparently, Hicks makes most of his outs in the air. He has a low GIDP rate.

edit: I found it. It’s from the athletic. You need a subscription.

The Yankees hitting Aaron Hicks third is baseball by the book

“...So if your three-hole hitter is most likely to face double-play situations and Hicks has recently been freakishly skilled at avoiding the twin killing, you may better understand why Boone envisions him in that spot in the order this season...”

Last edited:
I will try to find the article. I read something about a strategy to have a #3 hitter who does not ground into double-plays. Apparently, Hicks makes most of his outs in the air. He has a low GIDP rate.

edit: I found it. It’s from the athletic. You need a subscription.
The Yankees hitting Aaron Hicks third is baseball by the book

“...So if your three-hole hitter is most likely to face double-play situations and Hicks has recently been freakishly skilled at avoiding the twin killing, you may better understand why Boone envisions him in that spot in the order this season...”

Thanks for the link. I'm glad to know there's a strategy and I know these guys are way smarter than me at this stuff.

I think I'm mostly trying to create a crow eating situation where Hicks explodes and I can look foolish. I can take it, I'm used to it.

Gets frustrating though. Just some early season whining.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom