2021 Yankees Season | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

If he boxes Boonie's ears and goes back out and pitches a scoreless ninth, he could become a true Yankee.

If he does that, he’s officially on Trevor Bauer’s level...

Sterling thinks Donohue is visiting the mound again.

It's a replay of last night's finger nail.

If he boxes Boonie's ears and goes back out and pitches a scoreless ninth, he could become a true Yankee.

im old school. I would have left Cole in. Where does the rule book say you have to take the starter out after 8? He wasn’t even at the most pitches he’s thrown in a game this season.

im old school. I would have left Cole in. Where does the rule book say you have to take the starter out after 8? He wasn’t even at the most pitches he’s thrown in a game this season.
Eh, 107, 108 pitches and you have Chapman, I'm okay with it. It's a long season. Maybe if he were at 90 pitches I'd send him back out.

Eh, 107, 108 pitches and you have Chapman, I'm okay with it. It's a long season. Maybe if he were at 90 pitches I'd send him back out.

stronger in the 8th.

Who needs run support? Cole might be entering Bob Gibson 1968 territory. It’s early but he’s been amazing so far this year.

stronger in the 8th.
Oh, I get it. The other thing to consider is that if Cole were to get in trouble or run out of gas, Chapman is more accustomed to starting an inning than coming in with a runner on.

Chapman still hasn’t given up an earned run. If he is available, he is pitching the ninth inning with a one run lead regardless of the circumstances (save for a no-hitter/perfect game).

Chapman still hasn’t given up an earned run. If he is available, he is pitching the ninth inning with a one run lead regardless of the circumstances (save for a no-hitter/perfect game).

Well, he won’t be tomorrow (4 games in 5 days). But I have no issue using him tonight. He’s been unhittable.

There’s some nostalgia in me that misses complete games and shutouts. Probably no better chance to see one than tonight, but it’s just not the game anymore. Unless it’s a no hitter.

Chapman needed the extra pressure of realizing that if he blew the game, it’s very likely Cole would have had someone take him for a ride in the Florida swamps.

the gun wouldn’t have been loaded, but Chapman would’ve been on his knees hearing the clicks.

Cole is 1 Bad Muthaflucker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom