2021 Yankees Season | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

2021 Yankees Season

The guy who got rocked by the lowly Tigers last week, and the lowly Orioles in his other start.
I was at that game and guy in front of me had a #14”Tyler Wade” jersey on. Anyway we were sitting down low between dugout and first base and Wade came out to stretch and I told the guy to turn around so Wade could see he had his jersey on.Sure enough after stretching Wade came over and signed the guys jersey.
I thought to myself that Wade probably sees someone wearing his number about twice a year.

I was at that game and guy in front of me had a #14”Tyler Wade” jersey on. Anyway we were sitting down low between dugout and first base and Wade came out to stretch and I told the guy to turn around so Wade could see he had his jersey on.Sure enough after stretching Wade came over and signed the guys jersey.
I thought to myself that Wade probably sees someone wearing his number about twice a year.

Probably an old Granderson jersey. ;)

Must be a position player coming. Garcia and Abreu haven't been down 10 days yet.

Must be a position player coming. Garcia and Abreu haven't been down 10 days yet.

Hmmm. Gittens time ? Lamarre to 60 day IL? We really don’t have a true backup first basemen right now. Total guess.

I'll just leave this here, with a quote for those who don't have access through the NYT paywall.

It’s Not Your Imagination: Baseball Players Are Getting Hurt a Lot​

Even accounting for virus-related stints, trips to the injured list are up as the sport lags behind others in injury prevention.
{snip}
Already on the I.L. were some of the best players in the sport, including outfielders Mike Trout, George Springer and Bryce Harper and infielders Corey Seager and Trevor Story.

Injuries are inevitable in sports, particularly in one built around explosive actions — firing a pitch, unleashing a swing, bursting out of the batter’s box. But what is happening in M.L.B. this season has not only alarmed people around the game, it has also underscored how far behind some experts say baseball is compared with other sports in terms of injury prevention, particularly given the sharp jump in muscle strains. It has also made some of the worst fears of teams, executives and players about the abridged 2020 season come true.

I'll just leave this here, with a quote for those who don't have access through the NYT paywall.
It drives me crazy that it took 13 paragraphs to get to the actual information:

Compared with 2019 spring training and the first two months of that season, the number of I.L. stints had increased by 31 percent through the same point in this season..”

Only his batterymate knows for sure.

Lowered Spin Rates Crush Cole

"So: Gerrit Cole had his lowest spin-rate start in years. But also, it might not actually mean anything. But also, it might mean a lot! Welcome to MLB in 2021, where everything is what you make of it unless Rob Manfred says otherwise. It was a rough start for Cole, his five earned runs tying the most he’s allowed this season (other than Thursday and the start on the 17th of May, he’s not allowed more than two earned runs in a start this season). He also still struck out as many batters as he allowed baserunners, and it’d be foolish to extrapolate anything from a single start. If this is the start of a trend, however, don’t expect it to take root—or the effects of the enforcement to be felt—exclusively among the league’s best and highest-profile starters. —Ginny Searle"

Entire team has melted down!
Truly a head scratcher as how this team can be this bad
This is not acceptable. Somebody needs to be made an example of. Marcus Thames and JP both hitting coaches need to be fired come Monday. Players need to be called out anon quotes to media. Things need to be shook if not for our pitching we would be buried. Still too much talent in the lineup to be bottom of league in runs.

This is not acceptable. Somebody needs to be made an example of. Marcus Thames and JP both hitting coaches need to be fired come Monday. Players need to be called out anon quotes to media. Things need to be shook if not for our pitching we would be buried. Still too much talent in the lineup to be bottom of league in runs.
Hmmm. Tampa Bay has the best record in the league. Maybe you can root for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom