2022 Hot Seat Rankings | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Hot Seat Rankings

Not sure how that’s possible. 3 years would have gone back to 2018 when you and everyone else was happy as a f clam to root on our team to 10 wins

your general disposition doesn’t seem to shift so maybe it was everyone but you lol
I knew that 2018 was more of a fluke due to one player (ie:Dungey). 2018 had nothing to do with Dino's coaching ability. He has been a horrible game manager and his system stinks. If not for ED's scrambling ability 10 wins would have not happened. I am hopeful now with this new OC, QB coach and a new scheme. If DB can stay out of the way then I think SU can make a bowl hame this season.

To be fair to Dino, he’s a head football coach not the pope, he’s not going to be rainbows 24/7.
Agreed, but many people cite how wonderful he is as a reason to keep him on. Which is the context of this thread.

I knew that 2018 was more of a fluke due to one player (ie:Dungey). 2018 had nothing to do with Dino's coaching ability. He has been a horrible game manager and his system stinks. If not for ED's scrambling ability 10 wins would have not happened. I am hopeful now with this new OC, QB coach and a new scheme. If DB can stay out of the way then I think SU can make a bowl hame this season.
Yeah, you’ve lost it. A team wins 10 in year 3 of his tenure based on *just a QB* is the stupidest thing I ever heard. Football teams win 10 when a lot of things work together. Great players + good coaching + recruiting (I think our S had a billion INT and is playing in the NFL?!) + etc etc

Sheesh

Agreed, but many people cite how wonderful he is as a reason to keep him on. Which is the context of this thread.
For sure, but I don’t think one interaction with him being not as up beat as you’d thought it would be means he’s not as wonderful as most think.

For sure, but I don’t think one interaction with him being not as up beat as you’d thought it would be means he’s not as wonderful as most think.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, and I have never met Dino, but the opinion stated about his great personality being overstated is definitely a rare one. The man is a bit of an oddball but most who meet him seem to really like him

Babers seems like a great guy. That said, if you look at the record, it's not good.

6 years
29-43 record
15-35 ACC record
Won > 2 games in the ACC 1x
1 Bowl

He has to be under extreme pressure to win this year.

Unfortunately, Syracuse has had only 4 winning seasons since PP left 17 years ago and I'm not sure a new coach will turn things around unless you open up the vault and pay a current successful coach. If Babers doesn't last, there needs to be a top to bottom review of the football program to figure out how to be successful.

Dino has had 1 winning season. Its not the fans

Paul had what, 1 losing season and some people consider him the antichrist.

Dino has to be on the hot seat and if we come out of the gates slow and mediocre, JW will have to decide if his minted assistants are worth handing the keys to or to give the program another enema.

Keep an eye on Bob Chesney at HC. Speak to kids in the ISL who will play d1 football and everyone says he’s the real deal. Prob BC guy when inevitably Hafley wins 9 and bolts for Michigan or something

Dino has had 1 winning season. Its not the fans

Diehards are there win or lose, good or bad and through the ups and downs.

Give me coach White, Moorhead, or Tim Lester and we have a winning program

HCDB may be going from the hot seat to the hot hand.

Definitely too early to tell, but it is hard to argue that the team looked good in a win over what many consider a solid Louisville team. Malik Cunningham is an experienced QB who is hard to contain and yes, SU did just that.

This team looks like they are going bowling in the post season.

Last edited: