2022 Men’s U21 Championship: Aug 10-20 in Ireland | Syracusefan.com

2022 Men’s U21 Championship: Aug 10-20 in Ireland

Zack80

Starter
Should the US reselect this team?
Players abilities have changed, since it was selected.
I'd like to see the US maximize its chances by having the best players currently. I don't want to hear some lame excuse about having to stay with the players selected 2 years ago after the US loses.
Honestly, I have no idea about the selection process, however, going with a line up that was decided 2 years ago and not updating due to changes in ability etc. seems silly.

I wonder if Danny Maltz is young enough for the U-21 team. He didn't tryout for the U-19 team.

I wonder if Danny Maltz is young enough for the U-21 team. He didn't tryout for the U-19 team.
Pretty sure he is too old by a couple of days. Born towards the end of August, 2000. The previous cutoff was September 1, 2000.

I don’t really pay attention to these games unless ‘Cuse guys are playing. Obviously the only guy who would qualify will suit up for Canada. It seems like the coach, Nick Myers used this team to select a bunch of his own players, which is a bad look. Kind of hard to take the team seriously to be honest. Maybe in the future they don’t let college coaches select the team? Seems like a conflict of interest.

If we were re-picking the team, I don’t know all the players off the top of my head but Georgetown has a freshman putting up really good numbers, Duke somehow has two first years besides ONeil contributing in O’Conner and Danenza. I think Grimes from Hopkins has been struggling. I’d start there.

Most of the guys on the team are 2019 players. The only 2020 players are O'Neill, Naso, Herbert, Grimes, and Jackson Bonitz. But with a couple more years of development perhaps the gap would close and that would change some.

Shane Knobloch for Rutgers has probably been the top freshman in the Big Ten with 18 points as a midfielder. Malever has had a nice contribution for the Terps with 3 goals and 6 assists on the 2nd midfield.

Too bad about Maltz, as he has developed into an outstanding right-handed finisher.

FV8c0cbUEAI_R1r

They really should have gone back and totally reselected this team. They replaced some guys who weren't getting it done at the d1 level, but they don't have the best players they could have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom