2022 Men’s U21 Championship: Aug 10-20 in Ireland | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Men’s U21 Championship: Aug 10-20 in Ireland

They really should have gone back and totally reselected this team. They replaced some guys who weren't getting it done at the d1 level, but they don't have the best players they could have.
Midfield especially

Here is a list of the games and their times.
Only listing possible games Cuse Players will be in.

Pool A
USA
Canada
Haudenosaunee
England
Australia

Pool B
Puerto Rico

8/10 USA vs Canada espn+ 7am
8/10 Haudenosaunee vs England LSN 8am
8/11 Puerto Rico vs Israel LSN 8am
8/11 USA vs England espn+ 11am
8/11 Canada vs Australia espn+ 2pm
8/12 Puerto Rico vs Czech Rep LSN 1pm
8/13 USA vs Haudenosaunee espn+ 2pm
8/14 Hauden vs Australia espn+ 11am
8/14 England vs Canada espn+ 2pm
8/15 Puerto Rico vs Japan LSN 10am
8/15 USA vs Australia espn + 11am
8/15 Canada vs Haudenosaunee espn+ 2pm
8/16 Play in Round ( A1-A4 get byes)
B1 vs C3 espn+ 5am
C1 vs B3 espn+ 8am
A5 vs B4/C4 espn+ 11am
B2 vs C2 espn+ 2pm
8/17 Quarterfinals
A3 vs B1/C3 winner espn+ 5am
A2 vs C1/B3 winner espn+ 8am
A4 vs A5/B4-C4 winner espn+ 11am
A1 vs B2/C2 winner espn + 2 pm
8/18 Semifinal
A3/B1-C3 vs A2/ C1-B3 winners
espn+ 11am
A4/A5-B4•C4 vs A1/B2-C2 winners
espnu 2 pm
Consolation games
A3/B1-C3 Loser vs A5/B4-C4 Loser
LSN 7am
A2/C1-B3 Loser vs B2/C2 Loser
LSN 10am
A4/B1-C3 Loser vs B1/C3 Loser
LSN 12 pm
A1/B2-C2 Loser vs C1/B3 Loser
LSN 1pm
8/20 Finals
Bronze Metal Game espn+ 11am
Gold Metal Game espnu 2pm

Last edited:
Here is a list of the games and their times.
Only listing possible games Cuse Players will be in.
So this isn't sixes right? Just confirming since it's hard to keep track these days

This article says Kirst is a natural attackman, but will be suiting up as a midfielder for team USA. -

Cole Kirst is the elder statesman of the team. The Lehigh graduate is transferring to Syracuse for his fifth year of eligibility. “He’s great below the goal,” Myers said, intimating he could be a go-to option on inverts. “Very physical with his dodge. Very two-handed.”

They really should have gone back and totally reselected this team. They replaced some guys who weren't getting it done at the d1 level, but they don't have the best players they could have.
you probably can make a really good team to compete against them. who are some of tge most obvious? juniors and below (young seniors, too, if birthdates were known).
wierman
kastner
hess
zappitello
mcadorey?

i don't know ivy personnel well enough, or a lot of the mid-majors.

Here is the original U-19 tryout list:

I think you could make a pretty good argument for Zappitello, Murphy, and Malever being better than some guys on the team.
Dylan Pallonetti has had a couple of nice seasons with Stony Brook.

As you note, you could also have a guy generally a year behind the tryouts like Mcadorey, also.

Dylan Palloneti is very good. If he can lead his team to the NCAA tournament next season he will finally get the recognition he deserves. That kid is legit.

Dane Swanson had a good year for Navy if I remember correctly.

However, I would not re-choose the team. Didn’t they already kind of spruce it up a bit? I thought I remember them adding a couple new guys.

Also, Myers always talks about the guys he picks having certain traits that he wants on his team. As long as those traits are still there…

Dane Swanson had a good year for Navy if I remember correctly.

However, I would not re-choose the team. Didn’t they already kind of spruce it up a bit? I thought I remember them adding a couple new guys.

Also, Myers always talks about the guys he picks having certain traits that he wants on his team. As long as those traits are still there…
There is an article about him inviting some others last fall.
It looks like BJ Burlace, Conor Calderone, Grant and Connor Mitchell, Cole Herbert and Peter Lehman got dropped.

I imagine as long as the US wins things will be fine.

Nice to dust off the cobwebs getting ready for work and watch owen hiltz play field lax. Just had an apple recently and its 3-3 in the third quarter. Playing attack on the left wing as you may have guessed.

USA 7, Canada 5

FZzWQ_SXkAAhKP0

Last edited:
Nice to dust off the cobwebs getting ready for work and watch owen hiltz play field lax. Just had an apple recently and its 3-3 in the third quarter. Playing attack on the left wing as you may have guessed.
Hiltz had a lot of nice passes!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom