2022 MLB Season | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2022 MLB Season

Ryu and Strasburgh have both made the DL again this season. They should be free spaces on your MLB bingo card.

First big losing stretch for the Yanks and fans will start clamoring for his return to the Bronx.

TB Rays $35 million complex getting vetoed because of politics?

Terrible look for Florida.

Hope they move to Montreal. That franchise has been a marvel in how it’s run, and deserves better support in all aspects than it’s getting.

If Montreal were to get the stadium right - with division rivalries against Toronto and the Yankees? Plus Boston? I think they’d do well in terms of fan support.

TB Rays $35 million complex getting vetoed because of politics?

Terrible look for Florida.

Hope they move to Montreal. That franchise has been a marvel in how it’s run, and deserves better support in all aspects than it’s getting.

If Montreal were to get the stadium right - with division rivalries against Toronto and the Yankees? Plus Boston? I think they’d do well in terms of fan support.

I've always been in favor of geographical realignment of all the major sports. Each league should have 32 teams and four 8 team divisions. In baseball you'd play the seven other teams in your division 14 times: two 4 game and two three game series. Your division would be paired with one of the other three divisions on a rotating annual basis. You'd play the 8 teams in the paired division 8 teams each, two four game series. that's you 162 games. Imagine an eastern division of MLB consisting of Toronto, Montreal, Boston, the Yankees, the Mets, the Phillies, the Orioles and the Nationals, each playing each other 14 times! I'd go with the pennant races and just have the champs of the paired divisions meet in the semi-finals with the winners to meet in the World Series but you could also invite the four non-pennant winners with the best W-L records if you want expanded playoffs. The All-Star game could be a three day event: a skills competition, including a home run derby, the stars from the paired divisions in a double header and then the championship all-star game with a day off before and after.

I've always been in favor of geographical realignment of all the major sports. Each league should have 32 teams and four 8 team divisions. In baseball you'd play the seven other teams in your division 14 times: two 4 game and two three game series. Your division would be paired with one of the other three divisions on a rotating annual basis. You'd play the 8 teams in the paired division 8 teams each, two four game series. that's you 162 games. Imagine an eastern division of MLB consisting of Toronto, Montreal, Boston, the Yankees, the Mets, the Phillies, the Orioles and the Nationals, each playing each other 14 times! I'd go with the pennant races and just have the champs of the paired divisions meet in the semi-finals with the winners to meet in the World Series but you could also invite the four non-pennant winners with the best W-L records if you want expanded playoffs. The All-Star game could be a three day event: a skills competition, including a home run derby, the stars from the paired divisions in a double header and then the championship all-star game with a day off before and after.
Sounds good in theory but zero chance MLB ever cuts down the number of playoff teams. Much better chance they go the NBA and NHL route and expand to 16 than a reduction of teams.

Sounds good in theory but zero chance MLB ever cuts down the number of playoff teams. Much better chance they go the NBA and NHL route and expand to 16 than a reduction of teams.
Probably right. Personally I like 8 playoff teams - 4 in each league. I thought that was the sweet spot.

No pennant races. Cold weather World Series. Anyone who gets in and gets hot can win, (good but also bad if you want a champion who seems like one after a 162-game regular season. Baseball survived two world wars, a depression and its own version of apartheid with two 8 team leagues and a warm weather World Series. We don't need to invite mediocre champions of small divisions and also rans to the party to survive. August and September used to belong to this sport and expanded playoffs have ceded those months to football.

No pennant races. Cold weather World Series. Anyone who gets in and gets hot can win, (good but also bad if you want a champion who seems like one after a 162-game regular season. Baseball survived two world wars, a depression and its own version of apartheid with two 8 team leagues and a warm weather World Series. We don't need to invite mediocre champions of small divisions and also rans to the party to survive. August and September used to belong to this sport and expanded playoffs have ceded those months to football.
I don’t disagree with you, but money talks. The advertising game is much more lucrative than during the two world wars. MLB will gladly take the extra revenue.

I don’t disagree with you, but money talks. The advertising game is much more lucrative than during the two world wars. MLB will gladly take the extra revenue.

I think what creates the most interest, creates the most money. The advertisers see playoff games as being more lucrative than regular season games, even if pennant races would make the regular season games more interesting. MLB needs to look at the popularity of their sport, not just the advertising revenue.

I saw where it’s the first time the two LA and two NY teams have all been in first place at the same time.

Would be great if the ALCS was Yankees-Angels and the NLCS was Dodgers-Mets with both a Freeway Series and a Subway Series being a possibility.

I saw where it’s the first time the two LA and two NY teams have all been in first place at the same time.

Would be great if the ALCS was Yankees-Angels and the NLCS was Dodgers-Mets with both a Freeway Series and a Subway Series being a possibility.
The Angels are sinking like a stone.

It would be even cooler if the Chicago teams were too. Unfortunately, the Bay Area teams could not be in first place at the same time as the LA teams.

How do you get a baseball to move like a whiffle ball at 97 mph? Jeez.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom