2022 NFL Thread | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

2022 NFL Thread

Real objective opinion lol. As much as Dak has been passing gifts and Philly looks clearly top shelf if we are going to look at individual games- they beat the Colts by a point and didn't exactly look great vs the Texans either.

Dak is the weak link and back to old tendencies... that's the reality when it comes to both of those games.

Philly fans are just as bad as Dallas fans when it comes to intolerable arrogance around their team.

As my son would say, Dak is mid. He doesn't suck but he isn't great either. He is Kirk Cousins with a star on his helmet.

Odd how it is only Dallas with these concerns. Eagles almost lost to those same colts then did lose to Washington but it is only Dallas with issues, lol.
Odd how you choose to ignore the tremendous effort today by the cowboys

Odd how you choose to ignore the tremendous effort today by the cowboys

Oh it was awful. Doesn't negate the season they have put together to date. They are just as much in the mix as anyone.

Tua not having one of his more accurate games

Oh it was awful. Doesn't negate the season they have put together to date. They are just as much in the mix as anyone.
Eagles are in a different class than anyone in the NFC .

What a resurgence by the NFC East. It seems like for much of the past decade the division champ would be like 8-8 or 9-7. As of today the entire division is making the playoffs.

Miami took like two snaps inside the LA 40 vs a defense that didn't have any of their good players? Yeesh. Tough one. Shoulda been a 30pt rout; incredible the Chargers almost found a way to blow it.

Miami took like two snaps inside the LA 40 vs a defense that didn't have any of their good players? Yeesh. Tough one. Shoulda been a 30pt rout; incredible the Chargers almost found a way to blow it.
I was thinking the same thing. Chargers fans had to be happy to win but also say why is this a nail biter?

It’s only two games, but Deshaun Watson looks pretty bad. Will be hilarious and very Cleveland like if Mayfield outplays him down the stretch.

It’s only two games, but Deshaun Watson looks pretty bad. Will be hilarious and very Cleveland like if Mayfield outplays him down the stretch.
Not surprising after 2yrs off. So many interesting things about them next year:
What will their odds look like (lots of talent there still), how many primetime games do they get, what kind of treatment do they get from the refs. There's a Michael Scott level of awkward entertainment listening to league broadcast partners trying to not talk about a sex predator.

Went to the game last night, was close to field. Live...I was SUPER unimpressed with Tua. I don't see it.

He's so small behind the line and without the elusiveness of Wilson in his prime. He's shifty, but not fast at all. Inaccurate all night. Would get focused on Hill repeatedly.

maybe was just a bad game?

Went to the game last night, was close to field. Live...I was SUPER unimpressed with Tua. I don't see it.

He's so small behind the line and without the elusiveness of Wilson in his prime. He's shifty, but not fast at all. Inaccurate all night. Would get focused on Hill repeatedly.

maybe was just a bad game?
NFL is weird. Tua has been, for the most part, very good this year. Never has had the arm, but the accuracy has been good. Last night was just one of those games. Stranger considering the injuries LAC had.

NFL is weird. Tua has been, for the most part, very good this year. Never has had the arm, but the accuracy has been good. Last night was just one of those games. Stranger considering the injuries LAC had.

I know that he doesn't have a big arm, but man it looked totally shot last night. Accuracy issues and any ball that needed to travel over 25 yards in the air just looked completely lofted.

Defenses have adjusted to the Dolphins scheme the past couple weeks and are flooding the middle of the field at 15-20 yards which is their bread and butter. They are betting that Tua can't throw outside. So far it has worked.

Sean Payton can't be too happy that the Chargers are in the drivers seat for the Playoffs right now.

Defenses have adjusted to the Dolphins scheme the past couple weeks and are flooding the middle of the field at 15-20 yards which is their bread and butter. They are betting that Tua can't throw outside. So far it has worked.

Sean Payton can't be too happy that the Chargers are in the drivers seat for the Playoffs right now.
It always baffles me that it takes professionals weeks to figure things out that dude siting on couch could have told them a long time ago

Yep...and Chargers stopped the run early as well...and Wilson got hurt.

wow , patriots have been granted gift after gift this game. Hopkins with 1 of the worst fumbles I can remember. Looked like he was on the take

NFL games are more often lost than won. You have 3rd and 1 in FG range with about 40 seconds left and New England isn’t interested in stopping the clock . Not only do you not convert a 1st. You don’t get a fg attempt. And the freaking Patriots Somehow get a fg before the end of the half ? Do you know how incompetent you must be to pull that one off ? It’s a potential 10 pt swing

NFL games are more often lost than won. You have 3rd and 1 in FG range with about 40 seconds left and New England isn’t interested in stopping the clock . Not only do you not convert a 1st. You don’t get a fg attempt. And the freaking Patriots Somehow get a fg before the end of the half ? Do you know how incompetent you must be to pull that one off ? It’s a potential 10 pt swing
I was surprised the normally conservative Mannings were saying go for it too. What is the goal, picking up a 1st down so you can kick a slightly shorter FG? I figured the kicker was hurt or something.

I was surprised the normally conservative Mannings were saying go for it too. What is the goal, picking up a 1st down so you can kick a slightly shorter FG? I figured the kicker was hurt or something.
Also, either call the time out right away (as in we’re going for the TD) or let it run all the way down (then call it to end the half on your fg attempt) what you can’t do is middle it and give your team not enough time to score a TD but give your opponent just enough time for a fg. These are things that the so called “analytics experts” should know more than anyone, yet kingsberry and San Diego boy get wrong all the time.

I don’t wanna hear it. Purdy this. Purdy that. He’s literally throwing to receivers who are open by 20 yards.

This is such bs. You’d think the military would like the publicity of one of its service academy student athletes graduating to a pro sports league. That type of advertising is far more alluring than the ads they buy time for during the games. This sounds like an add in clause some pencil neck politician threw in there at the last minute because they’re jealous their kid wasn’t a prospect but their neighbors kid is

This is such bs. You’d think the military would like the publicity of one of its service academy student athletes graduating to a pro sports league. That type of advertising is far more alluring than the ads they buy time for during the games. This sounds like an add in clause some pencil neck politician threw in there at the last minute because they’re jealous their kid wasn’t a prospect but their neighbors kid is
This particular player would be spared by a waiver right? This would be more for future players?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom