Best Picture - CODA
Best Director - Jane Campion
Best Actor - Will Smith
Best Actress - Jessica Chastain
Best Supporting Actor - Troy Kotsur
Best Supporting Actress - Ariana DeBose
Best Original Screenplay - Belfast
Best Adapted Screenplay - CODA

Best Cinematography, Editing, Production Design, Sound, Visual Effects, Original Score - Dune
Best Costume Design - Cruella
Best Makeup - The Eyes of Tammy Faye

Best International Feature - Drive My Car
Best Animated Feature - Encanto
Best Documentary Feature - Summer of Soul
Best Animated Short - Robin Robin
Best Documentary Short - Audible
Best Live Action Short - Please Hold
Best Song - No Time to Die
Time machine?

The Twitter thinkpieces on what this incident means for society in general, are just insufferable right now.

And I hate the way the algorithm on there works and keeps putting these annoying windbags’ tweets in my timeline, even though I don’t follow them.

Jada has alopecia, which is a chronic disease that causes permanent hair loss.

It is not something to be joked about unless those being targeted are clued in in advance, and are cool with it.

Some people prefer to keep it private. Others, like the great musician Molly Tuttle, who has performed in my town, become spokespersons for understanding the disease.

It is not something to be joked about unless those being targeted are clued in in advance, and are cool with it.

Some people prefer to keep it private. Others, like the great musician Molly Tuttle, who has performed in my town, become spokespersons for understanding the disease.
She wasn't happy about it based on her response. Why someone thought it was ok to talk about someone's illness or someone's wife (or mom, etc) is beyond reproach but these people live an open life that are frequently on display on shows like Entertainment Tonight, etc. so who knows what the rules are. I'm not one to judge anyone, but throwing punches like that is somewhat over the top. There were definitely other ways to handle it.

She wasn't happy about it based on her response. Why someone thought it was ok to talk about someone's illness or someone's wife (or mom, etc) is beyond reproach but these people live an open life that are frequently on display on shows like Entertainment Tonight, etc. so who knows what the rules are. I'm not one to judge anyone, but throwing punches like that is somewhat over the top. There were definitely other ways to handle it.
Exactly how I feel.

She has talked about it publicly and on her podcast.

Has she said whether she enjoys having jokes made at her expense about it?
No but I guess she's joked about it in social media. Probably wasn't ready for others to joke about her in public.

I haven't heard if Chris Rock knew.

Interestingly, I understand he made or was in a documentary about alopecia.

She has talked about it publicly and on her podcast.
I have no idea. I was just responding to the line in your post saying "Some people prefer to keep it private".

it almost looked like Smith was challenging him to a duel. Insert pistol joke here.

Yes he was laughing right after Rock delivered the joke.
Ridiculous. I'm going to go with the theory that he was laughing until he saw how pissed Jada was. I seriously doubt he would do this to upstage and have nobody talk about the biggest achievement of his career when he won Best Actor.

Ridiculous. I'm going to go with the theory that he was laughing until he saw how pissed Jada was. I seriously doubt he would do this to upstage and have nobody talk about the biggest achievement of his career when he won Best Actor.
Exactly his initial reaction was to laugh. It just doesn't loom right. Everything about it screams stunt. Will trained to box when he played Ali. If he really wanted to him.he could have.

1648512265940.png

Honestly I think it's insane people think this is staged. What does Will Smith gain from agreeing to such a thing? So much embarrassment. And the fact we even have to have this debate is a bit alarming for society in general to be honest. Literally everything is questioned.

Honestly I think it's insane people think this is staged. What does Will Smith gain from agreeing to such a thing? So much embarrassment. And the fact we even have to have this debate is a bit alarming for society in general to be honest. Literally everything is questioned.
Great comedy bit though, right?

:rolleyes: