2022 Portal | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Portal

Yes, I am. Because that’s the offense JB runs. A new offense and man to man in the same year?

Watch out for those flying pigs.

We’ve also run iso, motion, pick n roll, dribble drive, read n react etc in varying amounts during different seasons depending on personnel and ability to execute. In 2016 on the run to the final 4, JB used what they called the Orange 23 offense. (Link below for on an analysis for it) SU hasn’t been a one trick pony on offense in addition to what Bees noted about our varying dependence on 3 point shooting over the past few decades.

I expect this year's offense to run through Edwards, especially if he has continued the improvement he showed last season. If his scoring improves to the extent it needs to, he will get additional attention, including double teams. And he has shown the ability, in limited opportunities, to hit the open cutter (mostly Swider). The cutter would be a role Benny might aspire to.
Jessie has proved he can catch and score, but he has not shown much of a back to the basket game.

Yes, I am. Because that’s the offense JB runs. A new offense and man to man in the same year?

Watch out for those flying pigs.
The year of the Chukwu/Howard stand out beyond the three point circle doing nothing offense looked nothing like the Buddy isolation offense which looked nothing like the Rautins/Cooney running miles and miles off screens motion offense which looked nothing like the Christmas every possession post up offense which will look nothing like this upcoming year's offense.

Sure, it's still five on five basketball, but other than that, so the basic skills/strategies of the game is the same. But, we play different offenses every year depending on our skills or lack thereof.

The year of the Chukwu/Howard stand out beyond the three point circle doing nothing offense looked nothing like the Buddy isolation offense which looked nothing like the Rautins/Cooney running miles and miles off screens motion offense which looked nothing like the Christmas every possession post up offense which will look nothing like this upcoming year's offense.

Sure, it's still five on five basketball, but other than that, so the basic skills/strategies of the game is the same. But, we play different offenses every year depending on our skills or lack thereof.
We’re talking about rautins and rak teams? Good lord. Fine, JB is a master of crafting offenses that meld perfectly with the best skills of his players.

I expect this year's offense to run through Edwards, especially if he has continued the improvement he showed last season. If his scoring improves to the extent it needs to, he will get additional attention, including double teams. And he has shown the ability, in limited opportunities, to hit the open cutter (mostly Swider). The cutter would be a role Benny might aspire to.
I don’t see how it doesn’t run through Mintz and Girard.

We’re talking about rautins and rak teams? Good lord. Fine, JB is a master of crafting offenses that meld perfectly with the best skills of his players.
My point was a direct refutation of your incorrect statement. I didn't bring up the ineffectiveness of some of the referenced offensive styles... Merely that you are incorrect to say JB always has the same offense.

You should Acknowledge your Incorrectness and move on. Instead you come up with other silliness.

My point was a direct refutation of your incorrect statement. I didn't bring up the ineffectiveness of some of the referenced offensive styles... Merely that you are incorrect to say JB always has the same offense.

You should Acknowledge your Incorrectness and move on. Instead you come up with other silliness.
I’m talking recent history. You talked about chukwu and Howard teams like those were the 2 main options. They weren’t. JB ran everything through the wings and 2 guards. Just like the last 4 years. And just like next year. Then you talked about Rak. Yes, for one year, he finally used Rak like he should have and fed him the ball. No, I don’t believe we see Jesse reprising that role this year. Would be nice, but college hoops really doesn’t do that anymore in fairness to both Jesse and JB.

I forget that some of you guys tend to see JB for the entirety of his career which is fine. But try to have some recency in your discussion.

Still think UVA will finish on top of the ACC at season's end (mostly because Bennet > hubert), but unc will be a close 2nd

As much as a great 5 star freshmen would be a great get, this is where I hope AW’s NIL would go to….the transfer portal…experienced upperclassmen
I like how u are thinking

As much as a great 5 star freshmen would be a great get, this is where I hope AW’s NIL would go to….the transfer portal…experienced upperclassmen
Normally I would agree the transfer portal is the key to building a team these days, but for the type of player Adam wants -- players like Zion Williamson -- I personally think we'd be better served getting them straight from HS. It's hard to find a player as good as Zion Williamson in the portal. Those players are one-and-done, and if they do stay a second year, they are unlikely to transfer. Also, a Top 5 recruit is much more likely to become an NBA superstar than a veteran portal guy, which increases Cuse's appeal going forward.

Normally I would agree the transfer portal is the key to building a team these days, but for the type of player Adam wants -- players like Zion Williamson -- I personally think we'd be better served getting them straight from HS. It's hard to find a player as good as Zion Williamson in the portal. Those players are one-and-done, and if they do stay a second year, they are unlikely to transfer. Also, a Top 5 recruit is much more likely to become an NBA superstar than a veteran portal guy, which increases Cuse's appeal going forward.
A million wouldnt get Zion to our school though. That high of caliber player, the shoe companies are involved where there's millions of dollars in a "future" contract is in place

A million wouldnt get Zion to our school though. That high of caliber player, the shoe companies are involved where there's millions of dollars in a "future" contract is in place
Agreed. But that's who he's pursuing and some other dominoes will likely have to fall to get the best of the best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom