2022 Portal | Page 48 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Portal

If JB mentions one time that our freshmen are just not ready, he better be called out by the local media. I know this board will.

He's putting undo pressure on these Kids for no reason. He is going to get slaughtered if these kids aren't contributing right away.
I'm sure he's quaking in his boots.

We all know how much he cares what internet boards and newspapers say about him.

I have confidence in JB. If he passes on someone it is for a good reason. Certainly debatable on our board but I think he knows better than anyone what he's got.

I have confidence in JB. If he passes on someone it is for a good reason. Certainly debatable on our board but I think he knows better than anyone what he's got.
I always used to feel this way. We’ve had a few complete lemons come into starting roles right away and flop, in the last decade though.

I didn’t like our forward situation last year either.

I don’t know….just seems like having one solid, veteran forward would be a good idea. Still plenty of playing time for at least two unproven guys. Maybe 3. Could always, you know, play 4 guys 15-28 mpg each in the event that you don’t have a star player at the position.

Mayer would make us FF contenders, IMO. Slim chance we have any shot even if we did go after him though, unfortunately. Nearly every school in the land would take him.

Mayer would make us FF contenders, IMO. Slim chance we have any shot even if we did go after him though, unfortunately. Nearly every school in the land would take him.

He also would be a great example for Bunch to model his game after and learn from for a year ready to be a big contributor in year 2.

I see in Matthew Mayer a guy who shoots too much to score so little, doesn't block shots, doesn't pass very well and is a sub par rebounder for a 6'9" forward.

As a 5th year player, he would bring a known quantity, but with little to no upside and whose known quantifiable results are mediocre. It's a good bet that one of our guys can shoot 30% or better from 3 in conference play.

I'd rather see if Williams, Taylor and Bunch can bring excellence than retread a guy who we know won't bring us to the next level.

I see in Matthew Mayer a guy who shoots too much to score so little, doesn't block shots, doesn't pass very well and is a sub par rebounder for a 6'9" forward.

As a 5th year player, he would bring a known quantity, but with little to no upside and whose known quantifiable results are mediocre. It's a good bet that one of our guys can shoot 30% or better from 3 in conference play.

I'd rather see if Williams, Taylor and Bunch can bring excellence than retread a guy who we know won't bring us to the next level.

He won't be coming here so it's all just talk but his per 40 last year was 17.7 ppg, 9 rpg and 2 Apg.

Last year he didn't shoot it quite as well as his Jr year where he was at nearly 40 from 3 and 48 overall. Another guy who generally does best as a third or 4th option which he would be but just with starting minutes.

Also per Kenpom the last three years Baylor has been 4th, 22nd and 14th in adjd.

We're done with our roster, right? Barring something unforeseen, we're locked, ya?
Yup. That’s what JB said at his annual fundraising ball at the end of April. I guess there’s always a chance we can get Tafara Gapare to reclass to us, but I’m not counting on it.

Yup. That’s what JB said at his annual fundraising ball at the end of April. I guess there’s always a chance we can get Tafara Gapare to reclass to us, but I’m not counting on it.

Ya, I'm not trying to tee up some snarky response for this, either. I just thought we were done. JB was good to go. And now it's about getting better and staying healthy before we tip next season.

Wahab you done for me lately?
eye-rolling.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom