2022 Portal | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Portal

Wow, look at that. An old septuagenarian coach who actually adapts to the times and uses the portal to his advantage. Larranaga is killing it in the portal once again. Pack is rated as the #1 transfer on a number of sites. I guess we can expect to finish behind Miami as well next season. Meanwhile, JB is happy standing pat.
JB may not use the portal or he is waiting until after May 1st to limit other players entering the portal. Time will tell.

meh, depends on the context. Out of 353 D1 basketball schools and their players? The vast majority of players aren't getting anything.

Of the top-30 teams and their 3-5 starters? I'd wager that most are getting something sizeable.
Yeah. G league pays nothing and anything is sizable to college kids.

I think college hoops fans and folks on here underestimate how much it sucks to be a really good NCAA player but not be projected to go in the lottery and therefore be unlikely to make the NBA.

Finally the tables are turning in their favor.

A younger JB goes all in on NIL. Unfortunately he’s in a different place now wanting to build the team around his kids last year and develop our most disappointing recruit next year. We need a change after this season and to get with the times.

Yeah. G league pays nothing and anything is sizable to college kids.

I think college hoops fans and folks on here underestimate how much it sucks to be a really good NCAA player but not be projected to go in the lottery and therefore be unlikely to make the NBA.

Finally the tables are turning in their favor.

A younger JB goes all in on NIL. Unfortunately he’s in a different place now wanting to build the team around his kids last year and develop our most disappointing recruit next year. We need a change after this season and to get with the times.
Sure. Stubborn JAB will want to prove everyone wrong if and when Benny becomes a star. Hopefully he is right.

Well one bit of good news I guess is we can all chill till summer workout news starts leaking out. JB making it clear nobody from the portal is coming in it seems.

Well one bit of good news I guess is we can all chill till summer workout news starts leaking out. JB making it clear nobody from the portal is coming in it seems.
How did he make it clear? I have seen/read nothing about this, those I do not doubt it is true. Jessie gets hurt again and I think JB has his second and last losing season. Probably his last regardless.

7B3CDE95-AAB4-4817-BA6A-92AC56B5FB10.jpeg

I can’t believe JB won’t even sniff the 1500+ names for a backup C outside of Ballard.

View attachment 216961

I can’t believe JB won’t even sniff the 1500+ names for a backup C outside of Ballard.

This to me was always why not getting Cole back would be hard to overcome but now we have added lack of depth at the 5 unless Brown or Carey is able to help. If the MO is to give the youngsters a real shot I get it but we tried once to replace Frank and failed. Now we aren't even doing anything there because the local kid didn't work out?

It just doesn't make any sense. Adding on to that, 11 scholarship guys does get us 5v5 in practice with JBA 11. Is Carey healthy enough yet? Could we again be running practices without 5 scholarship guys vs 5 scholarship guys this year with one more injury? The practice aspects loom as well in terms of quality and depth.

This to me was always why not getting Cole back would be hard to overcome but now we have added lack of depth at the 5 unless Brown or Carey is able to help. If the MO is to give the youngsters a real shot I get it but we tried once to replace Frank and failed. Now we aren't even doing anything there because the local kid didn't work out?

It just doesn't make any sense. Adding on to that, 11 scholarship guys does get us 5v5 in practice with JBA 11. Is Carey healthy enough yet? Could we again be running practices without 5 scholarship guys vs 5 scholarship guys this year with one more injury? The practice aspects loom as well in terms of quality and depth.
None of it makes sense, except the old man is as stubborn as anyone.

Sure, we'll probably win some games. But it'll be another double-digit loss season and, at best, a bubble-type team.

How did he make it clear? I have seen/read nothing about this, those I do not doubt it is true. Jessie gets hurt again and I think JB has his second and last losing season. Probably his last regardless.

Tell me the comment ( posted right after yours thanks pwong) isn't clear.

Anyone who thinks JB is leaving anytime soon, has a long wait.

Wouldn't mind us making a play here.
A. He just was accused of s e x ual assault and hasn't played in 2 years.
B. JB said publicly that we are done adding players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom