2022 Portal | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Portal

Go get em! Play two bigs like Roy era UNC if you have to.
yeah, defensively, both are athletic enough to play their part of the zone. Offensively, figure it out. Maybe our coaches could actually coach the guys and teach them spacing and how to make an offense with 2 bigs work.

w_t_f is going on in bonnieland?
Heard from an alum that all three (Lofton, Osunniyi, Welch) were expected back.

My bet is NIL situations have been communicated to them and they now know what the market is for someone of their level at a P5 program.

Tough situation for SBU. I know they were expecting the majority of those guys back.

Doubt he’ll want to come here to be a backup. Only 1 year left so that’s good. Good shot blocker. But doesn’t seem to be a 4 at all and if he and Jessie played together that means Bennie slides to the 3. We’d have no shooting at all. Don’t see this working. Probably has an nil deal in place and is the reason he’s leaving last minute. .

My bet is NIL situations have been communicated to them and they now know what the market is for someone of their level at a P5 program.

Tough situation for SBU. I know they were expecting the majority of those guys back.
It stinks for them. I hate the Portal.

Can't blame them, gave SBU 4 great years and a tourney appearance. Probably want to experience the high-major world their talent deserves for a year. Put in their time with the Bonnies and now earned this.

Doubt he’ll want to come here to be a backup. Only 1 year left so that’s good. Good shot blocker. But doesn’t seem to be a 4 at all and if he and Jessie played together that means Bennie slides to the 3. We’d have no shooting at all. Don’t see this working. Probably has an nil deal in place and is the reason he’s leaving last minute. .

Yeah I was sharing more since this is a massive blow to SBU losing both these guys.

Very reasonable ask by those guys:
  • Guaranteed starting spots at PG and center
  • 35+ minutes
  • package deal
  • playing for a National Championship contending team - not sure many of those title contenders currently have openings at PG and center
They will end up in an upgraded conference with a team that has been gutted (LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, Gtown, etc). Probably easier to contend for a title staying at St. Bonnie and forcing the school to recruit over existing players via portal adds.

Cuse!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom