Women's Lacrosse - 2022 Recruiting | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse 2022 Recruiting

IMG_2924.jpeg

Daniella Guyette, Newbury Park (Calif.), G, Sr.

Guyette allowed 7.3 goals against while posting a 53.4 save percentage and had 11 saves in the CIF Southern Section final loss in 2021. She is headed to Syracuse in the fall.

ArizonaAcacia Connor2022MNotre Dame Prep
California Los AngelesDaniella Guyette2022GNewbury Park
DelawareSuperia Clark2022MDover
New York Section 3 & 4Gracie Britton2022AChristian Brothers Academy

I only just started watching-- but not looking so hot for Guyette in cage in this second half. And suddenly i'm even more worried for next year...
She played better at the end and had a really good 1st half.. I wouldn’t expect a freshman goalie to start.. but I definitely think she’s got a good game

Looks like Connor is is a nice little feeder and Wooters is a dodger.. she went out early with what looked be a twisted ankle. Had a good look in the second half

I only just started watching-- but not looking so hot for Guyette in cage in this second half. And suddenly i'm even more worried for next year...
I don’t take a lot away from defenders and goalies in all-star games. And don’t expect any additional goalies on the roster for next year, especially Madison Ducette. I would assume no transfers this summer has to do with lack of scholarship money available with 3 covid 5th years coming back. Their unexpected scholarships have to be budgeted for while keeping under the 12 limit.

I don’t take a lot away from defenders and goalies in all-star games. And don’t expect any additional goalies on the roster for next year, especially Madison Ducette. I would assume no transfers this summer has to do with lack of scholarship money available with 3 covid 5th years coming back. Their unexpected scholarships have to be budgeted for while keeping under the 12 limit.
Thats extremely unfortunate. We will be a Top 10 team but NC,BC, Maryland, NW, Florida will be better than us. I just think our Goalie play is atrocious, and one side of our D specifically struggled mightly. We also have to hope Wards foot fully heals, Younger Tyrells knee heals better than Carneys and That Carney regains that speed she had prior to her injury.

Other than Florida, the other teams lost major, like generational, offensive talent. So they may be better than Syracuse, it’s tough to say all five absolutely will be better. And yes, last years Syracuse defense with four of five new starters was not up to standard, they have potential to improve. As much as everyone wants the transfer portal to be like fantasy football, you can’t just add and drop unlimited players without consequences.

Other than Florida, the other teams lost major, like generational, offensive talent. So they may be better than Syracuse, it’s tough to say all five absolutely will be better. And yes, last years Syracuse defense with four of five new starters was not up to standard, they have potential to improve. As much as everyone wants the transfer portal to be like fantasy football, you can’t just add and drop unlimited players without consequences.
Agreed, BC, UNC in particular will not be better. They could still be solid but no guarantee. They lost a lot of experience and talent.

North - Daniella Guyette | G | 2022 | Newbury Park, Calif. | Syracuse

South - Acacia Connor | M | 2022 | Notre Dame Prep, Ariz. | Syracuse