2022 Red Sox Thread | Syracusefan.com

2022 Red Sox Thread

UpstateSM

LeQuint Allen/Justin Taylor Flag-Planter
I’ve heard the legends of the Boston Red Sox getting their own thread in years past. I wasn’t around for these times but I feel the need to bring them back.

I’ve always liked Story but this probably means that Xander walks after this season and that makes me sad. Favorite player since Papi.

I’ve heard the legends of the Boston Red Sox getting their own thread in years past. I wasn’t around for these times but I feel the need to bring them back.

I’ve always liked Story but this probably means that Xander walks after this season and that makes me sad. Favorite player since Papi.
That is a nice middle-infield!

His numbers away from Colorado were pedestrian. He will lengthen the lineup though.

His numbers away from Colorado were pedestrian. He will lengthen the lineup though.
Well, most guys numbers away from home aren't near as good as when they hit at home. And Fenway might just be perfect for this guy.

Not necessarily.

Well, most guys numbers away from home aren't near as good as when they hit at home. And Fenway might just be perfect for this guy.
Most of the time, I wouldn’t pay too much attention to it. With him coming from Colorado, it’s possible the Solis could be more important.

No doubt Story will help the lineup. He does strike out a lot though. For that reason he seemed like a natural fit for the NYY. :)

That was a brutal loss tonight. Story makes that routine play the game is over.

The trade that sent Hunter Renfrow to Milwaukee in return for JBJ Jr. was a head scratcher when it was announced and looks even dumber today. Have no idea what Red Sox brass was thinking about. JBJ is a nice defender that hits slightly better than a good hitting pitcher.

Send Bobby Dalbec to a southie little league team my godddddddd

Here are the Red Sox' combined-WAR leaders (pitchers and position players) from FanGraphs.

1653734031416.png

You are only half a game out of the wild card. Are any of you guys still watching?

You are only half a game out of the wild card. Are any of you guys still watching?
I will pay close attention all year if for no other reason than I have a very large Over 84.5 Win total that I hope to cash. The Sox have a reasonably potent line-up - lead the AL in scoring despite doing nothing offensively for a few weeks. Their starting pitching has been solid over the last 4-5 weeks and may turn out to be a decent rotation. But their bullpen is atrocious and their defense def mediocre in a few spots.

I think they have a better than 50-50 shot to make the playoffs. The AL Central and AL West wild card contenders are just ok and may struggle to get much above .500. I wouldn't be surprised if Boston caught either TB and/or Toronto by the end of the season. I don't see any one of the three running away from the pack.

I am very excited for the next month of games against the East

Classic example of why I haven't been watching the Sox nearly as much this year. They have a 1 run lead in the 9th but their closer is home in Boston because he won't get the vaccine. I said this last year when it nearly cost them getting in to the playoffs. I would trade any player that wouldn't get the vaccine. It puts your team at a competitive disadvantage. They don't want to get the vaccine, fine. But they can't play for my team. The Sox play Toronto at the end of the season in Toronto. Could play them in the post season. You just can't play with that kind of disadvantage.

Classic example of why I haven't been watching the Sox nearly as much this year. They have a 1 run lead in the 9th but their closer is home in Boston because he won't get the vaccine. I said this last year when it nearly cost them getting in to the playoffs. I would trade any player that wouldn't get the vaccine. It puts your team at a competitive disadvantage. They don't want to get the vaccine, fine. But they can't play for my team. The Sox play Toronto at the end of the season in Toronto. Could play them in the post season. You just can't play with that kind of disadvantage.
My least favorite expression in sports is, “if the playoffs started today.” Well, in this case, if they did, guess where the Sox would be playing? You guessed it, Toronto.

If the Boston Red Sox don't pay Rafael Devers I will be a Colorado Rockies fan

If the Boston Red Sox don't pay Rafael Devers I will be a Colorado Rockies fan
They will. Liverpool just paid their star. They have to know there would be a revolt if Betts, Bogie and Devers all walked. Betts didn't walk but they didn't pay him either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom