Brennan O’Neill, Duke – Soph., Attack
Erik Peters, Princeton – Sr., Goalie
John Piatelli, Cornell – Sr., Attack
Ross Scott, Rutgers – Jr., Attack
Connor Shellenberger, Virginia – Soph., Attack
Mike Sisselberger, Lehigh – Sr., Face Off
Luke Wierman, Maryland – Jr., Face Off
Logan Wisnauskas, Maryland – Fifth Year Senior, Attack

I probably would have put Jonathon Donville on the list as a midfielder.

I probably would have put Jonathon Donville on the list as a midfielder.
Agreed. This list always seems to have some head scratchers in terms of inclusions and exclusions.

No one really head and shoulders above the field - so I would think that Wisnauskas has the edge (best player on the best team).

Piatelli, Gray, O'Neill, and Shellenberger all had great years - I'm pulling for the senior Piatelli to make the final three.

I feel like I would give the award to Nichtern right now. Top five team and where in the world would Army be without him? You could say the same with UNC and Gray but Army is better. Plus I think he is a leading scorer in terms of PPG. He’s Army’s all time leading scorer and while it shouldn’t be part of the consideration, it going to a member of a service academy would be a great story.

Wisnauskis would be my second choice, best player on a good team who actually accounts for more points than people probably think.

Gray, Bowen Shellenberger probably round out my top five but there are lots of good candidates. Dordevic would be a deserving finalist if the Orange were play off bound. Maybe next year?

I feel like I would give the award to Nichtern right now. Top five team and where in the world would Army be without him? You could say the same with UNC and Gray but Army is better. Plus I think he is a leading scorer in terms of PPG. He’s Army’s all time leading scorer and while it shouldn’t be part of the consideration, it going to a member of a service academy would be a great story.

Wisnauskis would be my second choice, best player on a good team who actually accounts for more points than people probably think.

Gray, Bowen Shellenberger probably round out my top five but there are lots of good candidates. Dordevic would be a deserving finalist if the Orange were play off bound. Maybe next year?
If I was a betting man I would put money on Gray winning still, given how they treat these as coronations without thinking about the playoffs all that much. If he breaks lyles record for points and they don’t lose out he probably wins. If MD keeps this up and wins it all then i would hope they give it to Wisnauskas, but even then it could still be gray.

If I was a betting man I would put money on Gray winning still, given how they treat these as coronations without thinking about the playoffs all that much. If he breaks lyles record for points and they don’t lose out he probably wins. If MD keeps this up and wins it all then i would hope they give it to Wisnauskas, but even then it could still be gray.
No doubt Gray has been a great player and has tremendous stats and athleticism. Watching him struggle yesterday against a strong ND defense makes me wonder if he will get it. UNC's offense has sputtered recently with the notable exception of feasting on Cuse's terrible defense.

Wisnauskas has been very good but I certainly don't consider him to be as dominant a player as some recent winners like Bernhardt.

Gray, Wisnauskas, Nichtern, Shellenberger, and idk.

I think if UNC misses the playoffs, which in all likelihood they will, it will be hard to vote for Gray. I think it will be out of sight out of mind with voters while other players add to their resume.

Nice game for Logan Wisnauskas with 5 goals and 3 assists yesterday, getting him up to 70 points on the season in 12 games.

All those naysayers, who questioned whether Logan would do that well without Bernhardt there, might need to admit they were wrong as Logan only had 72 points last year.

No doubt Gray has been a great player and has tremendous stats and athleticism. Watching him struggle yesterday against a strong ND defense makes me wonder if he will get it. UNC's offense has sputtered recently with the notable exception of feasting on Cuse's terrible defense.

Wisnauskas has been very good but I certainly don't consider him to be as dominant a player as some recent winners like Bernhardt.
I watch way too many games on espn plus but its tells much more than any boxscore

Gray didn't struggle vs ND , he put seven good shots on goal . Goaltending from game to game skews and Entenman was simply on Thought a month ago it would come down to him or Shellenberger but seeing it differently. Doubt Gray gets into playoffs and that will hurt, Probably needs all time record to be in final three convo

Shellenberger will be in playoffs and will have the opportunity to put on a show again as he did last year agaisnt Gtwon and Maryland. Yesterday he was locked up by Kennedy on every attempted move , sensing its not his year or Virginia's despite their easy win. Clearly one of the best in game but voters knowing they still have two years to vote for him doesn't help unless he goes off in playoffs.

Hoping Army losing to Navy doesn't skunk them again . As with Gray I want to to see Nichtern in playoffs so he has the platform to showcase. Been a terrific player since frosh and has the same impact for Army as Gray has for UNC. Be my dark horse.

Tucker can take any defender to the woodshed. Ability to get off shots agaisnt doubles is better than other candidates. Should be one of the finalists but losing teams diminish individual doings. Always have , always will.

Leads me to Winauskaus , different tskillset han the rest but production and impact just as equal as others . Has a gangly appearance being tall and lanky but he is a fine athlete . Comparison to Bernhardt is stupid since their games are dissimilar. Winauskaus is 40/30 , extremely efficient as reflected in his shooting percentages All time point leader in Maryland storied history will register. If he continues to perform and Maryland wins then he is problably the Tewarrton award and certainly deserving.

Jack Myers with 3 goals and 5 assists tonight up to 71 points.

Men’s 2022 Tewaaraton Finalists:
  • Chris Gray, North Carolina - Grad. Student, Attack
  • Sam Handley, Pennsylvania - Sr., Midfield
  • Brendan Nichtern, Army West Point - Sr., Attack
  • Connor Shellenberger, Virginia - Soph., Attack
  • Logan Wisnauskas, Maryland - Fifth Year Senior, Attack

Nichtern graduated from West Point today. He was awarded the Army Athletic Association (AAA) Award. The AAA trophy is awarded annually to the male and female cadet-athletes who display the "most valuable service to intercollegiate athletics during a career as a cadet."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom