2022 US Open (Golf) | Syracusefan.com

2022 US Open (Golf)

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Just starting the thread.

Should be an interesting course with storylines enhanced by LIV. Betting on those guys missing the cut.

Last edited:
I have no idea but this could turn the TOP golf tournament into a circus. There is a lot of hard feelings about SA out there and you could see some serious protests.

BTW: I read today the PGA has raised 3 billion for charity. Deane Beamon was apparently the guy who created the modern PGA.

In a span of about 20 seconds we had a
1) Rory whacking the sand trap twice in a quick tantrum after getting put in a near impossible situaton,
2) Rahm missing a putt and dropping an F bomb.

was at Brookline for the '99 Ryder, that was fun.

hope the crowd still roots for Phil...

and if not, with contending play...does he turn it??

Course has been about "average tough" by US Open Standards.
Still playing very hard of course, but 13 of 78 players are under par.

was at Brookline for the '99 Ryder, that was fun.

hope the crowd still roots for Phil...

and if not, with contending play...does he turn it??

It looks like a great major championship venue - not sure why it is not used more (perhaps it is at the clubs choosing). There are a number of majors around the New York Area (Shinnecock, Winged Foot, Bethpage, Baltusrol) -- figure they can move one of them out to this area periodically.

If somebody wants to see Phil they better make sure they attend on Thursday or Friday.

Last edited:
If somebody wants to see Phil they better make sure they attend on Thursday or Friday.
ha! yeah, quite possible.

i didnt like him taking all that time off.

he shouldve played the 2 majors.

Phil has a 15 foot putt for birdie.
Proceeds to 4 putt and get a double bogey.

+5 after 6 holes.

LIV guys didn't do so great which ultimately will determine part of the success of the tour. Lots of hope on DJ.

Here are the pin placements for round two. Wind is kicking up. Could be ugly if stays all day or for the morning guys.

Who had MJ Daffue up by 3 at any point in the US Open?

Current odds of 20-1 to win US Open. And 4-1 kicker for top 6 finish.
There is no reason to believe he holds on given his pedigree and 45 holes to go, but those odds seem like decent value.

23 players under par at this point, which I would think is about average for US Open on Friday 11:00... maybe a tad higher than average.

But all 23 players are between -1 and -3. And the cut line will probably come in at +4. It could be incredibly tight on moving day.

Great leaderboard, but a strange one.
A strange mix of some of the greatest golfers in the world that are playing really good right now, with jobbers of sorts.
- 5 players in the world top 10 (#1,2, 3,7,9)
- 7 players outside of the world top 100 including some really far down.
- Only 3 players between world #11 and world #100 (Fitzpatrick (expected), Harman, Wise)

Of those in the top 10, you also the three hottest players on tour right now in Scheffler, Burns and McIlroy. Rahm the defending US Champion. Morikawa who is giving Speith/Koepka type vibes as a guy who raises his game in the majors.

And then you have the following
Hadwin - #106
Dahmen - #130
Hossler - #162
Nesmith - #166
Rodgers - #216
Buckley - #259 in the world
Hardy - #371

1655523126713.png

Last edited:
This is set up perfectly for a Morikawa, Rahm, Scheffler, McIlroy shootout. If so can Rory handle the pressure?

Phil gets to be home for Father’s Day. A great consolation for the family man.

McIlroy’s 6 on the 3rd hole will be remembered for decades if he wins.

This is a total crapshoot among the big guns. All I know is Dahmen will shoot 77 or above today.

This is set up perfectly for a Morikawa, Rahm, Scheffler, McIlroy shootout. If so can Rory handle the pressure?
I would also add world #9 Sam Burns to that list of Big 5. Burns has won 2 of his last 6 events, and finished 4th last week.

With a spread of only 8 shots between the entire field, and half the top 15 being jobbers, typically that would indicate there is value in longer odd players that are 5 shots back or more. But not so fast...

With Rahm, Burns, McIlroy, Morikawa, and Scheffler all within 2 shots of the lead, hard to see a player, even a really good one charging back and catching all 5 of them.

But maybe there is value in the winner/ 1/4 top 4 side bets.
Not sure.

Last edited:
24 of the last 26 winners were within 2 shots of the lead after 36 holes. You don’t come from behind to win the US Open for whatever reason.

So, there are a dozen guys left who can win. And if you throw out the no-names who will probably fade based on the moment, I think you’re basically looking at Morikawa, Mcilroy, rahm, scheffler to win.

Even tho Sam Burns is 3 back, I think you’d have to include him as well. So 5 names left based on history

I know Dahmen is right there, but I can’t figure out how I want to view him. He’s not a no-name, but he’s obviously not near the list of names above so I’m not including him

Last edited:
24 of the last 26 winners were within 2 shots of the lead after 36 holes. You don’t come from behind to win the US open for whatever reason.

And its even harder this year when #1, #2, #3 and #7 are in the group within 2 shots.
Although I do consider Burns and Fitzpatrick at 3 shots back still being very strong contenders.

Couldn't avoid taking a few longshots for the weekend, with 1/4 th top 4 finish. Even if I think the winner will come from 5 contenders currently in the World Top 10.

Cantlay: 200-1
Johnson: 100-1
Buckley: 70-1

Also took Sam Burns at 22-1. (was 18-1, but was given a 20% boost on a pick)

Couldn't avoid taking a few longshots for the weekend, with 1/4 th top 4 finish. Even if I think the winner will come from 5 contenders currently in the World Top 10.

Cantlay: 200-1
Johnson: 100-1
Buckley: 70-1

Also took Sam Burns at 22-1. (was 18-1, but was given a 20% boost on a pick)
The burns pick could have tremendous value.

REALLY enjoying Aaron Oberholzer's hole-by-hole tour of the course. That's quite the fiendish layout.
Tremendous content for us diehards. I’m now excited to watch those holes based on his walkthrough.

3 players under par so far
20 players over par so far, including 8 at +3 or more.

Somebody shoots a 68 or 69 today and they might move themselves into contention on Sunday.

Only one person that has played 6 holes or more today is under par.

And that is Denny McCarthy who is 2 under and nearly done his round. Now up to 29th, would imagine he ends up in top 15 if he pars out.

All the top 10 players in the world at the top entering today, are struggling with the exception of Scheffler.

Scheffler and Zalatoris soon to be 1-2 on the leaderboard.
Zalatoris may hold the lead by the day is over if he can close out at -4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom