2022 USMNT Thread | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

2022 USMNT Thread

has the betting line moved at all on this game? I wonder why some random number 7.4 million? and how does bribing 4-5 guys control the game to 1-0? The goalie can allow goals be cant really control 1 being the only goal.

Choosing Qatar for the WC is one of the stupidest sporting decisions ever made. Who ever could have seen this coming...

Uhh... literally everyone.
On the one hand I’m very angry at Qatar for this last second reversal. On the other hand I’m thrilled at how stupid FIFA looks for being the frog deciding to hitch a ride on the back of a scorpion.

I can't imagine how I'd feel if I spent $10K or so to go to the World Cup, and then there's no alcohol, except places far from the stadiums.
BYOB! That’s even better.

has the betting line moved at all on this game? I wonder why some random number 7.4 million? and how does bribing 4-5 guys control the game to 1-0? The goalie can allow goals be cant really control 1 being the only goal.
I think the point is Ecuador isn’t likely to allow any goals to Qatar. 1-0 would be the most realistic winning score if you are Qatar. 7.4 million seems light though. Not if you got that Qatar money

“Champagne, wine, whiskey and other alcohol is still expected to be served in the luxury hospitality areas of the stadiums. Outside of those places, beer is normally the only alcohol sold to regular ticket holders.”

Ok. What ? So it’s a ban for average schmo but the elite will still be getting the ETOH fix

“Champagne, wine, whiskey and other alcohol is still expected to be served in the luxury hospitality areas of the stadiums. Outside of those places, beer is normally the only alcohol sold to regular ticket holders.”

Ok. What ? So it’s a ban for average schmo but the elite will still be getting the ETOH fix
selling beer vs providing alcohol..

selling beer vs providing alcohol..
Really. That’s supposed to make them feel good about themselves. They “provide” the alcohol because it’s factored into the sale of the suite use. Still selling

Are we doing a World Cup thread or just use this thread?

Qatar just banned all alcohol just 48 hours before kick. FIFA and the government of Qatar are a different level of awful
It would probably not weigh this thread down as much if there was a separate thread. Then people could decide whether to use this thread or that one for USMNT games.

Here's the thread I created.

Here is the schedule for the team:

DATEMATCHUPTIME (ET)STADIUMTV
Nov. 21
United States
vs.
Wales
2 p.m.Al-RayyanFox/Telemundo via fuboTV
Nov. 25
England
vs.
United States
2 p.m.Al BaytFox/Telemundo via fuboTV
Nov. 29
Iran
vs.
United States
2 p.m.Al BaytFox/Telemundo via fuboTV

It's not a random number. $7.4M equals 8 million Euros = 1 million Euros per man. The reporter said that 8 guys were bribed.

Telegraph article on US Bracing for Bale:

Berhalter rectifies the mistake made by Jurgen Klinsmann in 2014.

Nice tactical analysis from The Analyst:

Telegraph article on US Bracing for Bale:

Berhalter rectifies the mistake made by Jurgen Klinsmann in 2014.

Nice tactical analysis from The Analyst:

With the news that we are fully healthy, we should be able to advance out of the group.

Hopefully we stay healthy, avoid card-related suspensions and Berhalter does not try to outsmart himself tactically.

We should be able to beat both Wales and Iran.

Personal profiles of the members of the USMNT, along with select clips.

If you're an MLS fan, here are 3 players who you should keep an eye on.

3 MLS Players Watch For The United States In Qatar

USA Today says maybe this is our best ever team, at least on paper:

NewsNow: Loading story...

In this article, The Athletic talks about the US's approach - having multiple captains helps spread the responsibility and not place it all on just one guy.

Need a new coach by 2026. This guy sucks.

Need a new coach by 2026. This guy sucks.

We only need a new coach if they pick someone better, not another MLS coach, but a European or South American coach who somehow is also familiar with MLS and Latin-speaking countries.

We only need a new coach if they pick someone better, not another MLS coach, but a European or South American coach who somehow is also familiar with MLS and Latin-speaking countries.
The main concern with not picking a new coach is that we need to ensure the entire talent pool is evaluated objectively without any previous biases.This is cycle of 4 years poses a unique issue in soccer specifically because players can come in and out of form so easily from year to year. Also specific to the US... we are still maturing as a soccer nation so there is a high chance that there is someone worth looking at who is up and coming. It's really hard for one coach to do a full reset and truly reevaluate the talent pool.

This has nothing to do with Berhalter specifically... any coach is at risk for this issue. It's human nature.

Do the US, Canada & Mexico all get auto-bids in 2026? How many other bids will CONCACAF get?

I don't think the forces at the top of USSF want a foreign coach. Sunil Gulati loved Klinsmann. I just don't see it. The leaders probably want an American coach at the helm.

The thing is that Berhalter is not close to being the best American manager nor was he the best manager in MLS.

Jim Curtin (Philadelphia Union) I think is significantly better than Berhalter.

Do the US, Canada & Mexico all get auto-bids in 2026? How many other bids will CONCACAF get?
I don't think it has officially been announced but it is assumed by many that this will happen (all three will get auto-bids).

As to how many other bids CONCACAF will get, it appears that has also not been decided yet. But this site says 6 all told.

On 31 August 2022, during a visit to Guatemala, FIFA President Gianni Infantino confirmed that six CONCACAF teams will qualify for the World Cup, including Canada, Mexico, and the United States as hosts. Also, two CONCACAF teams will go to the inter-confederation play-offs.[4]
[5]

I think the next step for the US National Team is to hire a South American coach.

MLS has become a great intermediate stepping stone for young players from Argentina, Brazil and Columbia who are maybe not ready for the Big 5 leagues in Europe. Players are more likely to get playing time to develop their quality, and put themselves in the shop window for European clubs. The league is financially stable and they can make a nice living for a young player in the US.

There are a handful of South American managers in MLS right now, and there have been others in the last 5-10 years who have maybe gone on to bigger things, like Tata Martinez (Argentina, Barcelona, Mexico). I think he's kind of stale and used up, but if we could find a younger version of him, I think it would really improve our tactics as a team.

Gonzalo Pineda is a young 40 year old coach for Atlanta United. In a season and a half, his team has performed like a mid-table team, at a little less than a point-and-a-half a game. He was a good player for Mexico and won some trophies as a defensive midfielder in MLS. Changed to US Citizenship. I see a couple guys from Spain coaching in MLS, too (the Dallas Coach, Nico Estavez, only 42).

Do you guys who follow MLS closer than me have an ideas about up-and-comers that we should be thinking about, as a more offensively sophisticated alternative to Berhalter and MLS American-raised coaches?

Hernan Losada at DC United, Oscar Pareja at Orlando City, Matias Almeyda, San Jose Earthquakes, Giovanni Savarese of Portland. Could any of these guys be the next USMNT Coach? Would any of them be improvements over Berhalter?

Last edited:
I was listening to the football show this morning and they mentioned that the three hosts in 26 will join Copa America and they speculate it will get moved to the United States. If true, that’s huge for squad developmen.

I was listening to the football show this morning and they mentioned that the three hosts in 26 will join Copa America and they speculate it will get moved to the United States. If true, that’s huge for squad developmen.

That is wonderful news! Gives us a competitive tournament to play in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom