2022 USMNT Thread | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2022 USMNT Thread

People freaking out about Zardes over Pepi, but this is a game where his experience and size will be needed. It's the right call for this particular game.

Pepi is hopefully going to get the call Wednesday.

I understand why Zardes gets so much hate since he’s an MLSer and has been around for awhile now, but really, none of our center forward options are great. Pepi is exciting because he’s young and already at least on par with Zardes but I don’t really see him as a far superior player right now. Idk, I’m more frustrated with our options there than I am with the actual choice that Berhalter made.

Happy to see Aaronson in the lineup after another good appearance against ES.

It definitely sucks that they put it on a streaming service but they also know they’re up against NFL playoff games so putting it behind a paywall to make some money makes sense unfortunately.
I believe people would watch both. You basically took the casual fan out of flipping to it.

I believe people would watch both. You basically took the casual fan out of flipping to it.
I think the biggest loss is having it on an auxiliary TV in bars and stuff. No one who’s out can ask to have it on. The game is basically a niche event today that only people who post on threads like this are aware of.

Adams getting the arm band tells me Pulisic is only going 60.

I can’t believe Adams can go 180 in 4 days.
He can’t play Wednesday. I like we are being aggressive with these selections. We need a draw atleast.
Damn. I took pulisic to score at +220. I’m such a soccer noob!!

Syracuse well represented in this game.

Miles Robinson (USA)
Tajon Buchanon (Can)
Kamil Miller (Can)

Must be nice for defenders to know that they’ll never get carded against us.
Miller (#4) has been really aggressive for Canada. Very close to a yellow card a couple of times.

He has done well but I think our speed is going to burn him sooner or later.

Former Syracuse Orangeman.

Good corner there. Just a save.

We are going to score. We are getting pressure.

Borjan will do that. Canada relying on the counter a bit too much but longer the game stays 1-0 really favours Canada play style.

Anytime you can get Gyasi Zardes into an important game you just have to do it :confused:
Can’t wait to sub till the 80 minute like we did last Canada match.

I mean Pulisic is being wasted this match and McKennie, Adams and Musah will get tired.

I hate how much starting out of the back we are doing. It will bite us.

This is garbage soccer. Giving US credit for not retaliating. Canada should have 5 yellows and a red. That retaliation kick, didn't see who by Canada about halfway through was despicable.

Big thing I don't like either is how does Canada come out bodychecking, spikes up and lots of extra curricular BS almost knowing it's not called. Really weird game so far. Been in a few games like this- with cleat scars on the back to prove it.

Can’t wait to sub till the 80 minute like we did last Canada match.

I mean Pulisic is being wasted this match and McKennie, Adams and Musah will get tired.

I hate how much starting out of the back we are doing. It will bite us.

Tactics are tough to deploy in a match like this. Far more of a hockey match than the first game. We just need physicality to match today and really it's Mckennie, Adams and Musah trying their best.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom