2022 Yankees Season | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

They just did a post game with Urias. Said he knew Chapman was wild last night so he was working him for a walk. He didn't take the bat off his shoulder.

Because you can't fire the team. The Yankee payroll would cover the National Debt.
No reason to rest Judge tonight with the off day coming up Batting Donaldson third and Gallo 4th is ridiculous. Donaldson has the slowest bat on the team right now. Get him in the cage and out of the dh position if you want to get him batting practice. If you want to rest Judge tonight let him dh.

To many all or nothing hitters still in this lineup.
Donaldson, Kiner-Falefa, LeMahieu, and Rizzo all have relatively high career contact rates. Unfortunately, it has not worked out well so far this season.

When your trillion dollar line up can't hit a pitcher with a lifetime ERA of 5.15, which matches his ERA last year it's got to be Boone's fault. Hell, I don't care what the Yankees do except their fans are degree better than Red Sox fans. That's the lowest bar inaginable.

I don’t blame Boone so much as I blame cashman. Cashman put together a non-ws team for 12 years. He has to go.

Boone also isn't the reason why guys cannot hit, throw for strikes etc...

I'd like to see the team tear down this season. Trade Judge for a haul, get rid of anyone over the age of 30 that is marketable and start from scratch. This includes Cole & Chapman (although I doubt there would be any takers with their contracts)

Last edited:
Cashman put together a non-ws team for 12 years. He has to go.
That standard shows no understanding or appreciation for the randomness of the MLB postseason. You can have a perfectly built team, and there is still only a slightly better chance than a coin flip that they will win a best of five series. The probabilities are only a little bit better of winning a seven game series.

I am not arguing that Cashman is a good or bad GM, but nobody's employment should be based on the results of a random process.

Boone’s going to be collecting unemployment soon.
I doubt it. The Yankees could have let him walk after his last contract was up, but chose to bring him back. That was the time to part ways, not a few weeks into the season.

I doubt it. The Yankees could have let him walk after his last contract was up, but chose to bring him back. That was the time to part ways, not a few weeks into the season.
Yeah it was a joke in reply to the OX post about Boone getting his money’s worth.

That standard shows no understanding or appreciation for the randomness of the MLB postseason. You can have a perfectly built team, and there is still only a slightly better chance than a coin flip that they will win a best of five series. The probabilities are only a little bit better of winning a seven game series.

I am not arguing that Cashman is a good or bad GM, but nobody's employment should be based on the results of a random process.
12 years and not even an appearance in the WS is much more than just random or bad luck. 3-5 years, then sure. That's likely too small.

There are 30 MLB teams. Two teams appear in the WS each year. It's been 12 years. Do the math.

12 years and not even an appearance in the WS is much more than just random or bad luck. 3-5 years, then sure. That's likely too small.

There are 30 MLB teams. Two teams appear in the WS each year. It's been 12 years. Do the math.
I will NOT be doing anymore math, good sir.

I think you need help with concepts like “randomness” and “probabilities.” Check your math.

I think you need help with concepts like “randomness” and “probabilities.” Check your math.
One thing about math. You don’t need to be Einstein to realize you can’t hide from it. This isn’t a condemnation of Hicks but his lifetime batting average with bases loaded is .140 That means he had a 14% chance of getting a hit in that situation last night. It wasn’t his fault that he didn’t. It was math searching him out and finding him.

One thing about math. You don’t need to be Einstein to realize you can’t hide from it. This isn’t a condemnation of Hicks but his lifetime batting average with bases loaded is .140 That means he had a 14% chance of getting a hit in that situation last night. It wasn’t his fault that he didn’t. It was math searching him out and finding him.
How many bases loaded at bats has he had?

How many bases loaded at bats has he had?

Quite a few it was 50+ I believe. His average was actually worse, it was .132 prior to the double play so he's under .130 now

It's actually worse then .140, was .132 before yesterday. He's been up twice this year with the bases loaded, hit into a DP twice.

Quite a few it was 50+ I believe. His average was actually worse, it was .132 prior to the double play so he's under .130 now
It's certainly not good, but one also should not overreact to small sample sizes. We learn in high school statistics class that you want a minimum sample of 100 before judging anything. With batting average you want even more. Look at how much variability there is in batting average for a consistent guy like Tony Gwynn in his career. He was getting 500+ plate appearances each year. His batting average would vary nearly 50 points.

Hicks obviously has not been good with the bases loaded in his career, whether it's a real issue, bad luck, or a statistical anomaly I think is still to be determined. Either way, as Joe Girardi would say, "It's not what you want."

It's certainly not good, but one also should not overreact to small sample sizes. We learn in high school statistics class that you want a minimum sample of 100 before judging anything.
Eh... you get a pretty good idea of where things are headed in the 30-35 range.

Eh... you get a pretty good idea of where things are headed in the 30-35 range.
Not with batting average.

This weekend, your qualifiers should be in the 30-40 plate appearance range. Compare the batting average leader board on Sunday to the leader board on May 1, June 1, July 1 and so on. There is a ton of variability.

Not with batting average.

This weekend, your qualifiers should be in the 30-40 plate appearance range. Compare the batting average leader board on Sunday to the leader board on May 1, June 1, July 1 and so on. There is a ton of variability.
Eh. I was trying to make a math joke. But my jokes have been about as flat as the Yankee lineup. Anyway here’s a stat. In 484 career at bats with RISP Gallo is batting .198. So let’s bat him cleanup where he would be expected to come up with a RISP. Judge should have been in the lineup last night as DH. Stanton should have been batting cleanup.

Eh. I was trying to make a math joke. But my jokes have been about as flat as the Yankee lineup. Anyway here’s a stat. In 484 career at bats with RISP Gallo is batting .198. So let’s bat him cleanup where he would be expected to come up with a RISP. Judge should have been in the lineup last night as DH. Stanton should have been batting cleanup.
That’s fair, although I wouldn’t look at batting average to determine whom should be hitting where.

I think this team has a chance to be even more unlikable than last year's team! (I did like Cameron Maybin with Michael Kaye.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom