2022 Yankees Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Yankees Season

I would look to trade him. He’s proven he can’t stay healthy and that big body is going to break down in his mid thirties. Judge is not smart if he’s turning down $30 million a year with his injury history. I think the Yankees offered 1-2 years too many on the length of the deal. He made $10 million last year. He’s not a big RBI guy based on the number of homers he hits. He’s a human strike out with runners on third with less than two outs.

So I know this is all monopoly money that most of us can't relate to. But does it seem a little weird/stubborn that the deal was only going to pay $17M this year? As if they wanted to have that win.

So I know this is all monopoly money that most of us can't relate to. But does it seem a little weird/stubborn that the deal was only going to pay $17M this year? As if they wanted to have that win.
Tax considerations?

I don't that it matters when the total contract is guaranteed.

Judge made $10.175 mil in 2021.

They couldn't agree on a salary for 2022 so it's going to arbitration. Yanks offered $17 mil, Judge camp demanded $21 mil.

Maybe the Yanks wanted to keep his 2022 salary low for Luxury Tax purposes, since they were planning on offering the big number for the extension.

It was seven years plus this year at either $17 or $21 million. He made $10 million last year. Those are his arbitration numbers for this year. Why would the Yankees go beyond that? If they want to include this year at $30 million you should reduce the contract to seven years. Personally, I think he will be a DH by the time he’s 35-36 years old. I’d never pay a DH that kind of money. The mistake Cashman made was trading for Stanton who has already turned into a DH. Cashman has never taken enough heat for trading for Stanton.

Maybe the Yanks wanted to keep his 2022 salary low for Luxury Tax purposes, since they were planning on offering the big number for the extension.

Makes sense, I know they wanted to stay under that 2nd threshold.

And I have no idea where Judge's side is on why they didn't accept.

If they're right up to that threshold, or need to keep a certain amount under it for further dealing, I get it. But otherwise, make the first year $19M or $21M and at least show some good faith in the arbitration since you're going to pay him a zillion dollars anyway.

Like I said, monopoly money.

Cole misses the spin doctor.
rs-181582-89064607_c.jpg

Good to see Gallo in mid-season form already, 0-3 with three K's and a walk.

Maybe its just me but I don't get the Ynkees love affair with Hicks. He's either hurt or batting like .240 with decent power.

IKF
Josh
Judge

Let's start the season by doing the thing...

Double for Judge.

Still not worth 10 years / $35 mil per

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom