2023-2024 schedule release 8 PM tonight | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2023-2024 schedule release 8 PM tonight

Highlights from that Arizona game are at the 4:45 mark. Three big-time dunks (two from JW, one from Otis).

John with the Haka tongue. Love it. Miss watching him and Otis; maybe my favorite 4-5 tandem.
haka-1.jpg

I went to hawaii and saw Blackwell for Ill against us.
I'm trying to remember what time those games were on locally in Syracuse. I was in 8th grade and remember just straining to stay up.

I'm trying to remember what time those games were on locally in Syracuse. I was in 8th grade and remember just straining to stay up.

I want to say the Illinois game was on late, because a bunch of us watched from the Hooters in Jacksonville.

5 PM Hawaii time = 11 PM Eastern.

DateOpponentTimeTV
Fri, Oct 27Daemen*
Mon, Nov 20Maui
Tues, Nov 21Maui
Wed, Nov 22Maui
SEC Challenge
Sat, Dec 9at Georgetown
Sun, Dec 17Oregon at Sioux Falls, SD
at Boston College
at Pittsburgh
at Clemson
at Louisville
at NC State
at North Carolina
at Duke
at Virginia
at Georgia Tech
at Wake Forest
Boston College
Pittsburgh
Clemson
Louisville
NC State
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Miami
Florida St
Virginia Tech
Mar 8-12ACCT (at Washington DC)
November 1st, exhibition vs St. Rose. Saint Rose men's basketball to play Syracuse in exhibition

They were on very late. I think the first game against Ill we were the last game of the day. So it had to be after 1 in the morning.

Recent relevance is nothing. This is a historic matchup that was going on for over 100 years. I guess new fans don’t care about that stuff much any more. I think SJU, nova, Cuse and sju should play often. Still great historic rivalries there.
When the old Big East ended in 2013, JB commented that we’ve played St John’s forever (regularly since 1960) and would continue to play them. But I think we didn’t renew the series after the initial four-game stint because we had other strategic objectives and limited schedule space. We want to play in NYC every year but we also want some of those to be neutral site games. We also lost a few of those in a row and that hurt our RPI because SJU wasn’t very good most of those years. Also, Lavin and JB had a friendship, but I don’t think JB has a relationship with Mike Anderson. However, I’d assume that Red would want to get the Johnnies back on the schedule at least occasionally, especially with Pitino now coaching your team and his longtime history with the Syracuse program. Plus if we lose, it wouldn’t be a bad loss like it had been 2014-16.

Hopefully we get Le Moyne as an annual opponent. Could it start this year???

If Red goes m2m this game should be completely different than the last two years. No more allowing guys to take uncontested 3 point shots all game.

I’ve posted the study before but the 3pt% made was almost exactly the same against M2M and zone. In fact it was just slightly better vs M2M. The difference is that more are taken vs the zone. Colgate led the country in 3pt% this year at 40.3% across 35 games. I’m sure they didn’t see all zones. However, we will beat them this year.

If Red goes m2m this game should be completely different than the last two years.
assuming he learned m2m from somebody not named JB.

We will run them out of the Dome. Orange by 40.
That’s the attitude that got us beat the past two years. Colgate is well coached and very disciplined. You have to play well on both ends of the court to beat them. SU has been blown out the past two years. We need to win before you can blow them out by 40.

Hopefully we get Le Moyne as an annual opponent. Could it start this year???
Wouldn’t it crush our NET and be a school that could have extra motivation and knowledge of us being so close?

I’d have them in the mix once every 5 years annual NEC isn’t good for us.

Wouldn’t it crush our NET and be a school that could have extra motivation and knowledge of us being so close?

I’d have them in the mix once every 5 years annual NEC isn’t good for us.
If the AD is worried that scheduling Le Moyne crushes our net, then they're doing it wrong. If we're worried about Le Moyne having "extra motivation", then the program is REALLY doing it wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom