2023-2024 schedule release 8 PM tonight | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2023-2024 schedule release 8 PM tonight

I’ve posted the study before but the 3pt% made was almost exactly the same against M2M and zone. In fact it was just slightly better vs M2M. The difference is that more are taken vs the zone. Colgate led the country in 3pt% this year at 40.3% across 35 games. I’m sure they didn’t see all zones. However, we will beat them this year.
I suspect our zone with MCW, Triche, Fair, Grant, and Christmas would’ve fared ok.

However a subpar zone against a team that passes and shoots it well is not a good matchup.

We should have the athletes to make them a lot more uncomfortable next year.

That’s the attitude that got us beat the past two years. Colgate is well coached and very disciplined. You have to play well on both ends of the court to beat them. SU has been blown out the past two years. We need to win before you can blow them out by 40.

Disagree. We gave them too much respect and had the excuses basically already said out loud before they even beat us this year.

We’re not putting a bunch of slow guys out there in a bad 2-3 zone next year. We’ve got athletes and we’ll get after them…..just like every other high major team they played the last two years did.

I suspect our zone with MCW, Triche, Fair, Grant, and Christmas would’ve fared ok.

However a subpar zone against a team that passes and shoots it well is not a good matchup.

We should have the athletes to make them a lot more uncomfortable next year.
That's the key point. It wasn't just that we were playing zone; we sat back and allowed them to dictate, well... pretty much every aspect of the game and just tee off on us. It was almost like our gameplan was to give them their best shot at executing their gameplan. It was bizarre.

DateOpponentTimeTV
Fri, Oct 27Daemen*
Wed, Nov 1St Rose*
Mon, Nov 6New Hampshire
Tues, Nov 14Colgate
Mon, Nov 20Maui
Tues, Nov 21Maui
Wed, Nov 22Maui
SEC Challenge
Sat, Dec 9at Georgetown
Sun, Dec 17Oregon at Sioux Falls, SD
Thurs, Dec 21Niagara
at Boston College
at Pittsburgh
at Clemson
at Louisville
at NC State
at North Carolina
at Duke
at Virginia
at Georgia Tech
at Wake Forest
Boston College
Pittsburgh
Clemson
Louisville
NC State
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Miami
Florida St
Virginia Tech
Mar 8-12ACCT (at Washington DC)
Wow, I didn't realize just how fast we're getting thrown into the fire in Hawaii... They must be planning to schedule a couple more games to get the team into a groove before heading out there, right?

There are two or three open slots based on how the Maui games count.

Wow, I didn't realize just how fast we're getting thrown into the fire in Hawaii... They must be planning to schedule a couple more games to get the team into a groove before heading out there, right?

There are two or three open slots based on how the Maui games count.

I’d be surprised if we don’t have a game between NH and Colgate.

We should play Lemoyne. I don’t see why we wouldn’t.
We need to play easy wins that aren't going to hurt our NET ranking. Ready wins, in the 100-150 that don't drag us down. Lemoyne will be one of the worst teams in division 1 for a few years, and would severely harm our ranking, even if we blew them out. We need fewer total cupcakes, not more.

We need to play easy wins that aren't going to hurt our NET ranking. Ready wins, in the 100-150 that don't drag us down. Lemoyne will be one of the worst teams in division 1 for a few years, and would severely harm our ranking, even if we blew them out. We need fewer total cupcakes, not more.
Every P6 team typically plays at least one or two sub-300 teams every season and a program like Le Moyne is cheaper to bring in than every other option.

Give us Rutgers in the ACC/B1G, please. I want to mop them in the Dome.

I bet we get Iowa or Michigan. Iowa is my first guess.
They are playing an SEC team now. Not Big Ten. I'm hoping for Missouri.

For some reason, I feel like we play them almost annually. I can't believe it's been 11 years.

We played them six times between 2002-2012, none since 2012. Also pretty much played them yearly in the 80s

Since the ACC has 15 teams for basketball and the SEC only 14 (that changes to 16 next year), one ACC team will not be able to play.

Speculated when we added that weird neutral site game against Oregon in South Dakota recently that we might have found we were the odd team out and added a tough game OOC to compensate.

We will know for sure soon.

Since the ACC has 15 teams for basketball and the SEC only 14 (that changes to 16 next year), one ACC team will not be able to play.

Speculated when we added that weird neutral site game against Oregon in South Dakota recently that we might have found we were the odd team out and added a tough game OOC to compensate.

They wouldn't keep us out of this thing, would they? Especially, since it's the first year.

I have no inside info, but I think this will turn out to be the case.

Wouldn't we have scheduled Oregon for late November in that case?

They wouldn't keep us out of this thing, would they? Especially, since it's the first year.
Someone has to sit out. When we played in the ACC-B1G challenge, an ACC team had to sit it out every year and i don’t believe we ever did.

It would be unfortunate because after this year, all the ACC schools will play in the challenge every year, and one SEC team will have to sit out.

At least until there is further expansion or contraction in these leagues.

Someone has to sit out. When we played in the ACC-B1G challenge, an ACC team had to sit it out every year and i don’t believe we ever did.

It would be unfortunate because after this year, all the ACC schools will play in the challenge every year, and one SEC team will have to sit out.

At least until there is further expansion or contraction in these leagues.
Would be curious to know the dynamic of selecting which team sits. Lowest rated, ping pong balls, rock paper scissors. We certainly wouldn't be the worst draw, tv rating wise.

Wouldn't we have scheduled Oregon for late November in that case?
We play three presumably tough games in late November with the Maui Classic. I doubt we would want to add another tough one so close to that gauntlet.

It would reduce travel somewhat but the thinking might be they need some rest after Maui.

I just assumed whichever team finished last in the conference the previous season would sit out. I can’t imagine ESPN would want Syracuse to be the team sitting out.
Could be. Just a theory i have.

Would not be surprised if SU told ESPN that wanted to miss the SEC challenge this year because they are playing in Maui so soon beforehand.

It’s not like we are going to be a preseason top 25 team and we just lost the HOF coach angle too.

Should know soon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom