2023-24 NBA Season | Page 72 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

No idea how there was no whistle that last possession that led to the 3 but that was wild

Was that not traveling on the inbounds when he fell to the floor with possession?

NBA freaking playoffs! Wild. Mayhem. I love it!

As a Knicks fan I was hyped for all that craziness in the win, but as a basketball fan to see a doubleheader like that tonight... Haha I'm floating right now.

I do feel bad for Lakers fans. The Lakers were in control that whole game, and not once did I think Denver was in danger of losing.

DLo hit a million 3s, Davis played fantastic, Lebron was out of his mind.

Then towards the end the second I felt like they had a chance to blow it.was the Hach missed 3 and Austin missed 3. Both times Davis didn’t touch the ball.

It seems like Davis and LeBron run out of gas every game in the 4th quarter at this point. Game 1 watching Joker run right by LeBron for the dunk is great. AD and LeBron were great but it just seems like every game with Denver that can't close it out. Denver has a lot to do with it, I get it but they need to close the games better. Murray did get a 15 footer for the win as well, that wasn't a tough shot for a player of his caliber.

Maybe LeBron should try riding harness horses all off season to better prepare.

The AD post game presser is classic AD, he to me is just an unlikeable personality.

Last edited:
Couple of things

1) Knicks could easily be down 0-2. Take the wins but Brunson needs to be a lot better moving forward.
2) post game presser was classic LeBron - understanding that they've lived off FT advantage all year so let's call out the stripes and walk off. Double win as it allows him to avoid answering questions on how you blew a 20 point lead and a 10 point lead entering the 4th well after the missed replay call which happened in the 3rd quarter.
3) Anyone who claims AD is DPOY caliber should replay that 4th quarter non-stop.

Couple of things

1) Knicks could easily be down 0-2. Take the wins but Brunson needs to be a lot better moving forward.
2) post game presser was classic LeBron - understanding that they've lived off FT advantage all year so let's call out the stripes and walk off. Double win as it allows him to avoid answering questions on how you blew a 20 point lead and a 10 point lead entering the 4th well after the missed replay call which happened in the 3rd quarter.
3) Anyone who claims AD is DPOY caliber should replay that 4th quarter non-stop.
The good news is for the Knicks is Brunson can’t play any worse, Embiid can’t move on defense, Maxey can’t play any better than he did last night and they still won.

Couple of things

AD claimed he was the best defender in the league about 12 hours before that 4th quarter. He was spent in the 4th, bad on defense and no impact on offense took 1 shot and played the fool in the post game press conference

Josh Hart played 48 minutes last night. He has been fantastic first 2 games. One of my favorite players in the league

Last edited:
The good news is for the Knicks is Brunson can’t play any worse, Embiid can’t move on defense, Maxey can’t play any better than he did last night and they still won.

Perhaps, from a Philly perspective, the refs can't be any worse either. As a Cleveland fan (so no horse in the race) as incredible as that finish was, if I'm a Philly fan, I'm definitely believing the refs had some coin on NY.

Replays and still shocks all over the net, NBA TV, etc. show where Brunson clearly grabs and holds Maxey's jersey on the inbound pass...a clear foul. Prior to that, Philly's coach was signalling for a T/O but didn't get it as they wanted to advance the ball to half court. Additionally, when Maxey was on the ground, in possession of the ball where no Knick yet had their hands on it, footage shows Philly's coach signalling again for a T/O. Again, it wasn't granted.

Brutal officiating down the stretch in my view, from an objective standpoint.

Perhaps, from a Philly perspective, the refs can't be any worse either. As a Cleveland fan (so no horse in the race) as incredible as that finish was, if I'm a Philly fan, I'm definitely believing the refs had some coin on NY.

Replays and still shocks all over the net, NBA TV, etc. show where Brunson clearly grabs and holds Maxey's jersey on the inbound pass...a clear foul. Prior to that, Philly's coach was signalling for a T/O but didn't get it as they wanted to advance the ball to half court. Additionally, when Maxey was on the ground, in possession of the ball where no Knick yet had their hands on it, footage shows Philly's coach signalling again for a T/O. Again, it wasn't granted.

Brutal officiating down the stretch in my view, from an objective standpoint.
Meh. Prior to the Brunson push Maxey pushed off Hart so it works both ways IMO. They have a superstar that falls down and asks for fouls so I don’t feel bad about it as a Knick stan. There also was a challenge down the stretch that was overturned where Divencenzo was clearly fouled.

Meh. Prior to the Brunson push Maxey pushed off Hart so it works both ways IMO. They have a superstar that falls down and asks for fouls so I don’t feel bad about it as a Knick stan. There also was a challenge down the stretch that was overturned where Divencenzo was clearly fouled.

Whataboutism is of course the expected retort, especially with anyone who has a rooting/fan interest as you do in this instance.

I watched the game live from the moment the Cavs game was over, so, I think what you're referring to on the Divincenzo foul is the one where Lowry was called first for the foul, and it was reversed during reply as the refs ruled that Lowry hit the ball first forcing the ball loose and then from there the ensuing contact was, let's just say, fair game? So, an overturn based on rule? In any event, that wasn't in the waning moments, so, no where near the impact relative to the recovery period left to overcome such a "bad" call.

The grab that Brunson had on Maxey was pretty blatent, based on the actual footage I saw, I mean his jersey was pulled to the extent you could see the under tank worn by players. Regardless of that missed foul there in a very crucial moment, the refs didn't afford a time out (a two separate occasions) when Phillly's head coach had signalled for it. I mean, a picture paints a thousand words...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom