2023-24 NBA Season | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

There's a hilarious clip I saw of him from last night (I think?) where he did the let the ball roll before picking it up after a made basket to keep the shot clock from starting thing, but he also thought it kept the game clock from starting! (they were down 10 with about 4 min left when this happened)

I think Poole's brilliance is infectious. Kuzma did a really stupid play in the Raptors game about a week ago. With about a minute or two left in a close game, Kuzma ran down the court towards his coach asking him to challenge an out of bounds call.

While he was running away from the ball, the ref was handing the ball to the Raps to inbound under the Wiz basket. Raptors easily score on what was essentially a 5 on 4.

As for Poole, in that game the Wiz had a big lead, but the Raptors were coming back and were on a quick 7-0 run, Instead of slowing it down or setting up something, Poole pulled up for about a 32 foot shot.

They got hosed against the Lake show I thought. I don’t think they deserved one of the other 2.
They were up 5 with less than two minutes left at the CLIPPERS. That should be a win. Despite an absolute travesty of officiating all game. The GSW game was essentially a scheduled loss with a 3rd game in 4 , back to back

They were up 5 with less than two minutes left at the CLIPPERS. That should be a win. Despite an absolute travesty of officiating all game. The GSW game was essentially a scheduled loss with a 3rd game in 4 , back to back
Should have, yes. They blew it.

I think Poole's brilliance is infectious. Kuzma did a really stupid play in the Raptors game about a week ago. With about a minute or two left in a close game, Kuzma ran down the court towards his coach asking him to challenge an out of bounds call.

While he was running away from the ball, the ref was handing the ball to the Raps to inbound under the Wiz basket. Raptors easily score on what was essentially a 5 on 4.

As for Poole, in that game the Wiz had a big lead, but the Raptors were coming back and were on a quick 7-0 run, Instead of slowing it down or setting up something, Poole pulled up for about a 32 foot shot.

I saw the Kuzma play you mentioned, that was also hilarious.

There was also a sequence during the Knicks-Wiz game friday where Poole drove left and threw up a horrible shot. I think he figured he was fouled, because the next time the Wiz had the ball on offense, there was a foul called on the Knicks. Poole then got a tech (presumably arguing the non-call from the possession before). Brunson hit the FT and then when the Wiz inbounded the ball after the tech Poole immediately traveled.

I saw the Kuzma play you mentioned, that was also hilarious.

There was also a sequence during the Knicks-Wiz game friday where Poole drove left and threw up a horrible shot. I think he figured he was fouled, because the next time the Wiz had the ball on offense, there was a foul called on the Knicks. Poole then got a tech (presumably arguing the non-call from the possession before). Brunson hit the FT and then when the Wiz inbounded the ball after the tech Poole immediately traveled.
He has to learn that he’s not going to get the calls on the Wizards he was on the GSW Golden Children

I’ll admit I was wrong about Jordan Poole. I thought the year the Warriors won the finals against the Celtics when he was the 2nd option until Klay came back proved he would eventually become a permanent dependable 2nd option.

Then the playoffs come and he became more unplayable by each round. Since then he’s completely fallen apart.

There's a hilarious clip I saw of him from last night (I think?) where he did the let the ball roll before picking it up after a made basket to keep the shot clock from starting thing, but he also thought it kept the game clock from starting! (they were down 10 with about 4 min left when this happened)
Yeah lol I was at the game and everyone in the crowd was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! PICK THE BALL UP!!!"

I’ll admit I was wrong about Jordan Poole. I thought the year the Warriors won the finals against the Celtics when he was the 2nd option until Klay came back proved he would eventually become a permanent dependable 2nd option.

Then the playoffs come and he became more unplayable by each round. Since then he’s completely fallen apart.
I thought trading CP3 for him was a worthy gamble because even in last season's struggles, he was lowkey pretty good when Curry was out and Poole was running the show. I'm pretty surprised at just how horrendous he's been so far this season.

His net on/off rating per 100 possessions so far this season is -37.2 lol. Tyus Jones is the next closest at -28.8.

If the plan was to flip him for assets, the Wiz may have already lost the gamble. As of now, I would suspect he is viewed as a negative value contract around the league due to its size and his play I would think that his play this year has done the opposite of accelerating the opportunity to move him.

You could trade him for bad contracts in return, or attach futures to get rid of him. None of them really make sense for the Wiz,

I think the Wiz are stuck with him as a tank commander and have to hope he starts playing better.
Alternatively, as a tank commander, they hope he plays worse.

Alternatively, as a tank commander, they hope he plays worse.
I think he's fully capable of turning things around at least to some extent, but if he continues to play this poorly, at some point they might have to consider moving him or benching him just for the sake of not messing up their other developmental pieces lol.

He actually got off to a pretty hot start last night too; I was getting a little nervous the Bucks' defense might have allowed him to snap out of his cold streak.

At any rate, he was probably the most entertaining part of the game from the Wizards side. Coulibaly was solid and there was a brief moment where Kuzma and Giannis were going back and forth that was cool. But otherwise it was really the Giannis and Poole show.

This is mostly a vibes based comment, but Poole strikes me as a completely unserious player. (It's a little odd to say that about a guy who played a pretty big role for a title team, but like I said, this is a vibes based comment. Just go back and read the last 2 pages.)

But he's a smallish combo guard who isn't good at defense who derives most of his value from scoring and for his career has a below average true shooting%.

This is mostly a vibes based comment, but Poole strikes me as a completely unserious player. (It's a little odd to say that about a guy who played a pretty big role for a title team, but like I said, this is a vibes based comment. Just go back and read the last 2 pages.)

But he's a smallish combo guard who isn't good at defense who derives most of his value from scoring and for his career has a below average true shooting%.

He got a chip and he got paid.

He’ll try again when he’s nearing a contract re-up.

I think there is a legit 5% chance one of his teammates will punch him, though. A few have basically been ready to tear him apart.

Indiana plays a really exciting brand of basketball (whether they are that good is debatable)... a crazy up and down game with the raptors tonight. And the Raps are usually fairly boring.

Kyrie wants to be The Man so bad. Love Kyrie, the baller, but I would never put him in the same league as Muhammad Ali & Nelson Mandela, neither of whom questioned the veracity of the Holocaust, the value of vaccinations nor that the Earth is round.

He’s anti-Semitic.

6C59750E-C0D6-4067-A526-8276CAE2A408.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom