2023-24 NBA Season | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

I don't think I would have wanted Milwaukee to trade their precious few draft picks for a coach even if Lue is a good one. But I also wish Milwaukee hadn't hired a horrific coach lol. I suppose 40 games with Griffin was worth it if it got Giannis to sign the extension...
My understanding is the Clippers wanted Ayton from the Suns.

79-73
Both teams should have been assessed a loss.
That was UGLY

I watched the last few minutes -- in our fantasy league my opponent had Tobias Harris, Divicenzo, and Paul Reed, and needed 4 total points from them to take a point away.

That last few minutes was really bad.

But the Knicks are going to be grind for anybody, especially one they get back to health with OG.

My understanding is the Clippers wanted Ayton from the Suns.

It's good that fell apart otherwise Clippers wouldn't have had the preferable matching contracts to make the Harden deal work when that opportunity arose - those players would have needed to be moved for Ayton to make that deal work.

Hard to imagine Clips being better off with Ayton instead of Harden.

It's good that fell apart otherwise Clippers wouldn't have had the preferable matching contracts to make the Harden deal work when that opportunity arose - those players would have needed to be moved for Ayton to make that deal work.

Hard to imagine Clips being better off with Ayton instead of Harden.
Thank you for lifting the ban. ;)

I agree with your premise. There’s one way they could have done both. Had the deal been early enough, Zubac and Eric Gordon could have been moved for Ayton.

Sixers exploded for 79 vs Knicks again-
79-106 L this time!
OG is back! Hart 20/19/10.
Need Randle back now -still a mystery there.

Sixers exploded for 79 vs Knicks again-
79-106 L this time!
OG is back! Hart 20/19/10.
Need Randle back now -still a mystery there.
And Tobias Harris dragged my fantasy team down with 2 pts in 26 minutes. Woof!

NBA had their best guy on this one
Dumars.jpg

RJ Barrett's 19 year old brother has passed away.

There are various reports out there. Initial reports were a car crash, but that was not accurate. Toronto Beat writer said it was an illness and he had come back to Toronto recently to be with family. Some discussion that he was waiting for a bone marrow transplant, but nothing verified.

I'm sure Knicks fan are very happy with OG ( I would be too). Hope he is healthy in the playoffs, as he has a knack to always get smallish injuries.

RJ Barrett has surprisingly been very efficient with Toronto and its now stretching out to 27 games-- It's a long stretch for such an aberration. It has to fall at some point, but hoping its somewhere in the middle.

In 27 games
FG% - 55% (43% and 42% last 2 years with Knicks)
3Pt% - 42% (33% and 31%)
TS% - 62% (54% and 53%)

The weird thing though is that he is only shooting 58% on Free throws.

If you listen to Ryen Rusillo or Bill Simmons, they have been talking about this. Ryen even got into with the NBA Refs twitter feed about parallel defender getting jumped into by the guy on offense going towards the rim and getting the call.

Something def came down from the mother ship.
Yep, listened to that the other day. Seems pretty obvious something changed

If you listen to Ryen Rusillo or Bill Simmons, they have been talking about this. Ryen even got into with the NBA Refs twitter feed about parallel defender getting jumped into by the guy on offense going towards the rim and getting the call.

Something def came down from the mother ship.
Congrats to the locked in sharps that saw this in real time and pounded those unders before Vegas adjusted.

I'm sure Knicks fan are very happy with OG ( I would be too). Hope he is healthy in the playoffs, as he has a knack to always get smallish injuries.

RJ Barrett has surprisingly been very efficient with Toronto and its now stretching out to 27 games-- It's a long stretch for such an aberration. It has to fall at some point, but hoping its somewhere in the middle.

In 27 games
FG% - 55% (43% and 42% last 2 years with Knicks)
3Pt% - 42% (33% and 31%)
TS% - 62% (54% and 53%)

The weird thing though is that he is only shooting 58% on Free throws.

Yes I am very happy with OG, but i have also been waiting for the RJ regression and it really hasnt come yet.
I pulled down his location data, and he basically started finishing much better at the rim as well as making a lot more threes. Though yes it is also kinda funny he cant make a FT. He was always good at getting to the rim but he ususally wasnt very good at finishing there (as evidenced by the chart). There could be something to the idea that RJ operates better with more spacing around him to open up the paint, but is that really the case with Toronto? The most common lineup for RJ is IQ/Trent/RJ/Barnes/Poetl, which I guess is pretty decent for spacing?
RJ Accuracy.jpg

Yes I am very happy with OG, but i have also been waiting for the RJ regression and it really hasnt come yet.
I pulled down his location data, and he basically started finishing much better at the rim as well as making a lot more threes. Though yes it is also kinda funny he cant make a FT. He was always good at getting to the rim but he ususally wasnt very good at finishing there (as evidenced by the chart). There could be something to the idea that RJ operates better with more spacing around him to open up the paint, but is that really the case with Toronto? The most common lineup for RJ is IQ/Trent/RJ/Barnes/Poetl, which I guess is pretty decent for spacing?
View attachment 238807

Nice analysis

After RJ started nice for 6 or 7 games, I was waiting for the turn. It's just stunning (in a good way) that it has stretched out this long.

As for why he is better at the rim or distance. It's certainly not the Raptors - we don't really have good spacing or elite outside shooting. People still lay off Barnes at time. Poeltl can't shoot beyond 8 feet.

Maybe just a lower pressure situation -- which usually doesn't happen when someone comes home. But Knicks fans, rightfully expected more from a #3 pick... and now he plays for a team that sucks so not pressure that way either.

The Clippers are now the #1 seed in the West. While they will probably fall out of first tomorrow, because the schedule makers are trolls, it won’t be long until they’re back.

Yes, I’m going to be insufferable the second half of the season.
This aged poorly. For a while, it looked like this might be the Clippers year. Right now, they’re just a team.

This aged poorly. For a while, it looked like this might be the Clippers year. Right now, they’re just a team.

I could still see them as the second favorite to come out of the west, though it would be great if they could stay away from Denver in the draw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom