2023-24 NBA Season | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Knicks could have used this amazing performance after last 3 demoralizing games!
Malachi Flynn, recently traded by the Knicks, went off for 50-6-6 with 3 steals Wednesday night -off the bench. Flynn made history:
  • Lowest career scoring average (5.2 points) of any player with a 50-point game in NBA history.
  • 3rd player, with Jamal Crawford and Nick Anderson, to score 50 off the bench.
  • 2nd player, with Crawford, to have at least 50-5-5 off the bench

Did Malachi Flynn have 50 career points before last night? Only semi-joking. Kind of devalues the 50 point game, IMO.

Did Malachi Flynn have 50 career points before last night? Only semi-joking. Kind of devalues the 50 point game, IMO.
Agree: Flynn can't negotiate his next contract off the 50 game-
Regardless, he set a very surprising/unexpected NBA record to tell his grandkids about some day LOL.

Knicks could have used this amazing performance after last 3 demoralizing games!
Malachi Flynn, recently traded by the Knicks, went off for 50-6-6 with 3 steals Wednesday night -off the bench. Flynn made history:
  • Lowest career scoring average (5.2 points) of any player with a 50-point game in NBA history.
  • 3rd player, with Jamal Crawford and Nick Anderson, to score 50 off the bench.
  • 2nd player, with Crawford, to have at least 50-5-5 off the bench

His 50 point game is crazy. Although he is known for going off for 70 in a summer league game (non NBA summer league) a few years back.

I will always remember the name of Will Burton getting 50, as perhaps the worst. This surpasses it. As a sidenote, seeing Acie Earl getting 40 with the expansion 1996 Raptors is still the worst player I have ever seen get 40.

Raptors fans feel like WTH... we had to deal with him for 3.5 years of mediocrity.

He had a few 20+ point games with the Raptors to close their Tampa Bay season of 2020/2021.
That tanking team was awful.

The boy’s Christmas present. Unfortunately for him, the refs didn’t allow his squad to get the win as well. Great night though.

IMG_0100.jpeg

The boy’s Christmas present. Unfortunately for him, the refs didn’t allow his squad to get the win as well. Great night though.

View attachment 239652
Glad you guys got to see a good Fox performance! As frustrating as this season has been at times, it's nice to know you can count on Sabonis and Fox playing regardless of the schedule or opponent.

Speaking of comebacks from >10points down-
After a few tough losses, the Knicks had a nice one at Milwaukee last night!
Renewed hope LOL

This Bucks collapse might end up ruining my vacation plans lol. Planning to go visit my sister-in-law in Chicago and take a few days out to go to Milwaukee for a playoff game but there's a real chance they end up not being the home team at this point which would ruin the timing of the trip.

Jrue Holiday must feel great right now. It must have been discouraging for him to get traded from title-contender Bucks that he was a huge part of to seemingly no-mans-land in Portland. But then he ends up in Boston a few days later. And now the Bucks are floundering with Dame and the Celtics appear unstoppable.

Jrue Holiday must feel great right now. It must have been discouraging for him to get traded from title-contender Bucks that he was a huge part of to seemingly no-mans-land in Portland. But then he ends up in Boston a few days later. And now the Bucks are floundering with Dame and the Celtics appear unstoppable.
Jrue and D White are one of the top combos in the NBA. So tough.

Day2 I concede re Doc. You were right. I don't care if the D got better. They are a mess.

I am looking forward to the Mavs/Clips round 1 series if it holds. Might be the most entertaining round 1 series of the playoffs.

I'm at the point where the Knicks are house money for me this year. Unlike in the past, the organization isn't a mess. It's ok to be wrecked by injuries and still expect to come back the next year and do well.

Day2 I concede re Doc. You were right. I don't care if the D got better. They are a mess.

I am looking forward to the Mavs/Clips round 1 series if it holds. Might be the most entertaining round 1 series of the playoffs.
To be fair, I think it's been like 3 games in the Doc tenure where the Big 3 have played, but yeah, even as little time to gel as they've had, this stretch of games has been pathetic.

To be fair, I think it's been like 3 games in the Doc tenure where the Big 3 have played, but yeah, even as little time to gel as they've had, this stretch of games has been pathetic.

Doc's behavior / commentary has been... odd? I dunno, it just seems like he took a job on a lark and is like "oh, I have to do something?"

I dunno. I don't hate Doc by any means, but this seems bizarre.

It’s never his fault.
I read the story in the athletic that mentioned the bucks only had 8 games since doc took over with Giannis, Dame, and Middleton playing and it went on to note it’s really only six because in 2 of those Middleton left with an injury and I could just see doc making sure Eric nehm knew it was really only 6 games.

I think Luka is going to make the MVP race closer than what was expected.
I was thinking the same thing. It will be interesting to see if he receives the backlash that Joker did. There is definite envy among some of the voters (and NBA mouthpieces) that the Euro's are dominating that award.

Unless of course you are Mark Jackson who forgot that the best player in the world was in the league that you cover...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom