2023-24 NBA Season | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Dude has been on an absolute tear lately. Knicks have a legitimate shot at the 2 seed with games against the Nets and Bulls while Milwaukee has to play at OKC and at Orlando.

Dude has been on an absolute tear lately. Knicks have a legitimate shot at the 2 seed with games against the Nets and Bulls while Milwaukee has to play at OKC and at Orlando.

Note: Brunson Burner's stats were in 3Q's -did not play Q4!
He's being ridden hard, and a few times last night had concern regarding injury.
Bucks will finish the season without the Greek Freak -helping Knicks' chance for 2 seed.

Crazy how the race for the #1 seed in the East has essentially been over for about two months, and there is a three-way tie for #1 in the West entering the final game. The latter of which I don't think I've ever seen before.

Chet is going to be a problem for teams and OKC could be a bit of a handful. SGA is one of the better players in the league., Giddey can play, Jaylen Williams looked the part...could be a fun team.
Yeah they're in striking distance of being really dangerous.
Little did Newhouser and I know how the standings would shake out.

Really curious to see how OKC handles the playoffs. They might be too young to be intimidated and go on a run. And if they do, how people view SGA goes to another level.

OKC's title odds right now are +1600 despite having home court advantage until the Finals.

Young team plus a potential rough road ahead of them with maybe the Lakers and then the Mavs/Clips winner.

Figure Denver in Round 3 and then a Boston machine if they make the Finals.

Start counting the hall of famers they have to go through and them being in the pole position for only the first time, I get it. Fun team, though.

OKC's title odds right now are +1600 despite having home court advantage until the Finals.
The fact that Clippers are 1200 and Mavs are 1600 is wild. I get it seeing as we've seen Kawhi and Luca win in the playoffs, but seems pretty disrespectful to SGA.

Knicks at 4500 vs Philly at 1900.

REALLY? Now I want that series bad. I don't think Knicks can beat Boston, but talk me out of taking that and hedging the Conf Finals.

I know cherry picking cuts of stats isn't really great always for seeing how awesome someone is, but the list of guys with 20k points, 5.5k boards, 5.5k assists is at 11 (called out on r/nba and also here sourced), the names are obviously all HoFers.

LeBron is on that list. But to call out, he is DOUBLE that aggregation. 40k points, 11k boards, 11k assists.

Again, I know these cuts aren't really comprehensive judges of who is the best, but that type of production and longevity is absolutely insane.

Bron for basketball and Brady for football have totally skewed things. It kind of reminds me of Alabama's insane CFB run that is the greatest ever just absolutely making Clemson's amazing run (and one for the history books) seem trivial.

Like KD has been in the league since 2007. You can make a case he is a top 20/15 player ever. But it's muted because of Bron's insanity.

Young team plus a potential rough road ahead of them with maybe the Lakers and then the Mavs/Clips winner.

Start counting the hall of famers they have to go through and them being in the pole position for only the first time, I get it. Fun team, though.
Very fun team but I agree with Scalabrine - they need size. The grind is going to be too much for them this year. Great year though.

He really has, just had a such a great year. His ability to find spots throughout the floor and get good shots is really amazing. Was glad to see Hart's ankle wasn't bad yesterday, and then someone rolled over on him as well. Thought he could have been legit hurt. Not a knicks fan but I like the guys (love the Nova 3) they have on their team a lot, fun to watch.

He really has, just had a such a great year. His ability to find spots throughout the floor and get good shots is really amazing. Was glad to see Hart's ankle wasn't bad yesterday, and then someone rolled over on him as well. Thought he could have been legit hurt. Not a knicks fan but I like the guys (love the Nova 3) they have on their team a lot, fun to watch.

Brunson has to be one of the most beloved Knicks of all time at this point, even in his short stint. I'm a Knicks fan and realize the hill it would be to win a title this year, but if he were to get a chip at any point in his career with the knicks, he would be lionized like Mark Messier was in '94.

The fans absolutely love him and rightfully so. He deserves it.

Aren’t they more likely to face the Warriors in the first round? With the Lakers facing the Nuggets.

No Brunson, C’mon.

Would you necessarily take him over any of the guards? To me it comes down to Hali I think. Hali was absolutely on fire and hasnt been the same since he got hurt. I could be sold that in the context of an olympic team Haliburton's passing is much more additive than the heavy Iso scoring Brunson is going to give you.

Plus Brunson could use the summer off after a finals run

Would you necessarily take him over any of the guards? To me it comes down to Hali I think. Hali was absolutely on fire and hasnt been the same since he got hurt. I could be sold that in the context of an olympic team Haliburton's passing is much more additive than the heavy Iso scoring Brunson is going to give you.

Plus Brunson could use the summer off after a finals run
I would take Brunson over Booker and Holliday, haliburton is a push.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom