2023-24 NBA Season | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Nah, they know they can toy with the Lakers until crunch time.
Lakers yes. The Nuggets keep playing like this they lose to Minnesota.

I know the Lakers lost 4-1 but I thought they actually played very well in that series.
Jimmy Kimmel Abc GIF by Emmys

I think Minnesota is going to beat Denver. Something seems off with Denver this year and Porter was excellent in the Laker series and I don't see that continuing.

Thinking same thing. Took TWolves 11-1 this AM to win the chip.

Just think if they knock of the Nuggets, they should beat OKC/Dallas/Clips and then I’ll take my chances either Boston loses at some point (prob injury related) or I’ll hedge if it gets to that point

Phoenix would have to get more back than that though don't you think? I am not a huge Randle guy but they would need to get something better than that.

Yes I was saying from a salary perspective.

I am pretty sure if the Suns are trading Booker they are blowing the team up. You dont trade the 27 year old to build around 37 and 32 years olds like KD and Beal.

Thinking same thing. Took TWolves 11-1 this AM to win the chip.

Just think if they knock of the Nuggets, they should beat OKC/Dallas/Clips and then I’ll take my chances either Boston loses at some point (prob injury related) or I’ll hedge if it gets to that point
knicks-minn final exacta is about 30-1

I am pretty sure if the Suns are trading Booker they are blowing the team up. You dont trade the 27 year old to build around 37 and 32 years olds like KD and Beal.
totally agree. KD is the interesting piece to me - what is his value at his age and $ numbers? Beal is unmovable so wish them luck with that.

Bucks are another one facing the music when they get eliminated. People rip me when I say it but they have to seriously consider moving off the Freak.

Aren't they at the second apron now? They have really limited options in terms of what they can do.

They are in a really tough situation.

totally agree. KD is the interesting piece to me - what is his value at his age and $ numbers? Beal is unmovable so wish them luck with that.

Bucks are another one facing the music when they get eliminated. People rip me when I say it but they have to seriously consider moving off the Freak.
I fully expect the Bucks to roll it back with Doc, Giannis, and Lillard and use the injuries and a full year of Doc as the excuse.

KD will whine his way out of Phoenix I'm sure. I'm not sure who can use him though. Maybe Orlando?

Aren't they at the second apron now? They have really limited options in terms of what they can do.

They are in a really tough situation.

Yeah they're second apron. Its really hard for them to make moves to add to the team, past minimum deals. They can't aggregate players in a trade, and they can only do trades where they take less money back. Among other things

I fully expect the Bucks to roll it back with Doc, Giannis, and Lillard and use the injuries and a full year of Doc as the excuse.

KD will whine his way out of Phoenix I'm sure. I'm not sure who can use him though. Maybe Orlando?

Of course this would never happen because of past relationships... but he'd probably be a good fit in OKC.

1. OKC has a two year window before their salaries get really high because of their 3 player core (SGA, JWill, Holmgren). So they could absorb his contract for a few years, as they are already 20+ million under the cap.

2. It's probably a workable trade for Phoenix too being on the apron, since OKC can absorb a whole bunch of extra salary.

But again, probably too many burnt bridges to get this done.

Of course this would never happen because of past relationships... but he'd probably be a good fit in OKC.

1. OKC has a two year window before their salaries get really high because of their 3 player core (SGA, JWill, Holmgren). So they could absorb his contract for a few years, as they are already 20+ million under the cap.

2. It's probably a workable trade for Phoenix too being on the apron, since OKC can absorb a whole bunch of extra salary.

But again, probably too many burnt bridges to get this done.
Would he get mad that he’s standing in the corner with SGA handling the ball?

Sounds like Bron is going to opt out. Going to say it again, he should go to San Antonio (assuming that works financially).

Pop + Bron + Wemby would be really fun.

Biggest four point play in the Garden since Larry Johnson.

Good lord. This is what I got for making a Knicks ML bet!

But wow.,, can’t believe that.

WHAT the hell was Robinson doing? Just let him shoot the 3, make your FTs, game over
brutal. And drop coverage too much. Knicks up 96-90 with :28 left!

Can't believe the choke-job by the Knicks. Just wow.

Mitchell Robinson has been crucial and made some huge plays, but that foul was an all-time low basketball IQ moment. Mind boggling.

Then the Brunson iso-ball in OT was brutal. They ran zero offense. Possession after possession were just clear outs for Brunson, hoping he'd make something happen.

I don't see the Knicks mentally recovering from this to win in Philly. Embiid is not going to have another off night like this and I don't see Maxey slowing down. To be one dumb foul away from wrapping it up in 5 and then have to get back into war mode for 6 just sounds daunting.

I think the Knicks have a chance against the Celtics, ultimately. I don't think the Sixers do, so the Sixers pulling this series out would be a bummer for the playoff picture.

Thibs screwed up. Not enough Hartenstein or Donte IMO down the stretch. Robinson was useless.

You rarely see those types of collapses in the NBA with that little time left. Yes runs happen with the ability to shoot and pace but up 6 with :28 left? Yikes.

You rarely see those types of collapses in the NBA with that little time left. Yes runs happen with the ability to shoot and pace but up 6 with :28 left? Yikes.
It happened in game 2 the other way. Down 5 with 25 seconds to go. Lowry missed a FT that started it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom