2023-24 NBA Season | Page 78 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

I don't see the Knicks mentally recovering from this to win in Philly. Embiid is not going to have another off night like this and I don't see Maxey slowing down. To be one dumb foul away from wrapping it up in 5 and then have to get back into war mode for 6 just sounds daunting.

I think the Knicks have a chance against the Celtics, ultimately. I don't think the Sixers do, so the Sixers pulling this series out would be a bummer for the playoff picture.
Gonna be tough. Interesting that Vegas still has Knicks 75% to win the series.

Teams up 3-1 that lose game 5 are 100-13 and have won game six 78 times.

Curious to know what that stat looks like losing game 5 at home? Having to go on the road for a game 6 in that scenario seems like a high pressure situation.

Curious to know what that stat looks like losing game 5 at home? Having to go on the road for a game 6 in that scenario seems like a high pressure situation.
Didn’t dig that deep, but I assume most lost game 5 at home as I expect most had HC. Here’s the full list of teams that won down 3-1.

That usually implies inefficient shooting. He’s very efficient.
In the playoffs he is averaging 30 shots a game - more than anyone else with Luka being his closest rival at 25. That is a lot of shots.

In the playoffs he is shooting under 42% from two and under 30% from 3 and under 80% from the line. He has been great this year - he currently is not shooting it good enough mainly, in my opinion, due to the fact that his degree of difficulty is up and he is shooting too many tough shots.

In the playoffs he is averaging 30 shots a game - more than anyone else with Luka being his closest rival at 25. That is a lot of shots.

In the playoffs he is shooting under 42% from two and under 30% from 3 and under 80% from the line. He has been great this year - he currently is not shooting it good enough mainly, in my opinion, due to the fact that his degree of difficulty is up and he is shooting too many tough shots.

He had two bad games to start the playoffs. You know from your love of stats that you can’t judge a guy on a small sample size like that.

A guy who shoots over 50% inside the arc and over 40% outside does not meet the typical definition of being a volume shooter.

In his last 3 games, he’s 35% from 3, 49% from the field, and 78% from the line. Those numbers are a tick below his season averages but not in ‘not shooting good’ territory.

Basketball ref has all the stats going back to 1984. I see 28 series that were 3-2 with the home court advantage team leading the series and having lost game 5 (this is all in the 2-2-1-1-1 format). Overall, the team up 3-2 is 25-3 in those series. 18 of those 25 wins came on the road in game 6. Let's just say as a Knicks fan I am not nearly as confident as those numbers would lead you to believe.

I was at the game last night, if they lose this series I will never recover. As a fan. As a person I will be fine. (probably)

Reading the missed calls file from the Knicks game last night. I was puzzled with the late play by hart that the called OB was not reviewed as he looked in and the replay showed he was in.

But the 4 pt play dagger was really the key blown call in the game.

Not sure about the flagrant call on the big E that they said should be an offensice on brunson though. That play happens 100 times a game and is rarely and offensive to a player not set on D

I don't see the Knicks mentally recovering from this to win in Philly. Embiid is not going to have another off night like this and I don't see Maxey slowing down. To be one dumb foul away from wrapping it up in 5 and then have to get back into war mode for 6 just sounds daunting.

I think the Knicks have a chance against the Celtics, ultimately. I don't think the Sixers do, so the Sixers pulling this series out would be a bummer for the playoff picture.
Agree- demoralizing gut punch to the Knicks.
The Knicks are a tough, resilient team though-
Game 6 is an opportunity to prove that beyond all doubt. I think they can win it.

Biggest Game 5 disappointment: Maxey prevented the Most Vile Player from leading his team to defeat.

Embiid

Playoff vs Regular Season (Career)
Yes stats go down, but this is significant decline in efficiency.

PPG - 25 (in 35 MPG) vs 28 (in 31 MPG)
FG% - 45.9% vs 50.4%
3P% - 28.6% vs 34.1%
TS% - 58% vs 62%
PER - 22.1 vs 28.5

Embiid

Playoff vs Regular Season (Career)
Yes stats go down, but this is significant decline in efficiency.

PPG - 25 (in 35 MPG) vs 28 (in 31 MPG)
FG% - 45.9% vs 50.4%
3P% - 28.6% vs 34.1%
TS% - 58% vs 62%
PER - 22.1 vs 28.5

Here's another one. (I'm gonna use per 100 possessions)

Regular season: 5.5 assists, 5.2 TO.
Playoffs: 4.4 assists, 5.2 TO.

What was that last second heave by Hield? He must have anticipated a foul cause he had waaaaay more time than that shot made it appear

What was that last second heave by Hield? He must have anticipated a foul cause he had waaaaay more time than that shot made it appear

He turned to the refs after he launched it. He was definitely trying to get a shooting foul called.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom