2023-24 NBA Season | Page 79 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 NBA Season

Knicks open -300 to win Pacers series.

I see -225 on DK now, and it was like -205 last night when I checked right after. -300 seems real expensive to me.
What was that last second heave by Hield? He must have anticipated a foul cause he had waaaaay more time than that shot made it appear

Def thinking the Knicks would foul, and I think Deuce may have reached in a little and swiped at his arm as well.

I cant believe how completely wild that entire series was.

Would like DW here to talk about Ham getting fired. Was he really the problem?

JJ Redick will be the next Laker coach. That’s who Lebron wants if he can’t get Lue.

What was that last second heave by Hield? He must have anticipated a foul cause he had waaaaay more time than that shot made it appear
McBride reached in so Hield tried to get 3 free throws out of it instead of just 2. Instead the refs let the contact go and he looks like a complete idiot.

JJ is probably smart enough to stay in broadcasting
Get paid, let's say $30 million over 5 years, and probably only have to coach for 2 of them and then go back to making money hand over fist from broadcasting while still getting the Laker money too? I wouldn't be surprised at all if he takes it assuming that's who they offer the job to.

Nah, just Lebrons scapegoat. He didn’t sign Cam Reddish, trade for DLo, sign Wood and take garbage in the draft.

The 21/2022 Lakers went with a bench of mostly over the hill geezers who were all 35 (by end of 2022) and for the most cases shells of their former selves - Ariza, DH Augustin, Darren Collison, Wayne Ellington, Carmelo Dwight Howard, Rajon Rondo. They also added in youngsters like DeAndre Jordan (34), Isiah Thomas (33) and Avery Bradley (32).

They took a new strategy in 23/24 of taking every overhyped or enigmatic prospect / player that was still relatively young and expecting them to change things around - Cam Reddish, Christian Wood, Jaxson Hayes, Harry Giles. Or D'Lo to a degree.

I'm stunned that neither worked.

If only they had to kept THT longer - perhaps he would have become the future star that we were told about.

Get paid, let's say $30 million over 5 years, and probably only have to coach for 2 of them and then go back to making money hand over fist from broadcasting while still getting the Laker money too? I wouldn't be surprised at all if he takes it assuming that's who they offer the job to.

I think $6 million a year could even be a little light as well. Though he would be a rookie coach so maybe not

I think $6 million a year could even be a little light as well. Though he would be a rookie coach so maybe not
Yeah, I initially was going to say $35-40 mil. It's definitely possible. Ultimately came down on that number because I know Griffin for example was around $4 million per year but JJ will definitely be more expensive than Griffin was.

Love the reply about Embiid as a response to stupid Philly fan tweet.
Not a Knicks fan in anyway BTW. But this doesn't really seem like heavy foul baiting by Brunson.

Not a Knicks fan in anyway BTW. But this doesn't really seem like heavy foul baiting by Brunson.

Yeah I have seen Brunson do much worse trying to draw a foul. Obviously he knows what he's doing there, but it also looks like he's just going up for a pull up jump shot. He didn't go backward or anything

Between that play and the one shortly before it where Brunson just grabbed Oubre’s arm and pulled on it until the refs called a foul on Oubre, it was a bit much. But I can’t feel bad for Philly with Embiid’s antics every game.

I do feel like they recently made a rule that plays like the one above would be an offensive foul though. Maybe it’s not EXACTLY that play but it’s definitely plays like it.

Between that play and the one shortly before it where Brunson just grabbed Oubre’s arm and pulled on it until the refs called a foul on Oubre, it was a bit much. But I can’t feel bad for Philly with Embiid’s antics every game.

I do feel like they recently made a rule that plays like the one above would be an offensive foul though. Maybe it’s not EXACTLY that play but it’s definitely plays like it.
Batum pulled Brunsons jersey before the head jerk. As a Knick fan I get why other fans can get frustrate with his schtick, but like you said he’s not 7 feet 300 pounds like Embiid falling down anytime someone breathes on him.

I didn't see the one with Oubre -- didn't watch the game. I don't doubt that Brunson walks the line on the new rules, and sometimes gets away with it.

But the new rules don't say this specific play should be a foul. He was still moving forward and jumped forward, and his path was dictated by a potential shot blocker in front of him.

Foul baiting has also not been ruled as entirely illegal. Just certain types of it. Not even saying what Embiid does is illegal, its just extremely annoying.

Day2 what do you want the Clips to do?

Read that they floated out running it back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom