2023-24 Portal Options | Page 140 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

I think it’s hilarious that Love decommitted from Michigan due to his credits not transferring from UNC.

Glad to see there are still some legitimate universities who won’t recognize credits from UNCs imaginary classes for athletes…
Would love him to sue UNC for fraud.

That’s because you still don’t understand NIL. It’s not schools money. It’s donor money.

Yeah even as a bigtime donor if you are paying out your arse for Lance Ware... eek

Doesn't seem like BigEast schools are hurting for money; even without football revenue.
When you only need big donors for one of the major sports it probably becomes easier. Plus they do not need to fundraise as much for the football arms race.

When you only need big donors for one of the major sports it probably becomes easier. Plus they do not need to fundraise as much for the football arms race.
Good point. Without football headaches, whole worlds probably open up. Maybe, some coins to Lacrosse, but men's basketball is their only concern.

Nah, plenty of decent guards to choose from on the roster already. Next incoming will likely be a HS kid to sit and learn.
Other than Ty-Laur, what HS PG would be worth doing that with? Why not wait and push for a '24 kid that is more highly ranked? And in turn grab a portal PG to play now.

I'm sure there are some top 150-200 guys out there that are PG's, but we have enough of these types of players littering the roster. Let's get a more highly rated PG or someone that has already experienced college success.

The GW kid makes a ton of sense.

Yeah, at this point we really don't know for sure what to expect from Red's rotations.

It sounds like we're going to play a style that burns more energy, which means we're going to need to go deeper into the bench and spread minutes around more than we're used to seeing.

What that means for any of our players exactly is hard to say. Maybe Maliq does play some 5. It could happen. I just have a hard time seeing it as a stone cold lineup lock.
Yeah I can see Brown getting plenty of minutes because we need rebounding and I think he will be asked to fill that need some and I think you can slide him between forward and center as needed.

Nova vs Prov bidding war for Lance Ware lol

TrillyDonovan and other accounts, unintentionally or not, are playing into this whole NIL bidding war nonsense because they get info from sources close to these programs who are pushing their own agendas and hyping their programs. But the reality is that these NIL dollar promises are pie in the sky figures and the players are jumping at them despite few real guarantees.

TrillyDonovan and other accounts, unintentionally or not, are playing into this whole NIL bidding war nonsense because they get info from sources close to these programs who are pushing their own agendas and hyping their programs. But the reality is that these NIL dollar promises are pie in the sky figures and the players are jumping at them despite few real guarantees.
trilly gonna trill

Counterpoint, literally his next tweet. He’s just reporting what info he gets on NIL / portal additions. It’s not his fault Nova has more NIL than Providence.

Counterpoint, literally his next tweet. He’s just reporting what info he gets on NIL / portal additions. It’s not his fault Nova has more NIL than Providence.
I would qualify that as: Nova and its boosters CLAIM to have more than NIL than Providence.

I don’t know if Trilly is actually acknowledging that a lot of these numbers that collectives are pitching to athletes are wildly inflated by performance clauses and won’t come close to the crazy figures being thrown around out there.

Yeah I can see Brown getting plenty of minutes because we need rebounding and I think he will be asked to fill that need some and I think you can slide him between forward and center as needed.

He still has to fill out by 20-30 pounds in the next couple years, but I see a young Sam Perkins in the way he plays. He's got super long arms and a nose for the ball. Really plays with a high IQ, which not a lot of young guys come by naturally.

Which is fine because we will have enough standstill shooters to counter and the athletes to drive inside a makeshift zone
Except you beat zones with good passing and smart off the ball movement… not slashing.

I think people are overrating Copeland some. He looked uber-athletic on our team compared to the rest of the roster. Do I think he can be a serviceable bench piece for his career? Yes Do I think he is some top talent that needs to be starting and not recruited over if we can? No
Boeheim called him a “beast” and said he was the best player in practice at times. His ceiling is much higher then you think

Except you beat zones with good passing and smart off the ball movement… not slashing.

Lol. You beat zones multiple ways depending on what type. Bad zones you can drive on.. good zones you want movement. Multiple ball handlers generates better movement if deployed correctly. It's why 3 guard offenses burned our zone so often. Plus middle of the road perimeter shooters can make open ones. So you have the right tools just have to adjust in accordance with what type of zone is used.

7-4 for lobs against the zone with a shooter at the 4 then 3 guards who all can make an open set 3... very effective way to attack a zone.