2023-24 Portal Options | Page 150 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

I was under the impression Dior chose to leave Pitt. A lot of headlines and comments made it seem like he quit. It appears he was kicked out. Pitt said there wasn't another incident, which indicates it's based on the incident that happened a year ago. It would be strange to wait so long, scare away transfer guards, and then release him right before the season starts. Unless maybe he just recently exhausted an internal dispute resolution process with the school. Must be more to it that we'll probably never know about. But it seems he didn't quit.
Yeah Pitt officials (not related to the athletics department) kicked him out

I was under the impression Dior chose to leave Pitt. A lot of headlines and comments made it seem like he quit. It appears he was kicked out. Pitt said there wasn't another incident, which indicates it's based on the incident that happened a year ago. It would be strange to wait so long, scare away transfer guards, and then release him right before the season starts. Unless maybe he just recently exhausted an internal dispute resolution process with the school. Must be more to it that we'll probably never know about. But it seems he didn't quit.
New AD I believe as well played a part. DV happened while prior AD was still at Pitt and the New AD came in and put the foot down on any title 9 issues.

Last chance U kinda kid. Hopefully he doesn't end up another statistic on the street. Seems the kid really needs some help to get straightened out.
I don't know. Dior seems more like he's had several last chances. At some point, no matter the talent, it's just not worth it. His track record of moving around places is beyond crazy.

I don't know. Dior seems more like he's had several last chances. At some point, no matter the talent, it's just not worth it. His track record of moving around places is beyond crazy.

Honestly my point was more about I hope he finds a way to not turn into the wrong kind of statistic

New AD I believe as well played a part. DV happened while prior AD was still at Pitt and the New AD came in and put the foot down on any title 9 issues.
I think it's the Chancellor who is new. Hired last month. General sentiment among Pitt fans on their fan board is that she "corrected a mistake" made by the previous administration in not kicking him out. I suppose that explains the delay in action. The fans generally seem to agree with kicking him out but are upset about the timing. Pretty brutal given they likely would have picked up another transfer guard if the decision was timely made.

Is it legal (not that it really seems to matter) for a player to contact a another school during their season? I assume, it isn't the reverse or can a coach talk to a player "IF" they had a previous relationship?

Is it legal (not that it really seems to matter) for a player to contact a another school during their season? I assume, it isn't the reverse or can a coach talk to a player "IF" they had a previous relationship?
They usually have a “representative” put out feelers ahead of time they hit the portal. Happens in season as well.

WVU’s Roster must be getting thin with him and I imagine Akok Akok out for a while despite being released from the hospital. ( glad he was released)

In WVU’s game against George Mason that they won 85-78, Jesse fouled out in just 24 minutes. If he stays foul prone Akok’s inability to play will really hurt. By the way Woody Newton is on George Mason scored 11 points, 6 rebounds in their loss. In case anyone’s interested box score below

WVU’s Roster must be getting thin with him and I imagine Akok Akok out for a while despite being released from the hospital. ( glad he was released)

In WVU’s game against George Mason that they won 85-78, Jesse fouled out in just 24 minutes. If he stays foul prone Akok’s inability to play will really hurt. By the way Woody Newton is on George Mason scored 11 points, 6 rebounds in their loss. In case anyone’s interested box score below
To be fair in those 24 min he went 21/7

And GM shot 50 pct I side the arc plus 30 FTs. Between fouls and interior D about what we were handing out with him at the 5 the past couple years.

I didn’t think I said anything bad about Jesse. Sorry if it was taken that way, No doubt Jesse did great, my only point now, WVU lacking depth playing without Akok his backup, who played 14 minutes before collapsing, their lack of depth could be tested if Jesse is limited by fouls. Heck I said the same thing last year about SU when Jesse had foul trouble. :)

I didn’t think I said anything bad about Jesse. Sorry if it was taken that way, No doubt Jesse did great, my only point now, WVU lacking depth playing without Akok his backup, who played 14 minutes before collapsing, their lack of depth could be tested if Jesse is limited by fouls. Heck I said the same thing last year about SU when Jesse had foul trouble. :)
Sorry about that, didn’t mean you were saying anything bad.

I am curious how he and Joe will be this year though, will definitely be checking a bunch of their games out.

Sorry about that, didn’t mean you were saying anything bad.

I am curious how he and Joe will be this year though, will definitely be checking a bunch of their games out.
I probably will hate watch some WVU games.

Mannnn I wish Jesse didn’t leave. But is what it is. He would have taken this team to the next level and now he’s stuck on a crappy WVU team in a tough predicament.

Judah, JJ, Benny and Jesse would have been an a great 4 and Chance if he stayed healthy. This team would have had final four aspirations. Is what it is unfortunately