2023-24 Portal Options | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Maybe it’s just me, but I love the transfer portal. Being a bigger basketball brand like Syracuse, we’ll inevitably land good players.

Rumors of Maryland surfacing today with Moore as well. His portal entry seems to be a poorly kept secret at this point. SU, UNC, MD all mentioned to be in the mix.

Still partial to credible accounts like Slater with previous intel promoting SU as lead here, but as we know the transfer portal is quite a fluid situation

Rumors of Maryland surfacing today with Moore as well. His portal entry seems to be a poorly kept secret at this point. SU, UNC, MD all mentioned to be in the mix.

Still partial to credible accounts like Slater with previous intel promoting SU as lead here, but as we know the transfer portal is quite a fluid situation

Well given the TTO connections and the quality of the backcourt we would have- we should be one of the most attractive options honestly.

Well given the TTO connections and the quality of the backcourt we would have- we should be one of the most attractive options honestly.
Sure, though he's from DeMatha making MD the home connection, and UNC with Davis + Bacot is still quite the package. Will be a tough get regardless of where he ends up.

Sure, though he's from DeMatha making MD the home connection, and UNC with Davis + Bacot is still quite the package. Will be a tough get regardless of where he ends up.
We can play in TTO connection, Dome atmosphere, getting Cole Swider to NBA (Justin Moore was better than Cole at Nova), and NIL (will probably need mid 6 figures a year in NIL)

UNC will have Wilcher coming in alongside Davis as well as the kid from Brown. They lost a bunch of guards as well but those are all backups. Overall 6 UNC players have hit the portal and then Black has exhausted his eligibility- I believe Nance too.

Will be interesting how they go about it. UNC doesn't present any more stability than we do at this point.

UNC will have Wilcher coming in alongside Davis as well as the kid from Brown. They lost a bunch of guards as well but those are all backups. Overall 6 UNC players have hit the portal and then Black has exhausted his eligibility- I believe Nance too.

Will be interesting how they go about it. UNC doesn't present any more stability than we do at this point.
They also had a top 40 freshmen guard on their bench this season in Seth Trimble.

Watched a couple Oregon Games, minus his physical appearance, he never impressed me. Looked like a guy who only played because he was forced to. No energy or emotion.

Another post noted he was visiting Gtown already...

Saw that. The same post [or tweet, or wherever the information was derived from] didn't list us as being one of the schools involved.

Maybe a futile cause, with Cooley going to G-Town. But interesting nonetheless.

Chance Westry is transferring from Auburn. Wouldn’t consider him a possibility, but just thought it was interesting that another recruit from that class has jumped ship.

Also, I wonder if Cadeau will move to 2023. I know he’s said he’s staying 2024, but I think we’re going to see some movement into 2023 from some of these 2024 kids.