2023-24 Portal Options | Page 135 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

Portal is closed, so whos the guard we are getting?

Reading between the lines of some legitimate posters here and people on Twitter, it seems as though the staff has targeted a backup plan in case Judah stays in the draft.

Any guesses as to who this is? I was hoping it was MKA, but obviously that ship has sailed.

Any clues?
The portal is closed, correct. Grad transfers don’t need to portal. Guys who are in the draft and graduated already can come back and transfer without entering portal.

Last edited:
No idea but things are very quiet on Ty Laur the jersey kid who decommitted from Memphis who is wildly underrated rankings wise. Would be another youngster but kid has all the tools to contribute immediately
I don't want to kill the vibe, but Ty-Laur had a TS% of 47.8% and a 1.3 A:T ratio in the defense-optional OTE league. Maybe he hits the ground running in college but I wouldn't say he's a sure thing by any means.

I don't want to kill the vibe, but Ty-Laur had a TS% of 47.8% and a 1.3 A:T ratio in the defense-optional OTE league. Maybe he hits the ground running in college but I wouldn't say he's a sure thing by any means.

Well that's a buzzkill. I did see a highlight video that was more a lowlight video...

So we're not publicly involved with anyone else I believe. Anyone know if we're talking to anyone?

Judah's likely to make a decision by the end of the week. I'm not sure there's anyone left in the portal who could replace him.

EYBL numbers for the Rens were much more impressive.

Udeh plans to visit Duke, among others. Duke was most likely going to trot out GGGFF, with Flip as center, but if they get Udeh they could move Flip over and have versatility. They'll be tough.

Udeh plans to visit Duke, among others. Duke was most likely going to trot out GGGFF, with Flip as center, but if they get Udeh they could move Flip over and have versatility. They'll be tough.

Go for it. Udeh is extremely raw. Much more so than what they've have in recent years. He will have a hard time pushing Filipowski down to the 4.

I would have lower expectations for him than McLeod for this year.

Portal.
This has to be a grad transfer who hasn’t put his name in yet and is waiting to see what Mintz does. Otherwise his name and Cuse connection would be out there I would think. I really hope Judah comes back because I think a backcourt with him, JJ, and Chance could be incredible on both ends of the floor. But I’m intrigued by this option if Mintz doesn’t return.

Not sure if he’ll portal, but Jahvon Quinerly of Alabama would qualify as a grad transfer. He’s an experience point guard who has played at a high-level for many years.
I think he’s already transferred twice.

Grad transfers get to transfer another time. Quinerly has been at Arizona, Villanova, and Alabama. He will be 25-years old this fall.
Did he ever make it to Arizona? I thought he committed there and then they got busted for paying players (with next to no punishment) and then he switched to Nova before getting to AZ.

Did he ever make it to Arizona? I thought he committed there and then they got busted for paying players (with next to no punishment) and then he switched to Nova before getting to AZ.
You are correct; he never played at Arizona because of the scandal involving direct payments out of high school