2023-24 Portal Options | Page 146 | Syracusefan.com

2023-24 Portal Options

If someone offered you $400k to leave your co-workers and boss, you wouldn’t take it?
but thats not really how it works for normal people.. if someone offers me that much today to go someplace that also means moving a family across the country and finding a house and schools etc.. not doing it for 400K. Now maybe single i would do it.

I was offered a job many years ago for double what I was making at the time.. I was single, and so it wasnt 400K but 30yrs ago thats like what 150K it was a big salary jump. But i didn want to leave family and friends and co-workers and find out it sucked work/live there. But i can see a kid in college doing it

If someone offered you $400k to leave your co-workers and boss, you wouldn’t take it?

I'm not blaming him. There's nothing wrong with chasing money. I'm very lucky that amount wouldn't be worth it to leave my situation at this point, especially since I don't have a boss any more. But at any other time in my life before a year ago it would have.

I don't blame him at all, I think he was a bit of a d*** in some of things he said, but I will never fault someone for chasing a dollar. But because they're semi-pro now I don't feel as bad for taking a little pleasure at his misfortune. He left a good situation for more money and his team is likely worse than the one he left...and he has to live in West Virginia.

Just came across some footage of Jesse showing up to his first summer workout
1687558758764.gif

How are these guys getting paid to write? His middle sentence is missing words that actually tell you something.

Is this some how Mitchell's fourth team?

4th team indeed. Just for fun love to see another UK commit ask out of his NLI.

Kinda wild you can debut in 2019-2020 and be on your 4th team already without missing a season.

Kinda wild you can debut in 2019-2020 and be on your 4th team already without missing a season.

He did only play 13 games his second season to be fair( covid year).

College basketball's top ACC transfers heading into 2023-24

1. JJ STARLING, SYRACUSE​

It’s always a big deal to land a five-star recruit. In this case, first-year Syracuse head coach Adrian Autry gets a former five-star recruit heading into his second year of college basketball. Starling was the No. 22 overall recruit in the country, and the top-ranked transfer heading to the ACC checks in as the No. 5 overall transfer according to 247Sports’ transfer portal rankings. An inter-ACC transfer from Notre Dame, Starling averaged 11.2 points per game as a freshman and could step into a role where he can use a bit more of his creativity.

8. JOSEPH GIRARD, CLEMSON​

Another inter-ACC transfer, Girard arrives at Clemson from Syracuse. Clemson’s formula has worked pretty well with the Tigers’ ability to space the floor from 1-through-5, and BartTorvik projects the kind of Clemson team that could compete for an NCAA Tournament spot in 2023-24. Enter Girard, a terrifically experienced player with 123 starts over four seasons and 297 career 3-point makes. That includes 89 and 88 makes over the last two seasons, when he shot 40.3% and 38.1%, respectively, averaging 13.8 points and 4.2 assists as a junior, then 16.4 points and 3.0 assists last year. The No. 47 overall transfer doesn’t just look like a good transfer, but a potentially excellent fit.

10. CHANCE WESTRY, SYRACUSE​

With the return of Judah Mintz and the addition of Starling and Westry, Syracuse could have a really fun up-and-down type team with a backcourt that boasts size and creative potential from multiple spots. The No. 75 overall transfer, Westry was the No. 44 recruit in the 2022 class before playing a limited role at Auburn as a freshman, playing 9.5 minutes per game over the 11 games he played in and averaging 2.5 points and 1.0 assists per game. He also shot poorly, missing all 14 of his 3-point attempts and making 3-of-7 free throws. Both are small sample sizes, and Westry has enough shooting ability to take a leap there at Syracuse.