2023 Away Games Wish List | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Away Games Wish List

We only know at Purdue with be Saturday, Sept 17th

Let's assume no date conflicts.

Rank order your away games you most likely would travel to (list most likely first)

Purdue Sept 17th
Florida State
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
Virginia Tech

I could see myself doing a tailgate at any of these places...however, I expect only 3 get selected.
UNC
Va. tech
Purdue
FSU
Ga. tech

Georgia Tech might be higher if we weren’t planning on Atlanta in 2025.
Really ambivalent on Virginia Tech since we were there last year, but somewhat driveable and some attractive side trips.

Ga Tech
Purdue
Va Tech
FSU
UNC

Been to Atlanta many times, never outside Hartsfield. Like to see it.
Purdue would just be something different.
Va Tech people say is fun.
FSU I have been to and it sucked
UNC , I go to the area every summer to golf so I don’t need to go there.

Last edited:
Va Tech
Ga Tech
Purdue This would have been one but of course I play in my annual big golf tourney that weekend, have to make a decision lol... really enjoyed that trip years ago except the actual game!

What the hell is the ACC scheduling czar doing with Syracuse and VT? We hadn’t played there in like 20 years until it finally happened in 2021. And there we are, back again in 2023.

Almost as bad as @ Notre Dame in 2025. And then... @ Notre Dame in 2026.

So I'll finally chime in

Purdue Sept 17th
Florida State
Georgia Tech
North Carolina
Virginia Tech

The only stadium I've never been to is GTech, I'll put them first

GTech: never seen a FB game there. Definitely winnable.
FSU: easy game for me from my FL house. Need a win there though.
VTech: winnable game, best to play in October
UNC: A solid location. Pretty easy to get to
Purdue: Going to be tough to excited for thus one.

1. UNC
2. Purdue
3. Virginia Tech
4. Florida St.
5. Georgia Tech

UNC: High school friend is a professor at UNC school of medicine and works as a part time grounds keeper during the summer @ Pinehurst, which allows him access to the course for free. If this is still the case for next year, I may not have room for tailgate gear as my clubs will be in tow.

Purdue: Family lives in Indiana & Kentucky and made up about 1/4 of the tailgate group for last years Ohio game. May have similar interest from family depending on nephews football schedule who now plays for division III Thomas Moore. Plus who doesn't want to see the worlds largest drum.

Virginia Tech: Enjoyed the last game. Beautiful campus. Would love to play them at night, versus noon.

Florida St: Would be higher on the list, but SU will be playing @ Florida St. every other year.

Georgia Tech: If we were to go to this, would likely skip the game against Tennessee in Atlanta the following year.

1. UNC
2. Purdue
3. Virginia Tech
4. Florida St.
5. Georgia Tech

UNC: High school friend is a professor at UNC school of medicine and works as a part time grounds keeper during the summer @ Pinehurst, which allows him access to the course for free. If this is still the case for next year, I may not have room for tailgate gear as my clubs will be in tow.

Purdue: Family lives in Indiana & Kentucky and made up about 1/4 of the tailgate group for last years Ohio game. May have similar interest from family depending on nephews football schedule who now plays for division III Thomas Moore. Plus who doesn't want to see the worlds largest drum.

Virginia Tech: Enjoyed the last game. Beautiful campus. Would love to play them at night, versus noon.

Florida St: Would be higher on the list, but SU will be playing @ Florida St. every other year.

Georgia Tech: If we were to go to this, would likely skip the game against Tennessee in Atlanta the following year.

Awesome summertime gig for your friend, jealous!!!!

Agree about VT at night

Although it would give them a significant home field advantage, would love to experience the atmosphere of a night game there

Purdue...might be likely for tailgate...just going to have to see. I have some camp logistics going on then. I should have it figured out by February

Obie9

Georgia Tech - I haven't been to Atlanta since i was a kid. They have such a great food scene that I'd love to check out a bit.

Kansas
Kansas State
Missouri

Oh I misunderstood. That's just my personal wish list, not who we are actually playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom