2023 Bowl Projections thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Bowl Projections thread

The only reason they are in the position they are in is because they are in the ACC. They aren’t 13-0 in the SEC

Maybe but if they were in the SEC wouldn't that have changed how much $ they can spend and the recruits?
You can't just slot them in without all the other intangibles to go with it.

Maybe but if they were in the SEC wouldn't that have changed how much $ they can spend and the recruits?
You can't just slot them in without all the other intangibles to go with it.
Seems like norvell‘s got it figured out.

I dont like that they are doing it this way. You know they are going to probably spend 30 miniutes straight focusing on the top 4 teams...spend maybe 10 min on every other bowl combined, and then spend the last 20 minutes back on the top 4 again
More like

30 mins talking about the Top 4
18 mins commercial breaks
6 mins talking NY6 bowls and how SMU or Liberty got screwed
4 mins talking about all the other Bowl games with SEC teams
2 mins the rest on the closing credits scroll.
I hate to break it to you guys after all this astute analysis, but it is a 4 hour show (12-4pm).

True. But conference championships are supposed to matter so we are told

Which we all know, what we were originally told is largely true until the committee shows it’s not true anymore.

It will be Alabama. Winning the SEC championship trumps everything you laid out. The SEC champ isn’t getting left out. And in reality we all know FSU, despite being undefeated, is the weakest team of the entire 7 teams. They probably should be left out.
I disagree a thousand percent plus Florida State is 2-0 against SEC foes this year there is no way you can leave them out being undefeated and to be honest they had the hardest situation losing two quarterbacks…it would be a travesty

I think one of the two ESPN guys have projected Syracuse to that game a few times in recent weeks. Seems like Syracuse wants a post Christmas game and Military may not work with yesterday’s results. Now random non ACC bowls are being projected.

McMurphy says we are going to Texas.

First Responder Bowl in Dallas. GT gets Fenway. BC gets Detroit.

Pretty sure JW pulled some strings to avoid a really cold weather bowl two years in a row.

Not great but we could do a lot worse.

No one is projecting FSU making the playoffs. They are going to have to play a very pissed off Georgia in the Orange Bowl and probably lose by 20.
I can't see many people traveling to Detroit the day after Christmas. Fenway would be cold but the timing seems better.

This whole argument for eye test and best 4 teams is complete dogchit. thank christ that there will be 12 teams next season

yesterday proved this theory. Georgia was favored over bama. Tulane was favored over smu and oregon was a damn 10 point favorite to beat washington. 0-3 in that argument

put the most deserving teams in and stop with this eye test crap. College football is so stupid in this regard.

My fear with the 12 teams is that it will basically turn into 8/12 teams will be SEC and B10 teams. I thought it was a good idea except it allows ND to say independent, I was hoping without expansion they’d be forced to join a conference. But I think the 12 team thing will turn into a dog and pony show on a greater scale than what we’ll see today. They’ll justify adding as many SEC/B10 teams as possible because they play in tougher conferences and have tougher schedules.

My fear with the 12 teams is that it will basically turn into 8/12 teams will be SEC and B10 teams. I thought it was a good idea except it allows ND to say independent, I was hoping without expansion they’d be forced to join a conference. But I think the 12 team thing will turn into a dog and pony show on a greater scale than what we’ll see today. They’ll justify adding as many SEC/B10 teams as possible because they play in tougher conferences and have tougher schedules.
Difference is that it really doesnt matter in football once you get past the top 10 teams. I mean lets say missouri is the 12th team this year. Is missouri going to win the natty? no chance so it really doesnt matter who gets left out once they go to 12. In hoops its different as a team who is 15th-20th could win it all. Happens a lot.

Difference is that it really doesnt matter in football once you get past the top 10 teams. I mean lets say missouri is the 12th team this year. Is missouri going to win the natty? no chance so it really doesnt matter who gets left out once they go to 12. In hoops its different as a team who is 15th-20th could win it all. Happens a lot.

Yeah I agree with that. My point is more that it’s going to turn into a 12 team playoff that will mostly feature SEC and B10 because of their perceived difficulty of schedules. SEC the argument is fair, that’s the toughest conference to play in. But B10 conference sucks and gets way too much credit.

Yeah I agree with that. My point is more that it’s going to turn into a 12 team playoff that will mostly feature SEC and B10 because of their perceived difficulty of schedules. SEC the argument is fair, that’s the toughest conference to play in. But B10 conference sucks and gets way too much credit.

I'd take SU's makeshift O over Iowa's O. That is tough to watch.

The only reason they are in the position they are in is because they are in the ACC. They aren’t 13-0 in the SEC
That’s probably true. But they did go 2-0 against SEC teams this year.

I disagree a thousand percent plus Florida State is 2-0 against SEC foes this year there is no way you can leave them out being undefeated and to be honest they had the hardest situation losing two quarterbacks…it would be a travesty
A travesty are the ridiculous calls that regularly go against us in this conference. I’m cool with no ACC team this year and us making the field of 12 next year when Fran loads us up and we run through that easy schedule.

Early prediction - Cuse-SMU are playing this weekend next season in Charlotte for a spot in the field of 12.

A travesty are the ridiculous calls that regularly go against us in this conference. I’m cool with no ACC team this year and us making the field of 12 next year when Fran loads us up and we run through that easy schedule.

Early prediction - Cuse-SMU are playing this weekend next season in Charlotte for a spot in the field of 12.
I agree with the calls against us I’m not debating that I’m just saying they beat two SEC teams this year and won their league I think that’s sufficient

The one team that completely lucked put in this playoff is michigan. They played a horrific schedule and aside from beating ohio state who have they really been tested by?
If anything Michigan should be out for spygate

The one team that completely lucked put in this playoff is michigan. They played a horrific schedule and aside from beating ohio state who have they really been tested by?
No one. Last year that conference got 2/4 teams in though what’s in it for them to play anyone OOC they’d still be out with a loss to Ohio St regardless. If McCarthy got hurt vs Ohio State and they struggled vs Iowa there would be pressure to leave them out.

The First Responder Bowl is at Gerald Ford Stadium. It’s SMU’s football stadium.

Probably a better sell this year to put SU in the Northeast.
Not sure if this is a good idea for the day after Christmas
I think the top factors here as far as SU is concerned are

1) date
and
2) what the players want

I believe exams end at SU on 12/19. Any bowl played before Christmas has a major impact on the player’s preparing for and taking finals. I believe in the past they have said this is a major issue and I think it still is.

And I believe SUAD knows the players have been through a lot this year and want to do right by them by letting them determine where they go, as best they can.

I assume the players were polled and voted for Dallas. I bet a bunch of them have never been there.

All speculation on my part.

Regarding FSU, I hope they get a spot in the playoffs. IMHO, Alabama was clearly a level below the top teams this year. Props to them for getting an upset over what appears to be an overrated Georgia team but they have struggled all season and are not one of the top 4 teams in the country.

It is a shame the Seminoles appear to be on the outside looking in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom