2023 Coaching Carousel | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Coaching Carousel

What happened to Breys 3 year deal?
Thought someone said that Brey wasn’t aware that his ND contract nullified paying him if he took another job within a certain amount of time. Crazy that he or his agent weren’t aware.

I do and have no issues w their reporting. I like Goodman on the field of 68, both guys are passionate. And I think both hold SU in high regard.
I've asked this before, is there anybody in sports media (outside of SU) this board does like?
Bunch of haters on here.

Do they have to be alive? Cuz I think we might have a problem otherwise.

Thought someone said that Brey wasn’t aware that his ND contract nullified paying him if he took another job within a certain amount of time. Crazy that he or his agent weren’t aware.

I'm not sure they could legally get away with not paying him the difference. If he was due $3 million from ND and signed with USF for 1 million, I believe they'd still be on the hook for the $2 million.

It's tantamount to reverse slavery. You can't force someone to work (except for rare circumstances where monetary damages won't suffice and specific performance is the only solution) b/c it has connotations of slavery. Here, if they didn't have to pay him, they could theoretically fire him immediately upon hiring and force him to sit on his bum and go insane. Some people just need to be active.

There is also a big push to invalidate non compete clauses nationwide. I wonder how that will impact deals going forward if it were to pass.

P.S. I suppose whether he was truly fired also comes into play. I think they tried to play it off as a mutual decision.

Maybe it's me but what is the benefit of making this type of Twitter post? So sharing something that is embarrassing for someone and on top of it not potentially being true seems pretty lame. Not looking to get deep here, just honestly seems _ickish.

Maybe it's me but what is the benefit of making this type of Twitter post? So sharing something that is embarrassing for someone and on top of it not potentially being true seems pretty lame. Not looking to get deep here, just honestly seems _ickish.
click click click

New to Twitter eh

Grant MacCasland’s North Texas teams have been incredible. I loved watching them this season. The defense is always elite elite.

I think he can build a better Virginia at a P6.

Grant MacCasland’s North Texas teams have been incredible. I loved watching them this season. The defense is always elite elite.

I think he can build a better Virginia at a P6.
Think he was the favorite for TT coach since they fired Mark Adams

Somebody mentioned Ben McCollum. Have to wonder why he is still at Northwest Missouri. He reminds me of Kansas football coach Lance Leipold. They both killed it in a lower level for years. Won't be surprised if McCollum has similar success when he gets his opportunity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom