2023 Maui Classic | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Maui Classic

If we can get Jesse to stay for next year (and not lose our key returnees), I think we can be a top 25 team next season. We won't start there but we could end there.

Especially if we get Adams or a high end forward from the portal.
SU fans need to start the Jesse “one more year” chant for our last four home games.

Just looked at the Maui field for next year and noticed that the current number 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, and 17 teams in the rankings are in the field along with us and Chaminade. Wow, this legitimately is going to be the toughest Maui field ever and perhaps the toughest pre-season tournament of all time. I know every season is different with roster turnover but man is this field impressive. Truly a gauntlet.

Just looked at the Maui field for next year and noticed that the current number 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, and 17 teams in the rankings are in the field along with us and Chaminade. Wow, this legitimately is going to be the toughest Maui field ever and perhaps the toughest pre-season tournament of all time. I know every season is different with roster turnover but man is this field impressive. Truly a gauntlet.
Its unrealistic to expect us to make a splash here

But

Imagine Red comes out of that tourney with a quad 1 win or two?

I honestly think we’re going to initially see a reenergized home crowd immediately next year. Whether or not the new regimes in a position to capitalize idk

Hopefully we get Chaminade in first round.

Au contraire bon ami. SU has NEVER lost in Maui.

FlickeringSeveralDutchsmoushond-max-1mb.gif

Nice thing about Maui too is shooters gym and shooters rims. Thus bring it on D with a look no one will have really scouted yet.

Nice thing about Maui too is shooters gym and shooters rims. Thus bring it on D with a look no one will have really scouted yet.

Yeah, nobody will have any film on our O or D!

They will be totally screwed!!
;)

Narrator - they will not be totally screwed.
Because every other team there (sans Chaminade) will likely have a lot more talent and experience than we will.

Rather not draw Purdue if Edey is coming back

I will be very curious to see if the BIG lays an egg again in the tourney this year. Purdue was a world beater early but against much weaker versions of those teams. The BIG has looked shaky down the stretch.

Yeah, nobody will have any film on our O or D!

They will be totally screwed!!
;)

Narrator - they will not be totally screwed.
Because every other team there (sans Chaminade) will likely have a lot more talent and experience than we will.

We will need advantages where we can get them. Early season is often where opportunities vs good teams come up. Maybe we can snag a pelt or two above our pay grade at that point in the season.

I will be very curious to see if the BIG lays an egg again in the tourney this year. Purdue was a world beater early but against much weaker versions of those teams. The BIG has looked shaky down the stretch.
Purdue can look like a mediocre team at times, but when they concentrate on feeding the big guy and letting him eat they are a force.For some reason they forget or just can’t get him the ball deep enough and that’s when they struggle.
Could see the Boilermakers make a deep run or even lose early in the tournament.

Purdue can look like a mediocre team at times, but when they concentrate on feeding the big guy and letting him eat they are a force.For some reason they forget or just can’t get him the ball deep enough and that’s when they struggle.
Could see the Boilermakers make a deep run or even lose early in the tournament.

Yep. Given guards will continue to be the biggest xfactor in tourney time, being a post offense team I have trouble seeing them go far. Their previous teams always had a massive big but also dynamite scoring combo guards too. Thr frosh guards are solid but not quite that level. Iowa and Illinois have been snakebit coming in with big man centric offenses. Painter is a much better coach too... we shall see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom