2023 Maui Classic | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Maui Classic

The way we have performed in OOC the past 5-6 years? We could lose to Chaminade too
Joe and Judah return, but the latter gets in a fight with a Chaminade waterboy. After multiple ejections, some Chaminade scrub runs the length of the floor and rattles home an awkward floater at the buzzer. Taylor comes off the bench for 25 and is approached by Bill Self. In the presser, the Chaminade coach takes a few swipes at JB, who skips the post-game festivities for some much-needed beach time. Joe retires from basketball before the team flight home and sets up a new chain of dispensaries on the big island with Bill Walton and Frank Howard.

Book it.

I just read thru the email and did a dummy reservation. Airfare, hotel and tix comes to about $4,000 per person. I’ll be setting up a gofundme.
I can’t get it below $6200 without airfare lol

If Jesse doesn't come back can we cancel out to avoid taking 3 loses?

Bring back Judah, Brown, Taylor and Bell as the cornerstones and roll from there. Let Weitsman hit the portal with $$$ to bring in an impact center and another player or two (Adams?) and we’ll be ready to roll. I also expect Copeland to make a sophomore jump if he sticks it out (which I think he will).
Bring back fifth year senior JG3.

How bring back edwards too.
kidding aside, does anyone have a sense of whom (5th year) that would come back?
Does the COVID year still help/apply?
(we played, Ivy didn't, but I thought everyone got an extra year?)

kidding aside, does anyone have a sense of whom (5th year) that would come back?
Does the COVID year still help/apply?
(we played, Ivy didn't, but I thought everyone got an extra year?)
Yes covid yr does apply.

People have loved this tournament. I think this could be my year. Have to find someone to "buddy" with me on this trip.
I think we'll go.

Hawaii became my 50th state when I went to Maui Classic in 2013. If you have the time, here are some recommendations for those making their first trip to Hawaii.

1) Go a few days early and play tourist. Visit the other islands. We went to Oahu, Kauai and the Big Island (three day-trips on small planes). It was well worth it ... especially doing the entire Pearl Harbor tour and seeing the smouldering volcanoes on the Big Island up close. You may never go back there, so take advantage of the opportunity

2) Hire a good local guide for a day or two in Maui. You'll learn about history and culture as well as the spectacular scenery... and the best places to eat and drink. (And he/she will do the driving).

3) Stay at the team hotel. There was much family-like interaction between fans and the players/coaches on and around the beach. It really felt like a family vacation.

4) Hawaii is a bird-watchers paradise. If you're a birder, study up on Hawaiian birds or buy a good Hawaiian bird guide. For non-birders this probably sounds silly, but birders will understand.
Best place to eat, only one choice, Mama's Fish House. Reservations needed a week in advance. No kidding.

Must do's for newbies:
Road to Hana with sides to one of the waterfalls and the botanical garden. Press on to the state Park on the backside of Haleakala and hike the Piea trail through the bamboo forest. Ignore the rental car warnings to not go beyond Hana. I've done it twice, once having to drive all the way around the backside with one arm. Left arm was seriously injured on a trail and my date was scared to drive. It was the quickest route to the nearest hospital, an old TB Sanitarium in the up-country.
Haleakala for sunset or sunrise. It does get cold up there. Get in on an astronomy tour. For local culture check out the downtown Civic Center schedule.
In Lahaina do some sailing or whale watching.
Nice aquarium not too far away.
For beach go to Wymaia. lots of choices for golf.
On North shore world's best pineapple at the plantation, their own Native breed. Take a 2 pack home.
Uplands, the glassblowers in the town that begins with an H between Makaweo and Piea. There was a restaurant with a Cuse banner in Makaweo upper left hand corner of the intersection when facing uphill at the end of Benson.
For shopping Piea, on North shore.
Avoid Kehai, although it would have least expensive housing, codo rentals.

Last edited:
Best place to eat, only one choice, Mama's Fish House. Reservations needed a week in advance. No kidding.

Must do's for newbies:
Road to Hana with sides to one of the waterfalls and the botanical garden. Press on to the state Park on the backside of Haleakala and hike the Piea trail through the bamboo forest. Ignore the rental car warnings to not go beyond Hana. I've done it twice, once having to drive all the way around the backside with one arm. Left arm was seriously injured on a trail and my date was scared to drive. It was the quickest route to the nearest hospital, an old TB Sanitarium in the up-country.
Haleakala for sunset or sunrise. It does get cold up there. Get in on an astronomy tour. For local culture check out the downtown Civic Center schedule.
For beach go to Wymaya. lots of choices for golf.
On North shore world's best pineapple at the plantation, their own Native breed.
Uplands, the glassblowers near Makaweo. There was a restaurant with a Cuse banner in town left hand corner of the intersection when facing uphill.
Avoid Kehai.
Was the restaurant Polli’s Mexican? If so, have I got a story for you!

Yeah, I think that's the name. Funky place with funky layout. Dirt lot parking on left side. Mexican and hamburger type place. There is a traffic light at the intersection and a gas station to the right, east, when facing uphill.

Yeah, I think that's the name. Funky place with funky layout. Dirt lot parking on left side. Mexican and hamburger type place. There is a traffic light at the intersection and a gas station to the right, east, when facing uphill.

Must do's for newbies:
For beach go to Wymaia. lots of choices for golf.
On North shore world's best pineapple at the plantation, their own Native breed. Take a 2 pack home.
Uplands, the glassblowers in the town that begins with an H between Makaweo and Piea. There was a restaurant with a Cuse banner in Makaweo upper left hand corner of the intersection when facing uphill at the end of Benson.
Avoid Kehai, although it would have least expensive housing, codo rentals.
100% agree with this.
Mama's is a must-do.

Road to Hana, like jetlag, can be brutal. I tore up a Mustang convertible...

Floated this by my fiancé as an early 30th birthday present. Met with a lot of skepticism. Luckily have another year and a half to work on my pitch. I feel like I’m trying to land a 5 star
Trade her in for two 2.5s and have the time of your life.

How bring back edwards too.
If we can get Jesse to stay for next year (and not lose our key returnees), I think we can be a top 25 team next season. We won't start there but we could end there.

Especially if we get Adams or a high end forward from the portal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom