2023 New Balance All-America Games: July 27-30 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2023 New Balance All-America Games: July 27-30

Does Deere come to play or does he stay up north in the playoffs… Finn played last year but they were eliminated

I guess they have the rosters on InsideLacrosse:

Hm... They have Gravino listed as going to Michigan?

I don't exactly see why Elijah Stobaugh from Florida is North.

The North roster numbers 24
They have added Kyle Foster, D, Boys' Latin OSU and Drew Melchionni, D, Delbarton Villanova - to the listings - so perhaps a couple of d-men are banged up.
From what we heard from a poster here.. Scott is hurt.. hasn’t played in OJLL since early June.. so that

From what we heard from a poster here.. Scott is hurt.. hasn’t played in OJLL since early June.. so that
The end of my reply was cut off …it was suppose to say so that may be one reason they added new players
Meant no disrespect to anyone

Game coming up tonight at 8pm on ESPNU.

Lacrosse to watch. I wonder what announcers we will get?

Game coming up tonight at 8pm on ESPNU.

Lacrosse to watch. I wonder what announcers we will get?
Thanks for the heads up. Almost forgot it was on today, not used to it being on so late into summer. Looks like Booker and Beardsley will be on the call.

Trey Deere, A, Salisbury (Conn.), Syracuse
From Kahnawake Mohawk territory, Deere has been on the radar for years, but elevated his profile even more in the summer of 2022 by being a leader on the Haudenosaunee Nationals' bronze-medal winning squad at the World Lacrosse U-21 Championship in Limerick, Ireland. After helping Salisbury to a 12-4 finish this spring, he averaged more than five points in his first 12 games with the Orangeville Northmen to start this summer, building chemistry with future Orange teammate Joey Spallina. He's a creative lefty with a great mid-range shot.

Game just started and Deere just scored a nice goal for the north team. Playing with a traditional wooden stick.

Jake Spallina seeing a lot of time on offense and defense so far. Has two shots early.

this announcing team of corrigan and beardsley makes me long for anish, quint and carc. they are so embarrassing. i get its an all star game but you have beardsley talking about shaving his forearms and corrigan dropping the clash references that 0% of kids watching will understand. corrigan also sounds like he's about to climax every time a goal is scored. it is a nightmare

this announcing team of corrigan and beardsley makes me long for anish, quint and carc. they are so embarrassing. i get its an all star game but you have beardsley talking about shaving his forearms and corrigan dropping the clash references that 0% of kids watching will understand. corrigan also sounds like he's about to climax every time a goal is scored. it is a nightmare
I was literally just about to post the exact same thing. Booker is beyond cringe worthy. Maybe he'll mention a few more times how the north is wearing union blue and the south is wearing confederate grey. Ric is just being Ric, but I didn't think he'd actually be less embarrassing than his partner. Everyone should lay off of Anish, Quint, and Carc after this

I was literally just about to post the exact same thing. Booker is beyond cringe worthy. Maybe he'll mention a few more times how the north is wearing union blue and the south is wearing confederate grey. Ric is just being Ric, but I didn't think he'd actually be less embarrassing than his partner. Everyone should lay off of Anish, Quint, and Carc after this
booker just said he wants jake melchonni to bang his daughter i'm not kidding

earlier beardsley said lacrosse is so boring that he wants to drive his car into a tree

these guys should not be allowed within 100 yards of a school let alone calling games on espn

Fyock turning the game into a joke. I know it's an all-star game, but after 5 possessions where the defense gave you an open shot, you gotta go back to your cage.

I haven’t seen a recap yet on the game anyone have one? Looking for the deets!

I haven’t seen a recap yet on the game anyone have one? Looking for the deets!
North won 22-16. Led the whole game. Coached by Joe Spallina. It looked like Trey Deere was on Attack for the first half of each quarter. He scored his 2 goals in the 1st qtr. Looked good. Didn't get many passes the rest of the way. It was mostly a shooting game & the North came out on fire. Jake Spallina, also on the North team, took maybe half the faceoffs but didn't seem to do very well. Also played some midfield during the game and did better.

Here was my take on the standouts (mostly offensive, given this is an all star game):

Attack:

Owen Duffy (St. A's/UNC): Best player in the class IMO. Lightning quick, with great stick skills and a decent outside shot. Didn't play his best game and still was the leading points scorer with 3 Gs and 2 As. Should start day one from X for Carolina IMO.

McCabe Millon (McDonogh/UVA): Didn't see as much of the ball as usual, but still was productive and a threat whenever he touched the ball. Had a great BTB goal. A player I have felt was highly overrated over the years, propped up by his last name. But IMO he has made strides (and grown a bit physically), and is mostly worthy of the hype now. Still think Duffy is the better player (and almost a year younger).

Kyle Lehman (Wissahickon/PSU): Leading goal scorer on the night with 4. Accurate shooter who bursts into scoring areas. More of a lefty wing attacker, and someone I could see coming out of the box offensively if there's a log jam at attack.

Middies:

Tomas Delgado (Brunswick/Duke): All over the field as a two way middie. Has a good shot with both hands and is physical between the lines. Could see him playing offense or SSDM for Duke.

Benn Johnston (AOF/Duke): Everything above also applies to Johnston. Except Johnston is physically more imposing; he looks like a guy who already has been in a D1 weight room. Feels like he is maybe slightly less developed offensively than Delgado, as he really only shot the ball low and away.

Thomas Gravino (Victor/Maryland): Silky smooth and runs the field well. Had three goals and all were scored in different ways: one was on the run in transition, another was an ankle breaker from X, and the third was a nice inside finish after a few smooth fakes.

Jackson Greene (St. A's/Harvard): One of the revelations of the night. Had a play in the middle of the game where he ran up field with the ball and he looked twice as fast as everyone else in the frame. Scored with both hands and has a great split dodge into a shooting motion down the alleys.

LSM/D:

Jake Melchionni (Delbarton/Nova): Late addition to the game and was a worthy MVP on the night 2 Gs, 1 A, 7 GBs, and 3 CTs is a hell of a box score. It appears he's a natural righty, but scored both goals after switching the stick into his left hand.

Goalie:
Matt Tully (N&G/Cornell): This is a good goalie group, but Tully stood above the rest. Active and athletic, with quick hands. Went from save to outlets very quickly.

Cuse guys:

Trey Deere: I've spoken a few times on this board of my opinion that Deere's athletic limitations mean that he is not a 5 star/top 20 caliber prospect in my eyes. In some respects, I still believe that; he's not a dodger at the D1 level, and indeed even last night in an all-star game, the South team started short sticking him pretty quickly. Having said that, I was definitely impressed with how he played, and felt that he was able to showcase more athleticism in other aspects of the position. His finishing is unquestioned, so there is always a valuable role for him in any offense (especially one that moves the ball like Cuse's). But what stood out was his aggressiveness and physicality on the ride. He caused a number of turnovers and was a pest to the South's poles throughout.

Jake Spallina: Another guy who I've requested tempered expectations on. If his last name was Spallina he would not be in this game; I see him as more of a 3 star recruit. A lot is made of his versatility, but as the level of competition rises, versatility becomes less important. In D1, with large rosters and great talent everywhere, it's about having elite traits. Spallina is a good high school face-off man, but not on the level of the guys who are recruited as college FOGOs (as demonstrated last night, where he went 3-14 at the X); if Cuse is relying on him in that capacity at any point, things are obviously not great in that position. As an offensive middie, he has solid stick skills, but he didn't really create any shooting opportunities. He had a good feed across the field to an open attack man on the back side, but other than that was mostly a glue guy. As a two-way middie, he looked solid but lacked the dynamism and athleticism in the middle of the field of guys like Delgado and Johnston.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom