2023 NFL Thread | Page 81 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

And ND football. It is funny but I’ve never met a cowboys fan who likes those teams. Most are just a product of the 70s where you either liked the Steelers, Cowboys, Dolphins, or Raiders. Local teams were atrocious during those times…..kind of explains why kids in Syracuse don’t like Syracuse hoops/football/lax
I grew up in 80’s where SU hoops was dominant local team so my buds’ NBA loyalties were all over the map.

And ND football. It is funny but I’ve never met a cowboys fan who likes those teams. Most are just a product of the 70s where you either liked the Steelers, Cowboys, Dolphins, or Raiders. Local teams were atrocious during those times…..kind of explains why kids in Syracuse don’t like Syracuse hoops/football/lax
I have

Born in the 70s, grew up on the Northside in the 80s my neighborhood friends rooted for the Skins, Bears, and Jints.

All of us cared more for SU football, hoops & lax than any pro team.

Living in WNY, I’ve met more Bills fans who root for ND football, Duke hoops, or UGA football than when I lived in Syracuse.

Born in the 70s, grew up on the Northside in the 80s my neighborhood friends rooted for the Skins, Bears, and Jints.

Living in WNY, I’ve met more Bills fans who root for ND football, Duke hoops, or UGA football than when I lived in Syracuse.
I spent time in WNY in the late 1970s. The main outlet for college hoop games at that time was NBC (Enberg, Packer and McGuire). The local NBC affiliate would air curling matches on the weekend while the rest of the country was watching college hoops. Maddening. Buffalo, at least back then, couldn't care less about college hoops and I never felt they cared all that much about SU hoops.

Henninger?

Only decent game of the weekend and I’ve got a 6am flight tomorrow

I spent time in WNY in the late 1970s. The main outlet for college hoop games at that time was NBC (Enberg, Packer and McGuire). The local NBC affiliate would air curling matches on the weekend while the rest of the country was watching college hoops. Maddening. Buffalo, at least back then, couldn't care less about college hoops and I never felt they cared all that much about SU hoops.
My brother in law (born & raised in Orchard Park) is a die hard Bills fan who roots for UNC hoops, Texas Longhorns football and Yankees baseball.

I shake off most of the WNY Dallas vitriol knowing most of them never gave a fig about SU sports

Early/mid 90s. Older siblings tried Henninger for a year and our folks picked Ham.
Growing up on north side, did you know The Epifanis , Gino Barbuto, tommy tanner or Sam Kozladgian (spelling)?

Growing up on north side, did you know The Epifanis , Gino Barbuto, tommy tanner or Sam Kozladgian (spelling)?
Tommy Tanner, yes. Gino Barbuto, maybe. Epifani.. yes.

An older brother of mine likely played futbol with them (and perhaps you).

Is Alex Grinch coaching the Rams defense? They look like USC trying to tackle.

He play for Ham or Henninger?

What years?
My older brothers played Ham varsity Fall 85-91. I played Fall 92-94.

Don’t think my oldest brother played Henninger varsity as a freshman in fall of 84.

My older brothers played Ham varsity Fall 85-91. I played Fall 92-94.

Don’t think my oldest brother played Henninger varsity as a freshman in fall of 84.
My senior year was Fall 83. Your brother who played in 85, was he at Nottingham in ‘83-84.? Never mind your response above just registered.

Your older bros, and maybe you, had to have played with the Jacksons?

Tanner and Tony Epifani were tremendous players. I played against Gino also.

My senior year was Fall 83. Your brother who played in 85, was he at Nottingham in ‘83-84.?

Negative. My oldest bro’s freshman year at Henninger was your senior year at Ham.

He transferred to Ham in fall of 85. We know and played with many of the Jacksons (Nick, Thanners, Sam, etc.) Great family and extremely talented soccer players!

Apologies for the sub-thread in the NFL thread!

My senior year was Fall 83. Your brother who played in 85, was he at Nottingham in ‘83-84.? Never mind your response above just registered.

Tanner and Tony Epifani were tremendous players. I played against Gino also.

Tommy was a legend and I played with and against his younger brother, Jimmy.

Tony Epifani was another Northsider who was a widely known soccer talent to younger guys like me.

EDIT - Tony was more of a personality and an “acquired taste” to some of us other Italian descendants.

Thanks for the great stroll down memory lane!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom