2023 NFL Thread | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

HOFCeluck

Living Legend
Because why not?

As expected, Philly lost both its coordinators :(

I never would have expected that sad-faced, talking-on-the-phone, 2011 Geno Smith would ever get a $105M contract in the NFL but he just did and I’m strangely happy for the guy.
After about 10 years of injuries and struggling, he finally puts it all together in the right opportunity so congrats Geno.

PS, the Mountaineers are still couch-burning bumpkins.

Carolina gave up a lot. For their sake, I hope whatever QB they take is a stud. They should know that it’s no guarantee….they traded for both Mayfield and Darnold the last couple years.

Gotta get the right guy, have the right staff, and have some patience IMO.

And I should know…as my team has Danny Dimes aka Big Stones Jones, who will lead us to the NFC East Title this coming season….

I understand the logic for both sides here, but it's so easy to picture this blowing up in both of their faces.

Chicago got a pretty good haul, but it won't matter if Fields doesn't develop. And Carolina now gets whoever they want at QB, but it's obviously been pretty proven at this point that it's a crapshoot even at the top of the draft and this year in particular there doesn't seem to be anyone considered a lock up there.

Rodgers stated he intends to be a Jet

Still the third best team in the East

I don’t get it. Rogers going to the jets and is lobbying for them to bring over the same weapons that lead Green Bay to stinking last year … minus their best receiver. Why do we just assume he’s not washed ?

We knew the Eagles weren't going to be able to retain all their starting (*) free agents...
*Hargrave $21 mil
Dillard 9.7 mil
*Edwards 6.5 mil
*Sanders 6.25 mil
*Epps 6 mil
*White 5.5 mil
Minshew 3.5 mil

The last 2 (Seumalo and CJGJ) got a lot less than expected...

*Seumalo signed a 3 year/$24 mil deal with Pittsburgh. Birds have a guy in Jurgens who can probably step right in at RG.

*Gardner-Johnson wanted big safety money. Didn't get it elsewhere, so he just took a one year $6.5/mil deal (up to $8 mil max) with Detroit.

Locking up the 2 starting corners, Bradberry & Slay, were the priorities. Greedy Williams added as a backup corner was a nice pickup imo. I think Penny is a sneaky good signing with all the upside for the money. Mariota makes sense for a Hurts backup. Playback doesn't have to completely change (like it did for Minshew) in the event Jalen is out.

I have no proof of this, but my instinct is that Rogers is not a good locker room dude.
Seemed to have a lot of Packers offensive player friends over the years so imagine that is just assuming because of him being a pain in the ass to the incompetent coaches he was paired with and the idiots in the front office that chose to draft his successor instead of weapons to get them over the hump as he was winning more MVPs.

Forcing the Jets to sign Cobb and Lazard with the young offensive weapons on the Jets already is dumb. Rodgers wasn't good last year anyway. This is going to be Brett Favre with the Jets all over again.

Washington has the same number of playoff wins this century (2) as they do name changes (2).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom