2023 NFL Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Can’t say this that often, but Staley literally lost the game with his douchenozzle clock management at the end of the half.
Staley and JC Jackson cost the Chargers the game

What the bleep was Siriani thinking on that 4th down? I don't care what your 'personality' is. Ya just gotta punt there.

Birds won anyway. All is right with the world.

I wonder if those of us 55 years or younger will see the first fired Pittsburgh Steeler head coach in our lifetimes.
He's always been held in very high regard and I've never understood why. He's an average coach at best.

I can't imagine being a Chargers fan. It never ends.

He's always been held in very high regard and I've never understood why. He's an average coach at best.
Zero losing seasons, has won 63% of his games, won a Super Bowl title, usually makes the playoffs, if not they miss it at 8-8 or 9-7.(just barely on the wrong side of the bubble!)

He’s basically the Jim Boeheim of the NFL.

What the bleep was Siriani thinking on that 4th down? I don't care what your 'personality' is. Ya just gotta punt there.

Birds won anyway. All is right with the world.

Ya its one thing if ur playing against Mahomes or Allen or the Niners but it's Mac Jones, just punt it, dudes not going 80+ yards with zero timeouts

Zero losing seasons, has won 63% of his games, won a Super Bowl title, usually makes the playoffs, if not they miss it at 8-8 or 9-7.(just barely on the wrong side of the bubble!)

He’s basically the Jim Boeheim of the NFL.
That comparison to JB probably works better than you think. Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in each of the last six seasons. Kinda similar to JB's run over the last half decade.

To be fair I know Tomlin is an accomplished coach but I've never viewed him as an elite coach like many others have. Seen him get outcoached numerous times in big spots over the last several years.

That comparison to JB probably works better than you think. Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in each of the last six seasons. Kinda similar to JB's run over the last half decade.

To be fair I know Tomlin is an accomplished coach but I've never viewed him as an elite coach like many others have. Seen him get outcoached numerous times in big spots over the last several years.
He’s a future hall of famer.

Would love some consistency on how “pick” plays are called/not called.

You know how the NFL works - whaddya done for me lately?
They’re rebuilding and have still managed to remain respectable/decent.

All about the QB in this league. Their HOFer got old. Now they’ve got a young guy that they hope will have it.

Dishonest to pretend any other coach would’ve done better there recently.

Some of those Pennsyltucky Steeler fans have their own agendas though.

They’re rebuilding and have still managed to remain respectable/decent.

All about the QB in this league. Their HOFer got old. Now they’ve got a young guy that they hope will have it.

Dishonest to pretend any other coach would’ve done better there recently.

Some of those Pennsyltucky Steeler fans have their own agendas though.
Think of Tom Coughlin. He won more super bowls, went to more championship games and had a much better playoff record. than Tomlin. He should be in the HoF too. But I'm sure by 2015 you were ready to bid TC adieu. Tomlin is heading in that direction. And it has zero to do with race. Steeler fans are amongst the most passionate and loyal fans in the NFL. They're accustomed to success.

Tomlin is too loyal to his assistants. The defensive failures cost them towards the end of Ben's career, and now the offense isn't helping the defense. He's also too conservative on 4th downs for a modern era coach.

Think of Tom Coughlin. He won more super bowls, went to more championship games and had a much better playoff record. than Tomlin. He should be in the HoF too. But I'm sure by 2015 you were ready to bid TC adieu. Tomlin is heading in that direction. And it has zero to do with race. Steeler fans are amongst the most passionate and loyal fans in the NFL. They're accustomed to success.

Giants were horrible in Coughlin’s last few years though. And Coughlin was old.

Not the same.

Passionate, sure. There’s still a large Pennsyltucky element there.

Giants were horrible in Coughlin’s last few years though. And Coughlin was old.

Not the same.

Passionate, sure. There’s still a large Pennsyltucky element there.
I disagree with your last comment but some folks see racism around every corner. Not winning a playoff game for six years in a row will frustrate any fan base.

Can’t say this that often, but Staley literally lost the game with his douchenozzle clock management at the end of the half.

That plus the bone headed DPI at the end of the first half

All that said I think it's been more the Steelers front office than Tomlin.

Their D vs. our O is such a mismatch.

That’s just a horrible decision by Jones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom