2023 NFL Thread | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

Dallas defense can’t stop the run without Hankins.

They were borderline reasonable against the run with him.

Mazi Smith is looking like a first round bust.

Dak blew this early by not running the ball himself.

On to Miami.

On to Miami.

He has shown that the moment he gets hit, he plays scared. This game is a carbon copy of the last 3 years of the SF games. 3 and out, over and over and over.

He is a serviceable starter but he will never win in the post season.

On to Miami.
My squad drafted a 1st round D lineman also out of Michigan and he was labeled a bust during his first few years in the league. He's still in the NFL 14 years later. Some times these DL dudes take time.

Last edited:
My squad drafted a 1st round D lineman out of Michigan and he was labeled a bust during his first few years in the league. He's still in the NFL 14 years later. Some times these DL dudes take time.
No idea who you’re talking about but I’m sure it’s not Fletcher Cox.

Most first round DTs worth their pick show enough in year one to keep the faith (e.g. Bills Ed Oliver)

Smith doesn’t even start.

He has shown that the moment he gets hit, he plays scared. This game is a carbon copy of the last 3 years of the SF games. 3 and out, over and over and over.

He is a serviceable starter but he will never win in the post season.

He doesn’t run enough in important games.

He sits on the ball and doesn’t decide to tuck it and run fast enough against a good pass rush.

7DElrBgkJSX4Qc6.jpg

No idea who you’re talking about but I’m sure it’s not Fletcher Cox.

Most first round DTs worth their pick show enough in year one to keep the faith (e.g. Bills Ed Oliver)

Smith doesn’t even atart.
Brandon Graham.

He doesn’t run enough in important games.

He sits on the ball and doesn’t decide to tuck it and run fast enough against a good pass rush.

He takes way to many sacks for a guy in year 8.

But the offense is not entirely his fault. Dallas cannot run the ball either. Pollard looking exactly Felix Jones when he was finally made lead back.

We need a truck like Derrick Henry for games like this. Take the pressure off of Dak and the passing game.

If this is actually true, I am being a bit hard in my criticism. We will see one way or another next week in Miami.

1702859397185.png

He takes way to many sacks for a guy in year 8.

But the offense is not entirely his fault. Dallas cannot run the ball either. Pollard looking exactly Felix Jones when he was finally made lead back.

We need a truck like Derrick Henry for games like this. Take the pressure off of Dak and the passing game.

They ran the ball fine but for the fact the Dallas defense couldn’t stop the run.

Hard to stick to running the ball when you’re down 2 TDs.

And Dak doesn’t seem to understand when to take off and run to get first downs by any means necessary.

Dallas ran the ball effectively against Philly’s massive interior front. It helped that their defense could stop the Iggles running game (partly due to the Iggs bad play calling and a healthy Jonathan Hankins.)

Bills DL is a great mix of stout DTs & pressure from DEs. Cowboys didn’t do enough to move the chains consistently because Dak didn’t make quick decisions.

Cowboys didn't adjust the run defense well, Bills kept running the tackle dart/pull play and making Dallas tackle.

My squad drafted a 1st round D lineman out of Michigan and he was labeled a bust during his first few years in the league. He's still in the NFL 14 years later. Some times these DL dudes take time.
Love me some BG.

Brady would have 3 less superbowl rings if the refs called pi then like they do now. The play before the called one just now was right out of the pats playbook. Throw the ball up and rely on the refs to call any contact defensive interference.

That was some special needs clock management by Lawrence at the end of the half. It was first down just spike it. At the very least that throw has to go into the end zone or out of bounds

I hope your right. The Raiders #7 pick from last year is looking like a D line bust

They ran the ball fine but for the fact the Dallas defense couldn’t stop the run.

Hard to stick to running the ball when you’re down 2 TDs.

And Dak doesn’t seem to understand when to take off and run to get first downs by any means necessary.

Dallas ran the ball effectively against Philly’s massive interior front. It helped that their defense could stop the Iggles running game (partly due to the Iggs bad play calling and a healthy Jonathan Hankins.)

Bills DL is a great mix of stout DTs & pressure from DEs. Cowboys didn’t do enough to move the chains consistently because Dak didn’t make quick decisions.

They did not run the ball fine, imo. If you want to call it lack of commitment to the run instead of the RBs not doing well, sure.

The two RBs carried 14 times. I looked at the play by play log on ESPN and they ran the ball just 9 times in the first half, on 4 drives. Of those 4 one of those drives they did not run at all. Most of that first half they were only down by 14.

This lack of commitment to the run is why they never win in December or January when the weather is bad.

1702900023209.png

Playing with these playoff scenarios and there's a very real scenario where 3 or 4 ten win teams miss the playoffs in the AFC. The Bills are playing well, but they more than any team need to win out. They need help if they lose.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom