2023 NFL Thread | Page 68 | Syracusefan.com

2023 NFL Thread

If you said 70 reported in some vague way and that caused a penalty for a formation issue thats one thing.

But for 68 to not report while standing in front of the ref would make no sense since Goff sent him right to the ref to do it,, Did he forget on that 20ft of walk?

Refs cant assume guy is going to report and players have to acknowledge the ref heard them. This happens many times a game and most of us never care since it means very little to us.

What usually happens is a player reports and stays in and forgets to report again.

68 was right in front of the official. This isn’t hard. The ref was going through the motions.

68 was right in front of the official. This isn’t hard. The ref was going through the motions.

The ref was creating what’s known somewhere in the League Office as a “back-pocket foul” in case the play doesn’t go as the League would prefer.

Like during the Brady/Belichek hey days

The ref was creating what’s known somewhere in the League Office as a “back-pocket foul” in case the play doesn’t go as the League would prefer.

I don’t think they are capable of such chicanery. I think they are just incompetent.

I believe the answer is found in the magic loogie.
tumblr_lqunqheiAv1qj9qhto1_500.gif

Guess they did that on the fantom trip to, eh?

I took NE +14.5. That's waay too many points in the NFL and division opponent
If I’ve learned one thing in the past 20 years its that AFC East teams bring out the worst in each other when Brady’s not involved

Why do they have t report at all? If you can fool the other team by switching guys, why shouldn't you be able to do it? Is it any different thana 'stunt' on the defensive line?
They are ineligible or eligible by their jersey numbers. Why would the defense cover an ineligible guy? Also, illegal formations are dictated by eligible and ineligible receivers and where they are lined up.

How much of a fast one is it if they sit with the officials before the game and tell them this is one of their trick plays? lol

It's like a magician explaining to you the card is going to be up the sleeve as part of the "magic trick" - then they do the trick and you're left wondering where the card went! How???? lol

I don't know how Tyreek let that one get away from him.

They are ineligible or eligible by their jersey numbers. Why would the defense cover an ineligible guy? Also, illegal formations are dictated by eligible and ineligible receivers and where they are lined up.
Why base it on jersey numbers? Why not just force the defense to keep track of who is at the end of the line and who isn't?

Why base it on jersey numbers? Why not just force the defense to keep track of who is at the end of the line and who isn't?

Isn't the game stacked in favor of the offense enough already?

On Red Zone, Scott Hansen referred to Tyrod Taylor "coming for Tommy DeVito when he was benched". It wasn't the first time I've heard that this week.

Wasn't Tommy the 3rd string guy and Taylor the second string guy? Was he 'benched' or did he simply give way to the second string guy when that guy became healthy?

On Red Zone, Scott Hansen referred to Tyrod Taylor "coming for Tommy DeVito when he was benched". It wasn't the first time I've heard that this week.

Wasn't Tommy the 3rd string guy and Taylor the second string guy? Was he 'benched' or did he simply give way to the second string guy when that guy became healthy?

Tommy started over Tyrod when Tyrod was back and healthy, so I’d call Tommy being replaced a benching.

Tommy was named starter, therefore he was benched.

Yikes that didn't look good at all for Bradley Chubb. Hate to see that even for Miami

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom